F1: James Allison and Ferrari Part Ways

Chris

Premium
james_allison.jpg
James Allison and the Ferrari F1 team have mutually agreed to part ways after a three year tenure with the Prancing Horse.

In a statement from the team principal, Maurizio Arrivabene said, "The Team would like to thank James for his commitment and sacrifice during the time spent together, and wishes him success and serenity for his future endeavors."

Allison is widely regarded as one of the best technical directors in the business and played a significant role in helping restore Ferrari back to competitive racing after a dismal 2014 title campaign. However, Allison has spent a significant time away from Formula One this year after the tragic and sudden passing of his wife earlier this year, which has understandably consumed the vast majority of his time and is far more important than the confines of sport.

Allison also made a statement thanking Ferrari for his time at the team and wishing them future success.

"During the years I spent at Ferrari, at two different stages and covering different roles, I could get to know and appreciate the value of the team and of the people, women and men, which are part of it. I want to thank them all for the great professional and human experience we shared. I wish everybody a happy future with lots of success."

We here at RaceDepartment would like to wish James Allison and the rest of his family all the best in what must be an extremely difficult time, and that someday we see his talents applied to a Formula One car again in future.

We here at RaceDepartment would like to wish James Allison and the rest of his family all the best in what must be an extremely difficult time

Can't imagine the grief he must of gone through, and with the relentless schedule of F1, probably no time to properly grieve either :unsure:

Wishing him and his family all the best, maybe we'll see him again in a less hectic form of motorsport (calendar wise). Help create something like a LMP car? :)

Ferrari wanted to fight for the title, it is instead fighting for 2nd with Redbull.
Some race strategy errors have been made. That's why this decision was taken. Keeping Kimy for 2017 and not fighting till the end to have Max Verstappen is probably another error.

He must be going trough the hell this year. I mean at private not in this circus called F1.
I wonder who will replace him ? Did anyone thinking same as I right now ?
New-Ross-300x250.jpg

(just some anonymous dude who has a habit of catching biggest fishes that exist)

I just hope and pray that this time anyone doesn't have anything bad against James.
Like they did with that F1 oldtimer.
It is in a way similar. Only this one is worse.
(can't imagine reactions after that Max Mosley ...event)

Ferrari wanted to fight for the title, it is instead fighting for 2nd with Redbull.
Some race strategy errors have been made. That's why this decision was taken
I doubt that. More than likely Allison would have requested to step down to focus more time on recuperating his personal life and family. He is undoubtedly the first guy you'd want working for you if Adrian Newey and Paddy Lowe weren't available, and is widely regarded as a massive reason for Ferrari's upswing this past season. So I just can't see Ferrari getting rid of him for performance related reasons.

Well. How sad. Completely understandable but I don't think we'll see a competitive ferrari till 2019/20 now :(

Even if the 17 car is good it'll get out-developed by other teams due to its master not being present and it'll be another two years till they get settled with personnel again by which point they'll be too far behind to make a concerted bid for the WCC and WDC. So I guess another 4 years of axeing and false promises till whatever the 2020 regulations bring.

Love the comments assuming he was fired. 0/10 for empathy chaps.

I imagine if something like that happened to anyone it would be a cause to re-examine our priorities and F1 is really all or nothing so not a surprise he is stepping down. Hopefully when he has had some time to deal with this we will see him back in the sport.

Well, I understand that he now wants to be more with his familiy but on the other hand... he loses a very, very important income that could help him to support his family. And that's maybe even more important now. I don't know... maybe he'll find another job, which would allow him much more free time. Being jobless wouldn't help anyone. Wish him all the best, I know how it is to lose some from your closest family.

Martin Brundle said today that there will now be a bidding war amongst the British teams to secure his services so money issues are probably not going to be a big worry for him.

Some race strategy errors have been made. That's why this decision was taken. Keeping Kimy for 2017 and not fighting till the end to have Max Verstappen is probably another error.
There was no way Ferrari or any other team was going to have Verstappen. Red Bull bringing him in right in the middle of the season in place of Kyvat made that crystal clear.
Moreover, who else would be a good replacement for Kimi? Massa? Bottas? Sainz?
While raikonnen doesn't challenge Vettel often like Nico does to lewis, the pace is definitely there.

There was no way Ferrari or any other team was going to have Verstappen. Red Bull bringing him in right in the middle of the season in place of Kyvat made that crystal clear.
Moreover, who else would be a good replacement for Kimi? Massa? Bottas? Sainz?
While raikonnen doesn't challenge Vettel often like Nico does to lewis, the pace is definitely there.

Ricciardo.

Having lost loved ones, the experiences changed me. The 'at all costs' company passion went out the window.

And, as is always the case with companies, it boils down to business before personal.....no matter what they say/preach. Anyone can be replaced.

Not happening. Wasn't on the table, tbh.

Really. :rolleyes: And who at Ferrari told you that?

Normally when there are driver rumours around Ferrari, they turn out to be true.

Besides, this will be for 2018 - the fact that it(maybe) hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it won't.

• Deleted member 130869

Ferrari imploding again :thumbsup:. Letting James Allison go and now bringing in yet another inexperienced person. Alonso's words remain ever so true.

Sergio Marchionne is the one who needs to be replaced. He himself falls under the lack of experience.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back