• So long as all your wheels are pointing in roughly the same direction, you should be fine.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Featured F1 Caption Competition 2017 - Hungarian Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Jimlaad43, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43
    Nice apex, I'll take it! Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,411
    MCL.jpg
    The summer break is upon us, so we have ample time to caption this hilarious photo.

After the entry period has closed after 5 days, there will be 2 days to vote for your favourite caption. You have 3 votes which you can give out in one of two ways: 2-1, or 1-1-1. You are not allowed to give 3 votes to one caption. Your votes will only count if you have submitted a caption yourself. When making your vote, post only the post number and the number of votes you want to give it. Remember not to vote for your own caption, or all your votes will be discounted.

Please do not submit captions after voting has opened. it is pretty clear in the thread title when this has occurred.

An example vote would be:
    or
    Points will be awarded in the F1 scoring system of 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1 to the top 10 captioners, and prizes will be awarded at the end of the season

2. the_sigman

the_sigman
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,918
    Honda brought wrong the wrong animal to the track, what they need is more horses for horsepower

3. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43

Ratings:
    +5,411
    McLaren bring their new updated Shark Fin to the Hungarian GP

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sky

Sky

Ratings:
    +139
    desperate mclaren press officer covers car in rubbish to entice braindead photographer into taking lame picture.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  5. protonv5

protonv5

Ratings:
    +87
    As witnessed in the McLaren garage this weekend, teams are testing various devices no matter how ridiculous they may look on an F1 car. First the Halo, now an inflatable shark toy thing.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,014
    What is the porpoise of this bucket and towel?

7. kedy89

kedy89
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,109
    McLaren drivers preparing for early retirements, taking their water park gear straight to the car.

8. Stephen O'Sullivan

Stephen O'Sullivan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +97
    It's still better than the Halo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. krzysiek_aleks

krzysiek_aleks

Ratings:
    +24
    McLaren finally found a driver, that won't complain about lack of performance.

10. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,502
    These threads are totally pointless ,
    I never get notified about anything new from RD , like winners , nothing ,
    and the thread is never in the side menu , it gets lost ,
    not replying no more , simply waste of time ,
    90% of these threads and competitions get lost and are not static until finished on the main pages and menus .

11. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43

Ratings:
    +5,411
    Unfortunately, nowhere near enough people have been voting when it comes to choosing a winner that it has become worthless doing it. During this summer break I plan to go through all the threads and choose a winner for each round, which will be announced. The second half of the season will go the same way, and a complete winner will be announced sometime in December.

• Like Like x 1
  12. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,502
    I replied to everyone ,
    and then I forget and then see another one , I go back and look and the threads get lost ,

If you create something for example that lasts 7 days , it should be there all the time and then the title updated ,

same with competitions and stuff , they are not static and then get lost ,
    its nothing to do with me like ,
    but saw this thread like oooh another caption and then remembered well , whats happening here , I see no winners and the thread is gone lol ,
    so then decided to simply not bother :(

13. BenCollins

BenCollins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +179
    Richard Mille finally revealed

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dovi design

Dovi design

Ratings:
    +738
    A look at the new update of the shark fin on the McLaren Honda

15. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43

Ratings:
    +5,411
    The threads get promoted, but then drop off as other threads appear. Unless you want this to keep being re-featured, which is something to discuss with @Paul Jeffrey, it's likely to be a case of get your caption in early and make it a good one :)

16. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,502
    I rest my case , opinions are mixed one staff member saying its worthless doing it , another saying talk to other staff members ,
    IDC who wins , just want to know who actually won or what the winner said this is all man nothing else ,

"ALL COMPETITIONS SHOULD BE STATIC ON THE MAIN PAGE UNTIL FINISHED"

17. nepal roade

nepal roade

Ratings:
    +4
    McLaren prepare to try out their new head protector generously designed and manufactured for them by Honda.

18. JustiNator

JustiNator

Ratings:
    +11
    Honda gave up on horsepower, they use sharkpower in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ricoow

Ricoow
    RedShift Racing RDLMS #6 Premium

Ratings:
    +1,110
    Alonso replacement confirmed.
    The Spaniard was quoted, "It doesn't matter who is in the car, it is like GP2 anyways."

• Like Like x 1
  20. m_mirk

m_mirk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +88
    Alonso: "Look Stoffel what they delivered. I can't believe it. It’s like Honda. You order an engine you get piece of s***. I ordered a sex doll and received Sharky the inflatable shark!"

• Like Like x 1