Resource icon

Skins F_Reiza Skin Pack 1.0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
DeuxAlpha submitted a new resource:

F_Reiza Skin Pack - Short of 150 Semi-Fantasy Skins

All Credit goes to Hansel22 over at RFactor Central for the skins. All I did was change the Alpha Layer of the textures, since the base was too shiny.

If he opposes me uploading the skins here, I'll obviously take them down.

I converted them over a year ago and just now decided to upload the skins. Keep in mind that I made the conversion rather bluntly and over a year ago, meaning that the shiny/matte-ness may be a bit off, so let me know if something seems weird to you and I may be...

Read more about this resource...

Dude, you didn't include a readme about how to install these skins. Because I tried installing them with their folders into the right area, and they didn't show up, so if you could explain how to install these skins, that would be great.

Dude, you didn't include a readme about how to install these skins. Because I tried installing them with their folders into the right area, and they didn't show up, so if you could explain how to install these skins, that would be great.

After extracting the Package, take all the folders (40 Penske, 41 Penske, etc.) and put them in the following directory: "C:\GAMEDIRECTORY\GameData\Vehicles\F_Reiza\".

Strange. I tried booting up Spielberg with the Alfa Romeo, and it loaded fine.

The only reason I've come across before where it would crash was when I loaded a track with more AI than was allowed for that specific track, but I'm not sure if that is the case here.

Other than that, I'd make sure you're testing with a vanilla track.

Also, I didn't bother with giving the cars their own categories and classes. That might cause an issue, but I highly doubt it. If you do want to check out whether that causes an error, however, you can easily change those by using my Vehicle Editor.

Sorry for the headache!

I did test with a vanilla track, and it crashed on me. I'll try your vehicle editor and see if it works. I am running Automobilista on Windows 10 the Anniversary Update Edition, or whatever they call that.

Alright. I think I might have something. According to the vehicle editor, the class/category these skins have is listed as Reiza2. So if that's the problem right there, then I may have found it. I have enclosed a pic of it to show you what I mean.

Attachments

• AMS Vehicle Editor F-Reiza Skins.jpg
    AMS Vehicle Editor F-Reiza Skins.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 288
Seems like you've figured out the Editor. AMS used to have Formula Reiza in a class called 'Reiza2', before they switched them to 'F-Reiza'. As you've noticed correctly, my skins are still running under 'Reiza2'. If you want to quickly switch them over, you can simply copy-paste all those lines into an Excel-Sheet, change all the values to 'F-Reiza', and paste all the cells back into the Editor, overriding the original values. Save parameter, override Drivers (that way they should also show up under the normal Formula Reiza-Series).
However, I can't for the life of me figure out why that would cause a crash on your end, since my computer is running the cars fine, and I haven't tampered with the classes/categories (they're still called 'Reiza2'). I'm running on Windows 10 Pro, so similar to you, thus that shouldn't be the issue, either...

Don't worry about asking too many questions, I obviously want everyone downloading my stuff to have a smooth experience, so narrowing down where problems come from will help me and others in the future!

I may download the Vanilla AMS (I'm using AMSBeta) after work and try running the skins on that end, on a fresh install, to see if I run into the same issues. If not, I'll make a detailed walkthrough of how to get it to run and reference it on the Download-Page.

I don't use Microsoft Excel. Office is too expensive for me, lucky I have Open Office. The spreadsheet program with Open Office should do the trick. And one other note, I tried what you said, and I got one of those exception errors for the array out of bounds thing.

Yeah, I tried what you did. Got this error, set in compatibility mode, did what you suggested again, and still got this error. Care to explain that one?

Attachments

• AMS Editor Error.jpg
    AMS Editor Error.jpg
    514.5 KB · Views: 290
Worked fine for me. Strange. I updated the Editor with more user-friendly error messages, instead of just crashing. Laziness on my part, apologies. Might need to redownload.
From what I was able to see, the only reason that error message would show up is if there were not enough parameters for the amount of drivers. Judging from the size of the scroll bars on your screenshot, it seems like there are more rows of drivers in comparison to rows of Classes. If you only have veh-files for the skin-pack loaded in the editor (in order to avoid overriding any other files), try and simply keep copy and pasting 'F-Reiza' until they fill the same amount or more than there are drivers.
The way the program works is that each driver has a corresponding line on the other side, and takes whatever it finds and updates its file. So if there is nothing, it throws an error. (If there are too many, it wouldn't care).

EDIT:

I'll update the Skin Pack with the proper classes and categories when I get home, in order to make things easier moving forward.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back