F2000 @ Falkenberg - Tuesday March 23th 2010

333fe704e3542836379d0eba1d8b0a6f.jpg

Hi there guys,

here we go with the 2nd test night, this round with FF2000 car

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Simulation: netKar PRO 1.1 beta 3 click http://www.netkar-pro.com/shop.htm to purchase a full license
Class: FF2000
Track: Falkenberg click here to download
Weather: Dry​
Practice: start 20:00 GMT (21:00 CET) for 30 mins
Qualification: start 20:30 GMT (21:30 CET) for 25 mins
Race: Start at 21:00 GMT (22:00 CET), 2x20min race, second grid from inverted race result, in case of any issues a second qualy session will be foreseen
Points allocation: such its nature a club race doesn't have it :)

Driving rules & penalties
in addition to RD main rules will be add the next drive trough penalty:
if, for any reason, a driver hit, with a punt or barge, another car forcing it to loose position(s) or throwing it away of the track he has to serve immediately a drive through (DT) without pit stop.
Any trespassers (no DT) will be applied a warning for taht race, after 2 warnings the driver will be exluded to next race.

Notes: Click http://forum.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/ to read the password and golden rules

Slots available: #15

Thank to Ramon Van Rijin for setting up our favourite server :cool: great work, as usual

please sign-up for this event with a reply
have fun with net kar :wink:
ciao

----------------------------------
Entry list summary:

1. Alessandro Gamberini
  2. Chris Glaves
  3. Laurent Resend
  4. Grzesiek Zabielski
  5. Patrick Speleman
  6. Bram Hengeveld
  7. Marc Good
  8. Katsushika Matsumoto
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver

1. Reserve
  2. Reserve
  3. Reserve

Falkenberg Race Report

Note to self: Hengeveld you need to practice more before an event :) Without an experience this car very hard to drive. In practice i struggled to find a setup (thanks for the mark and patrick for uploading theirs!). In qualy i had a fourth time which suprised me givng the fact i have no experience whatsoever with this car.

But in the race it was a dissaster. I started with kissing with Patrick and caused him to spin (hows that for a thank you for using your setup :() Made a drivethru/pitstop thingy and after that everytime i came close to another car it looked like it was lagging or something. Alessandro i overtook and a splitsecond later he was back infront of me, really strange :)

Decided to not risk more races being ruined, and ill gladly try again next time! Thanks all :thumbup:

What a desaster for me too..
Was happy with 3rd place qualy but it appears that I lagged quite a bit during the race. Whenever I came as close as about 2 seconds I suddenly crashed without seeing any other car around.
So I pitted about 3 times in 1 lap and decided to just crawl around for the rest of the race.

Race 2 I started from pits to avoid trouble but due to other cars spinning I got close several times and even caused a crash. Sorry for all that!

(Is that a known problem in nkPro? I already raced sometimes online and never anyone mentioned lag and I had close battles..)

Congratulations to the fast and consistent guys though, especially Katsumoto. [edit: sorry! made a mix up of your names, Katsushika] I feel sorry for leaving everyone racing on his own. Hope next time will be better..

Falkenberg race report
ale ale
bad race for me it was not my day, cons super qualyf with Katsu, interposed a battle shot clock, 37.12 katsu 37.08 37.02 katsu 36,980, 36,884. 36,896 extra katsu, I took the pole narrowly,
Round 1 has good start I remain head and attack katsu made a mistake and ends up back of the pack, but knowing his ability to pilot I decided to dig up the gap, I attack and am back to boutte of 3 or four rounds with 6 seconds to advance to the next, then this approach has the great curve I see a competitor who is in the grass, thinking that as required by the rules of the race it will wait until I go back to the track, NO he leaves under my nose, boom!
lost a race, and a tour to do with a car completely twisted to reach the pits, I looked off again if someone happens but there is one who has swerved to avoid the gener reboum the wall and escape key, and lap down, has started up again with a race incident with a guy who voluntarily leaves me, then anger lost I lost the tape, end of race but I finished I do not know how 3rd
I think some drivers should learn by heart the rules of racing
The second round is cool good start avoids some of the clashes is me hitting Alessandro brake thinking it was going to brake later, I offer my apology for this inadvertent shock well, I'm really sorry, especially two or three laps after it again but it has lagged because of his car jumped in front of me,
Thank you to Chris for his courtesy to let me pass in the second round this that makes forgive the incident of the first
Finally, I am still good fun with the only regret not having had the opportunity to fight with Katsu, will be next time
A thank you Alessandro for his Home and his organization and Ramon for the Server

My God, my computer is just a sh*t. With 8 players image can't be displayed smoothly - no relaxing race weekends for me - until a big upgrade (hmmm...) ;/

The first race didn't start well, a lot of problems, drivers at a grass, pitstops etc. After some laps, i jumped into 3rd (i think) but after some seconds... computer restart Cool :thumbdown:

Grats for a winners

QUAL LIST

Attachments

• qual2.JPG
    qual2.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 241
(Is that a known problem in nkPro? I already raced sometimes online and never anyone mentioned lag and I had close battles..)

Well yesterday was my first official race in Beta 3/3, I race a lot in nKP but still in Beta 2/3 because of this I've noticed very big differences yesterday, aside from the handling there was indeed quite some lag, even if the pings we're all quite ok.

I was on TeamSpeak with Chris Glaves and he also mentioned that he had some invisible collisions (you hear a crash sound, but there's nobody around), random screen freezing and what not. I had the same race config on Monday evening with a bigger grid and none of these problems occurred. So I think it's a beta 3/3 problem. We (FinnglishRacing) also experienced the same sort of behavior when beta 3/3 was just released, so that's why we advised Race2Play to stick with beta 2/3 for now, it seems not much has changed in the last couple of months. Hope there will be a patch soon :confused:

Oh another thing that know to be a problem with nKP, if one of the guys is lagging due to i.e. msn/bittorrent it will affect whole grid. It's sort of the weakest link principal.

Katsushika, you're raising some good points there. First of all I never raced online with 3/3, only 1/3 and 2/3 where I did not experience such problems.

I for one had no other programs open, even closed Firefox before joining. No torrent program running and still had these major lag problems. The invisible crashes being the biggest issue. So the weakest link principle seems to apply indeed.

Are you suggesting to run the next events (possible league?) with beta 2/3? Or will we try another round with specifically requesting everyone to close all other programs/processes?

When I setup my server yesterday, I've checked the server configuration file too.
There is a bandwidth option which tells the server, to reduce its out/input when reaching the specified value. The default value was 300kB/s with is only ~80kB/s higher then the minimum to run 15 players. :eek:
I've tested then with 5000kB/s which is actually my minimal guarantied bandwidth and I wasn't encounter the sync pop up, when joining the server, anymore. :)
So this setting had an positive effect, maybe it reduces the lag too, if someone joining a server and you are on the track, which I've experienced in the last FTarget event or even some issues with lagging cars and fake collision sounds.

you're right Katsu, the lag problem exists since version 3 / 3, many of us have reported a Kunos, practice regularly for this version 3/3surtout with racing radiators spring, everyone is experiencing this same problem Sleep with antivirus, Microsoft update disables, msn disabled, etc. etc. etc. translate disables the problem remains the same, but it is still recommended to do so because it is even worse.
Version 2 / 3 does not have this problem, it is a matter of Scripture own program netkar 3 / 3,
hope he will correct it in the final ??????????????

we, I mean users, are waiting for a patch fixing this and many other problems

anyway just because the FF1600 were better in previous issue with probably less connection problem we can try a step back with v1.0.3

Bram, what do you think about ?
can we install v1.0.3 in our server, I think it can leave with 1.1 without issue :biggrin:
when a final issue of nK will be released we will use it ....

ciao

If you go to using Beta 2/3 for the time being until a final 1.1 is released then I'll come and race with you guys for sure. Beta 3/3 just has to many problems at the moment. As Katsu and Laurent says, we have none of those issues with beta 2/3 at Race2Play.

There really isn't any need to go back as far as v1.03... It's nowhere near as good as Beta 2/3.

No 1.03 please that's to far back :wink: if you're willing to change I would also go with beta 2/3.
That seems to be the most stable version up until this point + it's got the extra's (Fiat 500 car & Aosta track :cool:)

What I found weird is that beta 2/3 received 2 patches which helped to work out a lot of problems, I'm still quite surprised that beta 3/3 hasn't had any such treatment. After Laurent's comment and reading some of the other forums it's pretty clear that it's not our "fault" that it didn't work properly. So there's no point in trying to race again with this version (in my opinion off course :wink:).

I proposed v1.0.3 because the FF1600 of that release was, opinion of all, great
anyway if you are sure that network connection issues are less in v2/3 + patch there's no reason to don't use it (forget FF1600 :D )
as racing staff member and nK club admin I'll escalate this suggestion to global admins ;)

keep in touch for news
thanks for your help guys
bye

hi everybody,
He is running on that version 2 / 3 is much more pleasant: Lag finish with a good connection, how the car more realistic especially in tires, completing the impression of driving on snow with tires cold weather faster reaction of the car more lively etc. etc. etc.;
and then if everyone used the 2 / 3 may be that the rating Kunos the reaction was correct all the faults of the 3 / 3 would be faster

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back