Skins F4 British 2017 - Carlin #38 Jamie Caroline for RSS4_1.0 [WIP]

It's almost done.

In my mind there's the desire to replicate all the cars of the last F4 British Championship.

I replicated also the "ventus" bold logo on Hankook tires, but I decided to let RSS text shine on it because I owe them for their splendid add-on.

I received a proactive support from formulaHEINE for the F4 common sponsors textures and from Fat-Alfie for the WOW logo, completely made from scratch.

This community is fabulous. :)

1Senza titolo-1.jpg
caroline.jpg
3Senza titolo-3.jpg
tyre hankook.jpg
2Senza titolo-2.jpg
DK9OaViXoAAfX6h.jpg
3Senza titolo-4.jpg
Caroline-02-2-18.jpg

Very good work, keep on! :thumbsup:
Make some nice reflections for the blue parts via the 'RSS4_Chassis_D_map'.

As i wrote you via PM, free to use my Hankook Brit F4 tire textures.
BF4_Tire.jpg

edit:
Here's a reference pic of the actual tire:
tire_18558918_869769559843595_2707426662950102515_o.jpg

Last edited:
I can't reach your level, FH. :redface:
But it's tremendously fun! :)
And thanks. Eventually, I'll use your work.

It would be nice if the blue of Carlin has a chromatic shine. I don't know how to enhance relflections.
I'll keep on studying.

It's almost done.

In my mind there's the desire to replicate all the cars of the last F4 British Championship.

I replicated also the "ventus" bold logo on Hankook tires, but I decided to let RSS text shine on it because I owe them for their splendid add-on.

I received a proactive support from formulaHEINE for the F4 common sponsors textures and from Fat-Alfie for the WOW logo, completely made from scratch.

This community is fabulous. :)

View attachment 221331 View attachment 221332 View attachment 221333 View attachment 221334 View attachment 221335 View attachment 221336 View attachment 221337 View attachment 221338
Awesome man looks really detailed :)

Base color I am getting seems really nice like @formulaHEINE is saying its tricky to replicate but not impossible with some adjustments on the maps to achieve a much stronger look ,
what is your alpha channels like ?
Mine here is all white AO in the alpha map , makes it pop , just this one setting :)
96ddf94fbbb2c3433344e17612e44094.jpg[img]

As you can see here , I am using the full AO map in the 5th channel the alpha layer shown to the right , if yours is black or dark , most likely black from previous skins or builds which adds carbon ,
full black in this channel will show 100% carbon , but as a side effect will make the livery darker slightly , adding the AO map into this channel will make the livery shine much brighter and give a nicer toning effect , I do not believe this livery you are making as carbon where we made our channels black so you should see better results by making it AO based .
1c54ff4ab391863fbb6ffcfa9c7a36fb.png

Here is a good demonstration on the MAPS ,
Here we have the same livery as above , with the AO map in the alpha channel ,
but the Chassis_D_Map is all green , I will show below the effects of just a solid based MAP
96ba7068de8fd761f749b93626484949.jpg

Here you can see its practically all mat , to give a greater effect of what you are trying to achieve ,
I would suggest the metalish effect , chrome style , have Alpha channel AO
in the main diffuse , where you want the chrome to be more effective leave this straight up AO ,
the rest which is slightly darker mask it off which is normal paint and change the brightness to maybe -50-60
55ea878764a9d6f6ece4488a8716f493.png

Here basically we are doing some basic tone mapping , color mapping to achieve different reflection properties

Here is a split map , AO RSS4_Chassis_D_MAP ,
544d82710a00cff482f48d3f185f13ec.png

70a3b0eafe46c9b53c60d359ed65ca34.jpg

and the base is still same as above
f04ec94a056a97cc383831a96039d24e.png

So recommendations from RSS ,
Paint the diffuse base color , graphics livery ,
where you wish to have chrome effect style , or to achieve this look ,
mask the ALPHA CHANNEL , and leave there only AO ,

in the RSS4_Chassis_D_MAP , mask the map and leave the chrome ish style you wish to achieve all white AO again ,

So all the brighter metals ,
AO Map inside the RSS4_Chassis_D Alpha Channel
AO Map inside the RSS4_Chassis_D_MAP

where you wish just standard paint play around with the settings of the MAP and AO in both and masks to achieve what you require , wont be perfect but will be way more convincing as of current :)

Oh, my gosh! I'll take all these hints! Thanks.
I've already make some changes to RSS4_Chassis_D_Map, but you're going a lot deeper. I'll take care of it. :)
Hi man ,
still playing around with it , got some decent results ,
using ,

Custom AO map in the RSS4_Chassis_D / alpha channel

Custom AO / Tone map in the RSS4_Chassis_D_MAP /

And using a custom metal_detail in which I will share :)

I never checked against the real livery paint colors just made them up obviously your livery will vary mine just colors for tests nothing else :)
6c53dc9f920f968cb82cb965669fdbaf.gif

Oh, my gosh! I'll take all these hints! Thanks.
I've already make some changes to RSS4_Chassis_D_Map, but you're going a lot deeper. I'll take care of it. :)
I made a test skin ,

these all work together to achieve the results , play around as you need , but all the maps are there including a custom map psd in which you will need to mask paint and metals you want on your skin ,
but its all there and hope it helps you with the projects tasks in hand good luck :)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wxfsbymna5z9l3/00_test.zip?dl=0

(And)
There's any app, or applet, or something too see a preview of the helmet skin while I draw it, without having to load AC?
CM , Place a PSD inside your skins folder for example,

HELMET_2012.DDS , HELMET_2012.PSD , open content manager load your car and tick the driver box , and simply keep saving your PSD live , will update inside CM :)

I would say that the maps I posted give the best effects although if I had more time could probably get them closer , just tweek away at the settings but the base is there ,
basically everything metal ish , style you want to achieve most likely my opinion white in the alpha channel AO and AO white in the MAP ,
With the use of the metal_detail.dds I posted ,

then simply adjust the base paints to be way less shiny will give great results to the final finish ,

I suggest if you making 4096x4096 RRS4_Chassis_D , do not use anything less than a 2048x2048 RSS4_Chassis_D_MAP , anything less than 2k you will see the masking lines in the difference to the metal and the paint wont look wow :)
6c53dc9f920f968cb82cb965669fdbaf.gif

C2A8A7_2163799a.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back