F1 organisation is interested a Dutch race on the calender.

The last thing F1 needs is more bad street circuits. I'm not convinced that Liberty Media have any idea what they're doing. The only difference between them and Bernie right now is that instead of chasing rich people's money from countries like Bahrain, they're chasing casual fans from countries like the Netherlands - the usual American approach when it comes to sports. At least Bernie had the sense to do permanent circuits. These would have a high chance of being terrible for racing.

Last edited:
I'd rather have they'd adapt either the Assen TT or Zandvoort to F1 spec (they're both to "near F1 spec" already, with Zandvoort being a test track and the TT being a MotoGP track), but a street race in Rotterdam? Hmm.

I can see Rotterdam working as a street race, in particular if they utilize some docks at the harbour :p

Why not Zandvoort, the track has a very nice flow!
Because Zandvoort is just not big enough. There simply is no space for the full formula 1 circus, with over 40 trucks and their huge hospitality units.Than there is support classes that also need to be standing somewhere in the paddock with their trucks. than you need to fit more than 100.000 spectators and their cars. The organisation of Zandvoort need to bring a ton of cash, but will not nearly get enough money in return for it.
So after the race Zandvoort would be close to bankruptcy.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back