rF2 F1 MMG @ Magny-Cours August 24th 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was too late for me

My race was over too soon. About round 5 my car settled down on curbs, I tried to escape but no chance - and then motor overheated.

Very sorry for the mess @ start, I got a superb one but unfortunatly then I ran on the car before me, he spun, I only lost front splitter.

Already during quali I realised I lost concentration and I think its too late for racing after alarm clock gets me out of the bed already @ 01:45 GMT for a 12 hour morning shift. So I wont do this again.

A big sorry once again!

Dont worry Jens it can happen to all of us !
I had a 6th time in qually with again an alien called Robert on pole :thumb:
Start was super and i was 4th in the first corner and the first 4 could move away in the first lap.
Second lap i was flying in the chicane where i found Martin who had a crash or something ?
I couldn't avoid him and crashed in his car and lost my frontwing and my steering was messed up. So a 49 second pistop later i was 13th and had to pull everything to get back .great race and finally finished 5th place it was still huge fun again.
Fair race guys :thumb: thx and cu next time :)

I didnt have a crash Pat but had slowed down to let Robert and I think Alex through, I did run a bit wide onto the rumble strip and was a bit slow, I had a look at the replay and from your view it does look like I am coming back onto the track but I never left the track, you were flying at that point and on my replay it looks like lag just as you come round the
corner so maybe that played a part.

Also it was me who Jens hit at the start and I had to pit for a new front wing and was a lap down when I was letting Robert and Alex through.

• Alex Guehennec

Hi guys,

VERY VERY VERY cool event
Very very pleasure with this game
High speed , fair-play, pression, all for make a good race

Did a mistake before qualifying, took a wrong old setup, but finally worked quite good
The problem was that I had only 5 lap fuel lol

Start 3 , pit stop lap 5, was 7 or 8 after that, and tried to do no mistake and finish 2 with tires destroyed. Good pression with timelaps with Roy at finish, impossible to catch Robert, who was too fast and too far . Grats for his clean and fast race

Very fair play race and I hope doing the next events with you guys
I didn't believe this game was so cool

,)

Start was not super for me, i hit Neil Tennant (who started later than me, i think), i'm very sorry, this contact made me lose my frontwing, I'm thus spent by the pit, but this one was already taken. I lost a lot of time :(.

The continuation of the race was rather quiet, I committed some faults...i finished 8th...4 laps after the winners !

Grats Robert and the podium

Cu next time

What a fantasic event again.
I really love to drive these F1 cars they go where ever u put them at such hi speeds , its just awsome.
In quallify i managed pole with a 1:12.3 i belive with 10 laps of fuel in so i was very happy with that.
RACE
Didnt really get the start i was looking for but managed to get away clean.
Its always scary at the start of the race for me lol.
Anyways i was down to 3rd after the first few corners and i had toni comming up behind me and just tapped my rear but thankfully my damage was a bare minimum so i could carry on.
saw pat trying to pull a fast 1 on me so made a small block and off i went to catch 1st and 2nd .
I managed to get up into first as i think those guys made a mistake or they pitted .
Managed to keep 1st all the way to my pit on lap 10 .
17 sec pit because of small damage and i came out in 2nd, i was happy with that.
Anyways managed to get into first and carryed on till end of the race :thumb:
Thank you kindly to the back markers for letting me through.
cya all at spa:amen:

I had a good start, way better than the car in front of me so I had to avoid and lift of the throttle. When I pushed the throttle again I spun the car, very dumb mistake. Car behind me ran into me damaging my front suspension I think so I had to come in for repairs.
Tried to get a nice rythm but it is just so damn hard on this circuit. Made lots of mistakes. Also it was a bit confusing as I was right in the middle of people lapping me and fighting me for position. Even the game got confused I think as it showed me on p19 while there where only 17 people in race LOL! And I was on p9 at that time I think...
Still I managed to finish the race which was more than I expected. In P.7.

Thanks for racing! This one was indeed way more exciting than the one I saw on television! :pound:

• Andrew Evans

my first f1 event and it was total joy!

been practicing all week after realising these cars are ANIMALS!... almost withdrew from the event cause i didn't think i'd be up to speed but turned the corner late in the week and stayed in...

quallied 11th and set my pb in the warm up, so vibe for the race was goooood...

unfortunately, the start wasn't... martin got a slow get away, jens tagged him and lost his wing... i tried to slot between the coming together and got a bit heavy on the power after having to back off... hello spin!... right into the path of marc - totally sorry dude... :(

that mullered my car and had to pit... 104 seconds - watched my engine climb to over 300F and figured it was about to boil... but somehow it kept going...

after that i totally over-drove trying to claw some time back... span in the pit straight :becky: and then lost my nose trying to turn it around... anyone else find that with these cars, sometimes you nail the throttle and it's all there and other times it feels like there's a major delay in the power kicking in? anyways, that was a delay one and i hit the wall because of it :(

the rest of the time i pretty much visited the pits every other lap... lost my nose again there cause of the throttle delay, got a s-g for speeding, disaster, disaster, disaster...

eventually, with a pretty beaten up red bull, i took too much curb at the chicane after the hairpin and it was hello barrier, goodbye car...

stuck around to watch the outcome of the race - shame more people don't do this once they're out....

9 laps of lovely - see y'all in spa! :thumb:

Qualy:
Managed to drive on 7. position with fuel for 17laps. I tryed to be carefull with the tyres and then after 5-6 laps i attacked for a good time. i thin it was around 1.14.400. After atticking for 3 laps I endet in the wall, lol. This track with these cars is very very difficult.

Race:
I had a not so good start. Started with launch control, but I was going down a bit from throttle(Frightened to hit the car in fron of me,withoud reason, all infront was starting fine, :pound:) and then again full on throttle, so i had a bit weelspin, lol. But I managed to controll the car. I thougt to drive a save race and not to push to hard. And then the first things happened infront of me. Patrick went of track and also Roy Stevens. So I could pass easily. Then i was driving my pace, always thinking: Don´t push to hard , you will crash into the wall, :D. I was on 3. position , but let Toni pass, who was a lot faster then me:thumb: So i was 4. Then I saw the leader Daniel standing in the gravel with damaged car. So I was again 3. Then I earned the 2.place cause of pit stop from the car infront of me. But already a half lap over, Alex was behind me. I decidet then not to fight hard(knowing my pit stop is next lap), and when I got a bit wide Alex passes me. My pit stop then was great :thumb:. After pits i was on 4. place. Then I think i was holding up a bit Patrick in the Ferrari:rolleyes:. But he was 1 lap behind and so it was a bit difficult. I realised he is faster, and let him pass.
But then the last laps I saw him standing in the gravel, lol .
Finaly I finished in 4. position, with no big mistakes and a great race. I´m happy with that, already was 4. in Hungaroring. Next time I´m on podium :pound:.
Great event, thx for it. looking forward to spa :D

Thanks for a fun evening of racing.
Had a really good qually session. Managed to reach 2:nd pos. in my last try.

Race: Had a great start (1:st time using launchcontrol) and could pull away quite fast. Was having a nice race when I got some horrible lag and fps-drops in round lap 6 or seven I think. Dropped down to 2 place until the leader pitted on lap 10. Then my big crash happend. On lap 12 I suddenly lost the rear of the car in the second fast chikane. Spun off an hit the Armco hard Lost a rearwheel and stalled the engine, so that was it for me.
I had a great time though and I´m looking forward to the next race. :)

Thank you for setting up this event.

More and more we get used to these beasts and so they're giving us more and more fun.

I'm not really competative regarding the times but what counts for race events is to keep the car running - so that was my goal and after the collision from start grid where I first slightly touched Stirb (sorry for that but I think your car took no harm) and then got hit by Andrew (no problem - **** happens) I kept it running quite well having just one further loss of front wing.

So for me it was (a bit boring) race without direct fighting for places and I ended 9th being happy to see the checkered flag.

• Roy Stevens

Thank's all for clean racing..Did not get a lot of practice in for this event .Iracing took over this week..Still got 5th in qual's so was happy with that.Got an ok start ..got up into 4th i think then spun did not hit nothing so carried on in 9th ..Took my pit at lap 6 or 7 ..Then come out and just thought keep it on track and got 3rd so is well happy...Can i just say i race with rob a lot allways on ts most days ..so pat can u not call him an alien his heads big enough ...rofl..ill have u at spa rob ....:p...:thumb:

Thank's all for clean racing..Did not get a lot of practice in for this event .Iracing took over this week..Still got 5th in qual's so was happy with that.Got an ok start ..got up into 4th i think then spun did not hit nothing so carried on in 9th ..Took my pit at lap 6 or 7 ..Then come out and just thought keep it on track and got 3rd so is well happy...Can i just say i race with rob a lot allways on ts most days ..so pat can u not call him an alien his heads big enough ...rofl..ill have u at spa rob ....:p...:thumb:

hahahahaha

Enjoyed the race very much.:) Started from my usual spot near the back of the field as I cannot do a decent qualify time.:mmph: Then I used Pats setup for the race, (thanks Pat :thumb:) Wow, what a difference, made the car feel a lot more stable and stick to the corners better.
I was a bit slow getting off the start line as I was fumbling for the launch control button. Gave up on that idea and used the clutch instead .(Must practice launch control) Made up a few places on first lap due to other cars having accidents but my aim was to stay out of trouble, give the faster guys plenty of room and to finish the race which I managed to do finally ending up in 6th place.

Hope to see you all at spa:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back