F1 End of Season Report: Rate the Team - Ferrari

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Rate the Team - Ferrari 2.jpg

Second to last of the series, we invite you to rate the 2017 Formula One season of Scuderia Ferrari!

It was something of a turn around in fortunes for Ferrari last season, the Italian outfit managing to build one of the best cars seen in red for many a season as they took the fight to Mercedes for much of the year.

With Kimi Räikkönen again failing to impress, it was down to German superstar Sebastien Vettel to take the fight to the mighty Lewis Hamilton, with the German securing five race victories in what was one of the most convincing seasons for Ferrari of the last few years.

Eventually the efforts of the Prancing Horse would come to nothing, however a good year in 2017 provides plenty to build upon in the year ahead.

How do you rate the 2017 season for Ferrari?

Vote now to tell us how you rate 2017 Formula One season for Ferrari, and leave a comment below!

For more from the world of Formula One, check out the Formula One sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get involved with our awesome community..

Rate the Team - Ferrari 3.jpg
Rate the Team - Ferrari 1.jpg
Rate the Team - Ferrari 4.jpg

I would give Ferrari a 9 for the Season. A great turn around season where they challenged Mercedes(Well at least for the drivers championship) before imploding towards the later part of the season and Mercedes getting their car more balanced and in order. If Ferrari ever wants to win a Constructors championship anytime soon they have to sack Raikkenon.

I'd give them a 10, had they lost the championship in an even fight to the end instead of spectacularly losing momentum after Hungary and only winning ONCE in the last 9 races.
We need to give them credit though. That was one hell of a comeback after 2016.

Build a good and competitive car at the beginning of the season, gave Hamilton a run for his money for a while, but failed big time in the second part of the season, resulting in a disappointing end of the season. I still would have scored them an 8 for performance this year, but... the way they communicated when both Ferrari's sandwiched Verstappen in Singapore (blaming Max) and the 'help' they are regularly getting from Ferrari International Assistance... I decided for a... 1.:confused:

A 7.5 is what Ferrari gets for the absolutely rapid car development.
They came out of the box swinging at Australia.
Somehow during the latter races, they managed to shoot themselves in the foot with bad strategy calls.
Marchionne must have been frothing at the mouth behind closed doors.
It's a wonder the racing team have asses to sit on after the season.

Pfft, all this talk about Räikkönen being to old/failing to impress. I say Ferrari should double down and look into hiring back Jody Scheckter as Sebs next wingman.

I'll give them an 8 this year, they raised the bar and made Merc work for it for once. It wasn't the greatest year to be a Ferrari fan, but it was far far from the worst.

Gave them a 9, they had reliability problems later in the season, not to mention the puncture at silverstone, given the fact only ferraris had that and within 1 lap of each other and without contacts I can't do but think they took some risk that didn't pay off, and they were in general slower than mercedes.

However they had a good season, the only real title contender mercedes ever had since 2014, and since I gave red bull 8, ferrari deserves 9, red bull was much less reliable and off the pace in the first half of the year.

Obviously I don't agree with keeping raikkonen, he had a couple of good races, but sainz, perez, that level of drivers would do at least a bit better than him right now.

Good but not good enough. Gave Mercedes a headache early in the season.

The rotten luck from Singapore to Japan was the nail in the coffin of their season.

Swap raikkonen with someone like leclerc or perez only then they'll be champions.

7. The car was good in the early season but it went downhill from there and Vettel made a massive mistake in Singapore. I hope the 2018 car will win at least the Drivers' title.

If this was any other team, I would give them 9. But, this is Ferrari, so I will give them 8. My expectations for Ferrari are always a bit higher. This is, after all, the most famous team and they always remind us of that... Their insistence about getting preferential treatment and their recurring threat about quitting if they don't get it become annoying after a while. If you want to be treated as the greatest, you have to perform at that level. This year, they were second best, right behind Mercedes. I was disappointed that they stuck with Raikonnen as second fiddle to Vettel... That was a lazy choice. In 2018, they will have to win the title. Nothing else will do. It's been far too long since a Ferrari driver has won the championship.

Jan Larsen

Premium
8. Did very well in the beginning and the middle of the season, only to throw it all away in the latter part, mainly because of its drivers, but also because they were out-developed. In the latter part they went all Italian again, panicked, and ducked up, like so many times before. Also, how Raikkonen is still there is beyond me, like Massa he is way past his best and any of the guys at f.x. Redbull would be a better bet, also to give Vettel some decent competition.

6. They could finally challenge Mercedes this year but they wasted their chance for the title. Vettel's behavior (baku) shouldnt even happen when fighting for the 1st place of world champ, and there were too much technical issues (especially in mid-late season) wich are a shame for a top team. They had the potential to be 1st...Hope they will be more serious for the next season

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 18.7%
  • €151-500

Votes: 132 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 86 17.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 50 10.1%
  • €3001-5000