F1 End of Season Report: Rate the Grid - Esteban Ocon

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Rate the Grid - Esteban Ocon 3.jpg

2017 debutant and Force India star Esteban Ocon is our next 'Rate the Grid' feature driver. Tell us how you think the man in pink performed this year.

It has been a difficult yet competitive year for the young Force India drivers, often showing promise but compromising their finishing position thanks to unnecessary contact, leaving the Silverstone based team to issue team orders for much of the second half of the season and compromising what are undoubtedly two very hard charging racers.

Esteban Ocon has done very well to hold himself in a good light alongside his more experienced team mate, the question is how well do our RaceDepartment community think he has performed this year?

Vote now to tell us how you rate 2017 Formula One season of Esteban Ocon, and leave a comment below!

For more from the world of Formula One, check out the Formula One sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get involved with our awesome community..

Rate the Grid - Esteban Ocon 2.jpg
Rate the Grid - Esteban Ocon 4.jpg
Rate the Grid - Esteban Ocon.jpg

Last edited:
I'd give him a solid 7.5.
He adapted well and had it not been for the antics between him and Perez, FI would have had even more points.
Not saying he was responsible for most of it..Perez clearly was, but I have to deduct for the silliness.
He is one heck of a driver and will go far in F1.

Before the 2017 season when i had learned that Ocon was getting a Force India rde i was quite mad because i thought that he woud not be fast. After the 2017 i have come to support him and he is now my favourite driver on the grid. I give him a 9 because he suprised me with his performance and his conistency for a rookie.

8. He is really not far from Perez performance ( he even outperformed him sometimes) in his very first full season.
"Checo don’t love him to much". True, but I think it is good for the team, they will try to outperform each other, pushing the team to the top. Of course incidents like at spa must not happen again.

Not sure what is your definition of jealousy. Ocon started that silly war that eventually did not prevent both of them from performing. He is a super driver, almost the best of the rest but not quite.

I watch F1 very occasionally but of the 4 races I've seen live at the end of the season Ocon's performance was very memorable. Very competitive driver.

Giving 8 for enduring the whole season inside the Barbie car. Gotta have brass cojones to brave that ordeal and still be a man at the end of the year.

As others said, very impressive season, battling a solid and much more experienced teammate and still doing very well. if he keeps it up, he'll be in the running for a top team within a few years. 8.

Checo don’t love him to much. ;) Very competitive and tough youngster. Hard to believe that is his first season. I prefigure great future before him.:thumbsup:
Sorry but it was not his first season and he was pretty lame with manor.
I think that he is the perfect demonstration of the importance of the car (and a strong political support)
Except his title in GP3, his carreer is not really that great.
Check at the end here :
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esteban_Ocon

Sorry but it was not his first season and he was pretty lame with manor.
I think that he is the perfect demonstration of the importance of the car (and a strong political support)
Except his title in GP3, his carreer is not really that great.
Check at the end here :
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esteban_Ocon
I think it was his first full, regular season in F1. It is obvious that car in F1 is at first, then driver. This is not a fault of Esteban. Tell that to all fans of Michael, or Seb...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back