F1 2018 F1 2018 - More News and Wheel / Controller List Revealed!

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2018 Info c.jpg

F1 2018 from Codemasters is looking likely to be a rather tasty new racing game, and now Codies have shared some more info on this exciting upcoming new title!

Many gaming fans enjoying using additional peripherals when taking up the racing challenge, often enjoying the benefits of a variety of wheel / pedal sets, tactile immersion, Virtual Reality, button boxes and plenty in between. With such a wide variety of equipment on offer, and so many different combinations available to use, Codemasters have revealed the official supported peripherals list... which as expected doesn't contain VR support.. sorry guys...

F1 2018 Info a.jpg

Supported Peripherals List - PS4
  • Buttkicker Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5
  • Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 Hori Racing Wheel
  • Hori Racing Wheel Controller PS4 Logitech Driving Force Shifter
  • Logitech G29 Racing Wheel Pace Wheel
  • PS4 Controller Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Rim
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari GTE Rim Thrustmaster GT Rim
  • Thrustmaster Leather 28 GT Rim Thrustmaster LED DISPLAY
  • Thrustmaster PS Rim Thrustmaster T150
  • Thrustmaster T300 Thrustmaster T500
  • Thrustmaster T80 Thrustmaster TH8A Add-On Shifter
  • Venom Hurricane

Supported Peripherals List - Xbox One
  • Buttkicker Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5
  • Fanatec ClubSportWheel v1 + CSL P1 and/or Universal Xbox One Hub Fanatec ClubSportWheel v2 + CSL P1 and/or Universal Xbox One Hub
  • Fanatec ClubSportWheel v2.5 + CSL P1 and/or Universal Xbox One Hub Fanatec CSL Elite + CSL P1 and/or Universal Xbox One Hub
  • Fanatec CSL Elite McLaren GT3
  • Hori Racing Wheel Controller Xbox One Logitech Driving Force Shifter
  • Logitech G920 Racing Wheel MadCatz Pro Racing
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Rim Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Rim
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari GTE Rim Thrustmaster Leather 28 GT Rim
  • Thrustmaster TH8A Add-On Shifter Thrustmaster TMX
  • Thrustmaster TS XW RACER Thrustmaster TX
  • Xbox One Controller

Supported Peripherals List - PC
  • Buttkicker D-Box
  • Fanatec ClubSport Pedals Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5
  • Fanatec ClubSportWheel v1 Fanatec ClubSportWheel v1 + CSL P1 and/or Universal Xbox One Hub
  • Fanatec ClubSportWheel v2 Fanatec ClubSportWheel v2 + CSL P1 and/or Universal Xbox One Hub
  • Fanatec ClubSportWheel v2.5 Fanatec ClubSportWheel v2.5 + CSL P1 and/or Universal Xbox One Hub
  • Fanatec CSL Elite + CSL P1 and/or Universal Xbox One Hub Fanatec CSL Elite McLaren GT3
  • Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 Fanatec CSR Elite
  • Fanatec LEDs Fanatec Porsche 911 Series
  • Hori Racing Wheel Apex Keyboard
  • Leo Bodnar SLI Pro Leo Bodner SimSteering v2
  • Logitech Driving Force GT Logitech Driving Force Pro
  • Logitech Driving Force Shifter Logitech Formula Force EX/RX
  • Logitech G25 Racing Wheel Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech G29 Racing Wheel Logitech G920 Racing Wheel
  • Pace Wheel PS4 Controller
  • SimXperience Accuforce Steam Controller
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Rim Thrustmaster Ferrari 430 Force Feedback Racing Wheel
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari GT F430 Wireless Cockpit TThrustmaster Ferrari GTE Rim
  • Thrustmaster GT Rim Thrustmaster Leather 28 GT Rim
  • Thrustmaster LED DISPLAY Thrustmaster PS Rim
  • Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Clutch Edition Thrustmaster T100
  • Thrustmaster T150 Thrustmaster T300
  • Thrustmaster T500 Thrustmaster T-GT
  • Thrustmaster TH8A Add-On Shifter Thrustmaster TH8 RS Shifter
  • Thrustmaster TMX Thrustmaster TS PC RACER
  • Thrustmaster TX Thrustmaster Universal Challenge 5-in-1 Racing Wheel
  • Tobii Eye Tracker Track-IR

F1 2018 Info b.jpg
F1 2018 info D.jpg

Formula One 2018 is scheduled to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC August 24th 2018.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to F1 2018? What would you like to see added to the new game that differs from F1 2017? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
And another F1 title from Codemasters, that is going to be full of glitches and bugs, with at least 10 patches what will fix 20 things and ruin another 20, with shiny graphics aaaand pretending to be serious racing title...The only serious thing about F1 titles from Codies, are the videos in YouTube from people who played it and want everyone to see how many bugs there are! :D

And another F1 title from Codemasters, that is going to be full of glitches and bugs, with at least 10 patches what will fix 20 things and ruin another 20, with shiny graphics aaaand pretending to be serious racing title...The only serious thing about F1 titles from Codies, are the videos in YouTube from people who played it and want everyone to see how many bugs there are! :D

The problem in 2017 was that graphic was not even shiny lol , i was at the verge of heart attack every time i play it because of the state of that super blurry-Anti aliasing:D (still no fix for this ?)
or "the McLaren engine not improving even with full engine updates" bug
But the gameplay and atmosphere of this game was the reason i still play it...who am i kidding i just playing its career mode to see if i can make McLaren great again , at least in the game:D

Last edited:
Call me bad person, but I like driving F1 2017 on Xbox One, with Fanatec v2(+drive hub so I can use F1 wheel) it's decent to drive. Of course it's not iRacing/Assetto type of F1-level but it's accessible and fast to get accustomed to. I haven't drove seasons or career, I just drive practises/ tt's on my own.

edit. And using Xbox X, graphics are nicely sharp and fps good enough(F1 2017 is enhanced on XbX).

Tell you what bugs me, and I hope this has been addressed, is when its raining on the grid the pit crew and other grid people are all dressed for summer, and no one is wet. This annoys me greatly, although in the grand scheme of things probably doesn't matter in the slightest!

if you read the article it says NO vr support . bye bye Codemasters this will be the first game I don't buy in 8 years , no vr no buy !!

I see this a lot. I get that VR is a big thing in Sim Racing (i tried it, i love it, i can't afford it, but that's beside the point) but F1 (and most racing games marketed towards the mainstream audience) will not have VR support for many years. And there are good reasons not to do it. It is work to do it properly. Work that probably doesn't pay of since the install base for VR is not very big (yet) and most people play in T-cam rather than Cockpit. Plus, F1 is a multi-platform title with a relatively small PC user base. The PS4 has VR support but probably wont hit the fps required to do it.

No VR no buy !

Just kidding, don't have that.... novelty.
Sorry bout that.

But on more serious note, I really hope they'll do something about that weather system. I mean... I love to drive in rain rain since it look gorgeous in game. Even better... I love something called "wet track" a term totally strange to guys from Codemasters. Sadly.

On RD we often makes all kind of jokes (I admit I had a few shots too) out of Milestone guys but let me tell you... they not only always had that "wet (drying) track" option, they actually make it better and better, every year. Up to a point of - THIS !
mxgp4-Win64-Shipping 2018-06-30 01-53-35-82.jpg

Jesus Almighty !!! :confused:
mxgp4-Win64-Shipping 2018-06-30 01-56-36-87.jpg

Would you just look at those uber-cute puddles !!! @@
mxgp4-Win64-Shipping 2018-06-30 01-53-16-58.jpg

mxgp4-Win64-Shipping 2018-06-30 01-41-56-10.jpg

Yep, that's Milestone. :cool:
MXGP Pro. Wet track effect, and let me tell you - a pure pleasure to every eye.
And to a untrained eye it looks like a real life puddle.
And to any other eye, believe me.
Straight from the game shots, made by me, without any editing, graphic settings all on max of course. And on top of it - it looks even better in motion, trust me !
Do tell me that you don't want to sink your teeth into this one ? :sneaky:

Now... I may be slow but really how come some giant company as Codemasters is (especially compared to Milestone) can't reproduce something similar in their F1 series ...is beyond me. Ok, you can't have something like this in F1 game, tarmac is not a dirt and gravel, but we still don't have ANY. Even Project Cars has done it.:rolleyes: And Assetto have it ...just around the corner. Will they still oversight this in 2018 title, AGAIN ?

Believe it or not.... I just recently start a career in F1 2017. I only played some quick races. Life.
And I'm still yet to meet a real drying track in F1 2017. A few races I had in career were all dry. And in quick mode, ofc, you can set a dry or wet only. You can have races that start on day and end in night but you CAN'T have races that start in dry and end up in wet. Or opposite. Stupid.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only way to see that system in action in F1 series is to bump into one changeable conditions by pure luck (in career mode) and in quick race you simply can't. What a huge miscalculation, in my humble opinion. =/

edit:
Oh I forgot - the puddles are not static in any way ! They are so dynamic, but you have to see it with your own eyes to fully process all their beauty and ...uniqueness. :inlove:

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Forum trophies