F1 End of Season Report: Rate the Team - Force India Mercedes

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Rate the Team - Force India 3.jpg

Eventual fourth place finishers Force India are next up in the 'Rate the Team' season closing Formula One feature series.

Continuing to punch well above their weight in Grand Prix racing, Force India have done another remarkable job with what are limited funds compared to some of their immediate rivals. Fielding two very strong young drivers and making the most of the potent Mercedes power unit enjoyed by the Silverstone based team, for a team like Force India to once again finish behind the big three teams in the constructors championship is an impressive feat indeed.

Despite the occasional accident involving drivers Perez and Ocon throughout the season, 2017 has once again shown that money isn't necessarily everything that is required to produce a potent podium challenging car. With frugal resources, two very fast drivers and some excellent decisions on the pit wall, Force India can once again be proud of the job the British team have delivered this season.

But just how well did Force India perform in 2017? Vote now and let us know your opinion!

Vote now to tell us how you rate 2017 Formula One season for Force India Mercedes, and leave a comment below!

For more from the world of Formula One, check out the Formula One sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get involved with our awesome community..

Rate the Team - Force India 2.jpg
Rate the Team - Force India 4.jpg
Rate the Team - Force India.jpg

Last edited:
9 in my books. Would be a 10 except for their teammate collision issues and handling of that. Perez was spooked by Ocon and it looked suspiciously like the team crackdown on racing each other was to keep Perez and his sponsors placated since the contract extension hadn't been signed yet

Jan Larsen

Premium
A very good 9 in my book. Gets absolutely everything out of the chassis, their drivers and their decision making for a fraction of the budget the big 3 enjoys. Consistently.
The only reason not giving them a 10 can be blamed on their drivers for ducking things up midseason, but the team did the right thing and benched both of them until they learned how to behave near eachother on track. All in all very good.

D

Deleted member 205301

• Deleted member 205301

Gave them a 8/10 Could have been better without the ***** between Perez and Ocon in Baku (how to loose a victory chance...) and Spa...
@++

9 could be a 10 if they get their drivers under control.

As for the Livery, I liked the older one more.......sorry I have a 6 year old niece, I just can't stand Pink anymore! ;)

But yeah the same sponsor has the same livery in the DTM.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 45 10.1%
  • €3001-5000