1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured F1 End of Season Report: Rate the Team - Force India Mercedes

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 16, 2018.

1. 10

10.4%
  2. 9

26.8%
  3. 8

42.7%
  4. 7

16.5%
  5. 6

3.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0.6%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +13,106
    Rate the Team - Force India 3.jpg
    Eventual fourth place finishers Force India are next up in the 'Rate the Team' season closing Formula One feature series.

Continuing to punch well above their weight in Grand Prix racing, Force India have done another remarkable job with what are limited funds compared to some of their immediate rivals. Fielding two very strong young drivers and making the most of the potent Mercedes power unit enjoyed by the Silverstone based team, for a team like Force India to once again finish behind the big three teams in the constructors championship is an impressive feat indeed.

Despite the occasional accident involving drivers Perez and Ocon throughout the season, 2017 has once again shown that money isn't necessarily everything that is required to produce a potent podium challenging car. With frugal resources, two very fast drivers and some excellent decisions on the pit wall, Force India can once again be proud of the job the British team have delivered this season.

But just how well did Force India perform in 2017? Vote now and let us know your opinion!

Vote now to tell us how you rate 2017 Formula One season for Force India Mercedes, and leave a comment below!

For more from the world of Formula One, check out the Formula One sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get involved with our awesome community..

Rate the Team - Force India 2.jpg Rate the Team - Force India 4.jpg Rate the Team - Force India.jpg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  2. boomn

boomn

Ratings:
    +8
    9 in my books. Would be a 10 except for their teammate collision issues and handling of that. Perez was spooked by Ocon and it looked suspiciously like the team crackdown on racing each other was to keep Perez and his sponsors placated since the contract extension hadn't been signed yet

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Terry Rock

Terry Rock

Ratings:
    +417
    A solid 7.5 in my book.
    To do what they've consistently done for the past few years...given that limited budget, is impressive.
    They're like the 'Little engine that could.'
    The other teams talking about purse disparity need to take notice.
    Sure! It's nice to have a big budget, but there is no substitute for pure will power.

• Like Like x 4
  4. snyperal

snyperal
    Premium

Ratings:
    +95
    Didn't they always finish last while mcclaren were winning? A force, no pun, to be reckoned with. I love the pink car too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sky

Sky
    Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    Much Force, Less India.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +136
    A very good 9 in my book. Gets absolutely everything out of the chassis, their drivers and their decision making for a fraction of the budget the big 3 enjoys. Consistently.
    The only reason not giving them a 10 can be blamed on their drivers for ducking things up midseason, but the team did the right thing and benched both of them until they learned how to behave near eachother on track. All in all very good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Thang Nguyen

Thang Nguyen

Ratings:
    +43
    9, due to the "war" between their drivers...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mysterion157

mysterion157
    Premium

Ratings:
    +21
    The livery alone gets a 10

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Haha Haha x 2
  9. Brice.S.

Brice.S.
    Premium

Ratings:
    +119
    Gave them a 8/10 Could have been better without the ***** between Perez and Ocon in Baku (how to loose a victory chance...) and Spa...
    @++

10. Brice.S.

Brice.S.
    Premium

Ratings:
    +119
    ....well : will be "Force One" in future, so maybe they agree with you ;)
    @++

11. Wolf_XII

Wolf_XII
    Premium

Ratings:
    +10
    9 could be a 10 if they get their drivers under control.

As for the Livery, I liked the older one more.......sorry I have a 6 year old niece, I just can't stand Pink anymore! ;)

But yeah the same sponsor has the same livery in the DTM.

12. Esploratore

Esploratore

Ratings:
    +5
    Gave them 8, they had a good season, with limited budget they did better than williams with the same engine and can afford better drivers than them.

13. MoerasGrizzly

MoerasGrizzly
    Premium

Ratings:
    +471
    They consistently have good liveries imo.