Released Factory Test Track

Factory Test Track Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?mzlleef8nrzn311

Updated for ver 090 thru 090rc5d without cache or tod files, use your own tod.
The ai has a couple of bad spots and needs to have somebody make a new one as I keep crashing into the woods which are non-collide. I made no changes to the track itself only fixed Qlog special.ini and track shader errors.
Runs at about 223 fps without shadows 140 with. lools better with the shadows.
Have fun

Attachments

• track.txt
    11.6 KB · Views: 475
Alex,
Stereo's version has the sky shader with a texture that doesn't exist and the track had other Qlog errors among other things that I fixed. Don't know where the screenshot came from that you posted (Stereo?) and what other changes Stereo might have made. The trees on my update don't work good at night (show a black plane), so I posted a track.txt (s/b track.shd) file in the first post that fixes that fairly well.
Looking at the track with tracked it appears that the mountain and sky are not quite right which I'll try to fix later.
Also FOG doesn't work on Racer ver 090 thru 090rc5d, another bug?

Merry Christmas! Was hoping for a present from Ruud!

Stereo,
I was refering to the one linked in your post with the Porsche and 350Z. It was from tracciontessaras sic. The shaders also had problems with the trees as it used transparent instead of xtree which made the tree planes black when lit with car lights. It was a good start but made for extra work to get most everything right.
I'm still puzzeled over the fact that the original track had fog but updating the special.ini file elimininated the fog and fog also doesn't work on any track using the info on racer.nl.

Currently fog is primarily handled by gfx.fog.rayleigh and gfx.fog.mie in special.ini, or the rayleigh/mie curves in the tod. I don't know if the separate fog even does anything anymore. You can make it foggy by eg. 'fog mie 0.02' 'fog rayleigh 0.001' in the console.

Looks like it'd be best to just repack a working version of this for 090f since I can't explain where the skybox texture came from.

I also noticed the shader used for the mountains isn't right (they appear/disappear based on the 'clouds' variable), but haven't tested what's more appropriate.

Haven't tried to make fog with tod curves yet. Fog just didn't work with the variables in special.ini, ran raleigh and mie all the way up to 10.0, no fog!

The mountains are a problem i'm working on. There is a panorama cg I believe might work to fix them.

keep your time, i tested the panorama cg with no resoult....
i use this:
Code:
shader_materialname~vf_sky
{
  ;sky=1
  sort_offset=-220
  cull=back
  compression=0
  cast_shadow=0
  layer0
  {
    diffuse=1 1 1 1
    map=texturename.xyz
    alphafunc=gequal 90
  }
}

looks good and works well...
20775966-163.jpg

As per fog, mie/rayleigh will work, but you also need to set extinction_factor to get it to thicken up too usually.

The standard TOD curves have good values for these already in them, so I can only assume it's some bad settings in tracks special.ini (ie, old values or bad values), over-writing the good values present in the TOD curves.

This is an area where you can get some odd results and needs some tidying at Ruuds end imo. There is a lot of legacy stuff in there which kinda doesn't make sense to be there any more except for no-cg support, but it seems to impact CG tracks?!

Dave

I was surprised as well, this is the first time in years when he hasn't come through with something.
He's been gone for a long time now, I guess someone needs to go check all the pubs in town.
Be sure to check UNDER the tables too.

Alex Forbin

"Ruud was last seen: Yesterday at 1:05 PM" Looks like he's still checking in, maybe crying over that nice bug list we made.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back