F1SR 1992 driving behavior

I have raced the F1SR 1992 mod a couple of times but I am still a bit baffled by this mod.
For starters, the hard tires seem to me unnecessarily hard to drive with. And I usually don't like soft tires. So with this mod I have to use the soft tires (the Quali tires won't last more than 5 or 6 laps).

I am curious to learn your impressions about the way this mod drives. I don't want to influence your opinions so I won't specify what I find strange about it in my first post.

After I read your impressions I'll write mine.
Does it feel to you like it is a good representation of the way a early 90's F1 car should handle the road in all instances or are there situations where the car behaves strangely?

Of course, I don;t expect anyone to be a former F1 driver. I am speaking about sim experience and RL open wheel trainers experience.

I have no real life racing experience, but F1-S-R 1992 just doesn't feel right to me. The engines seem to have a flywheel on them that would be better suited to a tractor than an F1 car, and they don't really feel like F1 cars at all - more like insanely-grippy touring cars that have centre-pivot steering. I noticed that with SRM's 1990 mod too, and that team helped with the creation of F1-S-R 1992's physics...

I feel that 1991 and 1993 were F1-S-R's best - those cars actually feel the way that I estimate early-90s open-wheelers feel like.

I'm not knocking these guys in any sense... they've done a fine job in many other areas, but the driving feel of the 1992 cars is just odd to me.

I am going to partly agree with you about the 1991 mod. This one is fantastic too. But not about 1993 neither 1994. The latter being the worst. As for the physics, well, it depends. I'm using the keyboard(oops!)so the first ones are easier to play.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back