F1 Italian Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Italian Grand Prix Driver of the Day.jpg

Vote now for the 2018 Italian Grand Prix 'Driver of the Day'.

Monza produced one of the finest Grand Prix of the 2018, featuring passing, tension, tactics and crashes - Italy once again had it all this weekend.

With such superb driving throughout the field, who do you think most deserves the accolade of RaceDepartment 'Driver of the Day'?

Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Is Brendon Hartley the unluckiest F1 driver on the grid? He keeps getting crashed out through no fault of his own. Maybe the race gods are trying to tell him to stick to sports car racing.

A better F1 race than most, but in the end Mercedes.

For me, it is the driver that was both hero and goat. Vettel played the part of the goat where he was at fault IMO with Lewis. But his charge up through the field for fourth place finish is clearly worthy of recognition.

Hamilton has made an amazing race. But this time, I have to give my vote to Räikkönen. He has shown again what he is capable of this weekend. Pole, and good race pace. Pity that the bad strategy of Ferrari has made him lose this race, in which he had many victory options. The worst, for me, has been Vettel. He has played dirty again, and that is how he is going to lose another WDC again.

The Iceman this time... great performance (whole weekend), even after some strong rumors in the paddock today that he will be losing his Ferrari seat to Leclerc next year.:(

I don't know about driver of the day, it was all a Team effort from the mercs to overcome a ferrari front row. Played the strategy game beautifully. I think Bottas should've dispatched Max, but I guess max made his car wider than Danny Ric did.

Stroll.

He managed to get the Williams into 10th, bringing their grand total with 7 races left to a massive 5 points...

[golf clap]

Last edited:
Stroll actually didn't do a bad job this weekend. I really wanted Kimi to win - very fond of him. Lewis did a pretty solid job himself though.

Meanwhile, you have to love Max's wacky view of the world: "wtf, ****, I gave him **** space". :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::rolleyes:

Voted Raikkonen for his pole and because he did everything he can to stay at first place.
But there were also Williams that drove better than expected, sorry that Sirotkin didn't got point; also Verstappen, penalty apart, drove well and kept Bottas behind him with a car that is not as good as the Mercedes

I voted for Kimi with my heart but Bottas was the driver of the day if I'm honest. He kept Kimi at bay on older tires using his ERS where the Ferrari was strong and helping to ruin Kimi's tires while Hamilton was able to run up on Kimi. By the time he pitted Kimi was done and easy pickings for Lewis. I don't think Lewis would have passed Kimi any other way as the Ferrari could keep enough of a gap to Hamilton. Vettel put all the cards in Mercedes' hands with his spin.

Also :thumbsup: to Stroll for a solid and unexpected weekend. The kid loves Monza and the Williams could shuck the downforce and remain predictable.

I don't think Lewis would have passed Kimi any other way as the Ferrari could keep enough of a gap to Hamilton.
I don't know about that, the final phase looked like it was all going Hamiltons way, Bottas certainly helped but it kind of looked like Hamilton was always going to catch him.

Mercs were very strong during the race, that advantage Ferrari were supposed to have seemed to disappear as the race went on. Both Mercs were very fast towards the end of the race.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.