F1 22 Modding Questions Thread

I Created This Livery and it is Metalic my question is how can I change the type of material to test how it looks in different material
I posted pictures as links because they are too large
picture 1
picture 2
picture 3
These are the colour of the .s files that I use
To get them exact use the # code within Paintshop

Gloss
Red
#ff1000

Matte
Green

Satin
Orange
#ff7d00

Chrome
Blue
#0035ce

Metallic
Dark Pink
#ff35ef

Google jburon72 to find his site for the driver and crew wear

Last edited:
We should start an FAQ thread next year ... this is one of THE most common problems since idk when.
Make sure to have the decals background blank full black full transparent.
Would be a good idea.

Tried to generate a mod for myself and am struggeling as the hat, gloves, visor attachement and especially number is cut off with some small area schowing up black (pls see snip). Any Idea what the issue could be? Looking forward to any suggestion!

1683370326464.png

I am getting absolutely horrible stutters/freezes when I tried using a full custom grid for my MyTeam season, any help? Using modular mods
Yep, modular eats more VRAM the more stuff gets loaded, as it means most stuff gets loaded double - because the game (for whatever CM reason) loads files, even though they are already assigned already, endlessly into its memory.
Also one big texture into one erp consumes already a bit more than one small texture with external mipmaps.

I said that back in 2020 already (that's why I was never eager for stuff like teampackages, suits, garages etc. etc.).

If you use fomswaps you can atleast comment the original erp loading of the f1 teams out within their assetgroupfiles.
I think driversuits might be the same, but the rest not so much.

That is the downside of not having shared mips, like CM has with their chaotic system.
In the end, MoMods go against CM's "optimization" as we load files like F1 games did back 10 years ago.
Easier for modding but not easier performancewise. Also remember that CM uses 2k textures and f1 chassis mirror many parts. While we often use at least 4k, sometimes even 8k at fom. Same might apply to helmets, suits etc. etc.

Last edited:
Yep, modular eats more VRAM the more stuff gets loaded, as it means most stuff gets loaded double - because the game (for whatever CM reason) loads files, even though they are already assigned already, endlessly into its memory.
Also one big texture into one erp consumes already a bit more than one small texture with external mipmaps.

I said that back in 2020 already (that's why I was never eager for stuff like teampackages, suits, garages etc. etc.).

If you use fomswaps you can atleast comment the original erp loading of the f1 teams out within their assetgroupfiles.
I think driversuits might be the same, but the rest not so much.

That is the downside of not having shared mips, like CM has with their chaotic system.
In the end, MoMods go against CM's "optimization" as we load files like F1 games did back 10 years ago.
Easier for modding but not easier performancewise. Also remember that CM uses 2k textures and f1 chassis mirror many parts. While we often use at least 4k, sometimes even 8k at fom. Same might apply to helmets, suits etc. etc.
Is there a way to change the modular mods to be replacement mods?

Is there a way to change the modular mods to be replacement mods?
You'd need to extract the changed textures from the modular erps (erp files with anything else than textures are not affecting performance) into their original files. Well... have fun? ;-)
Ofc that does not count for fomswaps and myteam chassis swap, it ain't that simple for those.

Last edited:
1684574872567.png

Why does the nose turn dark when I recolor the aston martin?

How do I need to change the color in the other paint file so that painted and carbon pieces look the same

Last edited:
got a problem with an installed mod. did everything how it should be done but if i go to myteam and drive out with my car everything on the car (halo front etc.) is blurry. i allready tried reinstalling modern models and just downloaded the modular mod i need to there could be no other mod which affects my wanted mod in any way but its still blurry as f***. i would love to play myteam but with a blurry livery it just doesnt make fun. anyone else had the same problem and know how to fix it?

Attachments

• 20230523173016_1.jpg
    20230523173016_1.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 49
I hope you are all well. I tried on my own and failed. I would like to know how I can change the logo from alpha tauri to jaguar.
If you use Modular Mods just check the optional file ui_teams_logos.erp and import your graphics into the correct slot (small arrow at the bottom of EEA's preview column to switch through the texture array from left to right). Same texture size, no mips, same compression.

If you use Modular Mods just check the optional file ui_teams_logos.erp and import your graphics into the correct slot (small arrow at the bottom of EEA's preview column to switch through the texture array from left to right). Same texture size, no mips, same compression.
Hi, I forgot to update, but I got it yesterday. The problem was that I wasn't saving with the correct settings.

Thank you for your help.

Hello
I have a question about UV maps.
I've seen mods with changed decal mapping, for example Mclaren.
What is the way to do this
Regards

Last edited:
Hello.
in single career mode my modded helmet doesn't show up even if it shows correctly in the edit character menu. Maybe you have to restart career mode to reload the correct editing choices?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.