F1 2018 F1 2018 - More News and Wheel / Controller List Revealed!

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2018 Info c.jpg

F1 2018 from Codemasters is looking likely to be a rather tasty new racing game, and now Codies have shared some more info on this exciting upcoming new title!

Many gaming fans enjoying using additional peripherals when taking up the racing challenge, often enjoying the benefits of a variety of wheel / pedal sets, tactile immersion, Virtual Reality, button boxes and plenty in between. With such a wide variety of equipment on offer, and so many different combinations available to use, Codemasters have revealed the official supported peripherals list... which as expected doesn't contain VR support.. sorry guys...

F1 2018 Info a.jpg

Supported Peripherals List - PS4
  • Buttkicker Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5
  • Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 Hori Racing Wheel
  • Hori Racing Wheel Controller PS4 Logitech Driving Force Shifter
  • Logitech G29 Racing Wheel Pace Wheel
  • PS4 Controller Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Rim
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari GTE Rim Thrustmaster GT Rim
  • Thrustmaster Leather 28 GT Rim Thrustmaster LED DISPLAY
  • Thrustmaster PS Rim Thrustmaster T150
  • Thrustmaster T300 Thrustmaster T500
  • Thrustmaster T80 Thrustmaster TH8A Add-On Shifter
  • Venom Hurricane

Supported Peripherals List - Xbox One
  • Buttkicker Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5
  • Fanatec ClubSportWheel v1 + CSL P1 and/or Universal Xbox One Hub Fanatec ClubSportWheel v2 + CSL P1 and/or Universal Xbox One Hub
  • Fanatec ClubSportWheel v2.5 + CSL P1 and/or Universal Xbox One Hub Fanatec CSL Elite + CSL P1 and/or Universal Xbox One Hub
  • Fanatec CSL Elite McLaren GT3
  • Hori Racing Wheel Controller Xbox One Logitech Driving Force Shifter
  • Logitech G920 Racing Wheel MadCatz Pro Racing
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Rim Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Rim
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari GTE Rim Thrustmaster Leather 28 GT Rim
  • Thrustmaster TH8A Add-On Shifter Thrustmaster TMX
  • Thrustmaster TS XW RACER Thrustmaster TX
  • Xbox One Controller

Supported Peripherals List - PC
  • Buttkicker D-Box
  • Fanatec ClubSport Pedals Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5
  • Fanatec ClubSportWheel v1 Fanatec ClubSportWheel v1 + CSL P1 and/or Universal Xbox One Hub
  • Fanatec ClubSportWheel v2 Fanatec ClubSportWheel v2 + CSL P1 and/or Universal Xbox One Hub
  • Fanatec ClubSportWheel v2.5 Fanatec ClubSportWheel v2.5 + CSL P1 and/or Universal Xbox One Hub
  • Fanatec CSL Elite + CSL P1 and/or Universal Xbox One Hub Fanatec CSL Elite McLaren GT3
  • Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 Fanatec CSR Elite
  • Fanatec LEDs Fanatec Porsche 911 Series
  • Hori Racing Wheel Apex Keyboard
  • Leo Bodnar SLI Pro Leo Bodner SimSteering v2
  • Logitech Driving Force GT Logitech Driving Force Pro
  • Logitech Driving Force Shifter Logitech Formula Force EX/RX
  • Logitech G25 Racing Wheel Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech G29 Racing Wheel Logitech G920 Racing Wheel
  • Pace Wheel PS4 Controller
  • SimXperience Accuforce Steam Controller
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Rim Thrustmaster Ferrari 430 Force Feedback Racing Wheel
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari GT F430 Wireless Cockpit TThrustmaster Ferrari GTE Rim
  • Thrustmaster GT Rim Thrustmaster Leather 28 GT Rim
  • Thrustmaster LED DISPLAY Thrustmaster PS Rim
  • Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Clutch Edition Thrustmaster T100
  • Thrustmaster T150 Thrustmaster T300
  • Thrustmaster T500 Thrustmaster T-GT
  • Thrustmaster TH8A Add-On Shifter Thrustmaster TH8 RS Shifter
  • Thrustmaster TMX Thrustmaster TS PC RACER
  • Thrustmaster TX Thrustmaster Universal Challenge 5-in-1 Racing Wheel
  • Tobii Eye Tracker Track-IR

F1 2018 Info b.jpg
F1 2018 info D.jpg

Formula One 2018 is scheduled to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC August 24th 2018.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to F1 2018? What would you like to see added to the new game that differs from F1 2017? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
You can have a full VR Support with OpenTrack + HTC Vive + VorpX. For me it works perfectly in F1 2017.

So, OpenTrack takes the input from the headset and turns it into something like TrackIR that the game can recognize, and VorpX then takes the video presentation info from the game and makes it stereoscopic?

How do the menus, etc. look?

So, OpenTrack takes the input from the headset and turns it into something like TrackIR that the game can recognize, and VorpX then takes the video presentation info from the game and makes it stereoscopic?

How do the menus, etc. look?
You have to use the F1 2017 VorpX Profile from Cloud. After That the menus are optimized for VR. Like the Menu in Fallout 4 Profile. Also you have to set the Headmovement tracker in the VorpX Profile to 0. Then it works perfect in the game. I love it :)

Stereoscopic is posible but i don't like it.You have to play with the positions in F1 2017 and the POV and i like the default mode more.

I hope they will bring up in future a full VR Support like AC, that is for me the best VR Racing Game.

I hope that helps you

Last edited:
All these people going to miss out on a top class F1 race game because of no VR. VR is only used by a few people on this forum, say 12 at the most. Hence why Codies can't be bothered with VR.
Hundreds of thousands of F1 race game fans will buy this despite people on here stating they won't. Niche VR, passing novelty.
;):whistling::cautious:

I bet I catch at least two.........

Last edited:
All these people going to miss out on a top class F1 race game because of no VR. VR is only used by a few people on this forum, say 12 at the most. Hence why Codies can't be bothered with VR.
Hundreds of thousands of F1 race game fans will buy this despite people on here stating they won't. Niche VR, passing novelty.
;):whistling::cautious:

12 people ! passing novelty ! wow …

Call me bad person, but I like driving F1 2017 on Xbox One, with Fanatec v2(+drive hub so I can use F1 wheel) it's decent to drive. Of course it's not iRacing/Assetto type of F1-level but it's accessible and fast to get accustomed to. I haven't drove seasons or career, I just drive practises/ tt's on my own.

edit. And using Xbox X, graphics are nicely sharp and fps good enough(F1 2017 is enhanced on XbX).

Hi, I know this is the wrong place to ask but would love to have some setup help concerning wheel on XBX, I have a knightmare..

You have to use the F1 2017 VorpX Profile from Cloud. After That the menus are optimized for VR. Like the Menu in Fallout 4 Profile. Also you have to set the Headmovement tracker in the VorpX Profile to 0. Then it works perfect in the game. I love it :)

Stereoscopic is posible but i don't like it.You have to play with the positions in F1 2017 and the POV and i like the default mode more.

I hope they will bring up in future a full VR Support like AC, that is for me the best VR Racing Game.

I hope that helps you
can you tell me what settings you have in opentrack for input and output i have a rift and would love to play the codemaster games in vr, i dont have vorpx but will get it if it works

can you tell me what settings you have in opentrack for input and output i have a rift and would love to play the codemaster games in vr, i dont have vorpx but will get it if it works
Hi sdubbin,
i have the default Settings like in this Screenshot. And You will nedd to have VorpX for the Menu's (sec, Screenshot)

regards
Chris

Attachments

• OpenTrack.JPG
    OpenTrack.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 184
  • VorpX.JPG
    VorpX.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 219

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 223 88.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 45 17.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 35 13.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 37 14.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 69 27.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 86 34.0%