Fanatec CSP brake loadcell setting

I am curious at what setting you generally have your brake pedal loadcell. Do you drive with socks,bare feet or shoes on?
I find the force needed to press the brake in on settings higher than 3 pretty strong, but perhaps this is realistic? Are the pro's and con's to using a higher or lower setting in your opinion?
Do you cap the brake pedal's upper deadzone (effectively making it brake 100% at 80% pedal input, for example) to get a more comfortable reaction?

The load cell has a large range to deal with for good reason, From the guys who place the pedals on carpet and dont Bolt them down, All the way to guys who have Full Built rigs and like to simulate a LOT of braking force required for 100% brakes. Its all personal opinion in what you want to feel.

There's One Major thing i HIGHLY suggest trying at minimum, Move the brake pedal pivot point UP One hole from the default position. 99% of guys come back with a Positive rating on the change. Essentially your removing a lot of the "pre load cell squish" which can emulate a more race brake feel, VS a soft squishy feel. Again every one has their own opinion and the worst that can happen is you dont like it and go back. So your call.

Next would be to Get yourself a quality Shock on the Brake, The stock unit is a joke in terms of quality and effectiveness.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply.
I've already modded my pedals with stiffer springs to get a little more feedback on your feet.
I don't think I have tried altering the position yet, so it might be worth a try.
My pedals are on the floor btw, or rather, on the floor bars of my Racing stand.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back