F1 2016 F1 2016 Monza Hot Lap with Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2016 Monza .jpg

Following Sebastian Vettel's podium placing at last weekends Italian Grand Prix, Codemasters have released a nice on-board hot lap video of the Scuderia Ferrari driver's virtual self in the new Formula One 2016 Xbox, PS4 and PC racing game.

Lots of racing fans already agree that F1 2016 is the pinnacle of Codemasters Formula One game releases, and with a couple of pretty sizable updates already behind the title, many would find it rather difficult to argue against that opinion.

For the benefit of those who are yet to sample the game for yourselves, enjoy this little on board lap with the German four time World Champion around the classic Italian venue:

F1 2016 Monza Hotlap

F1 2016 is here, and we like it... a lot. Check out the RaceDepartment F1 2016 sub forum to discuss the game with fellow enthusiasts, download a mod or two and join in with some of the epic racing events on offer.

Do you enjoy F1 2016? New to the Codemasters F1 series or an experienced veteran? How does F1 2016 stack up against its predessesors? Let us know in the comments section below!

That's surprising! That's the first hotlap by codemasters that isn't total trash :)
Finally they found someone who can drive the car to a reasonable standard! #UpSwingForCodies :p

That's what I call a '' cold lap '', but anyways... amazing how much the game has improved. Great graphics, lights, even the trees look realistic. The driver's arms move more naturally and so does the steering wheel, and the career mode seems to be a lot of fun. Can't wait to have it.

Reactions: Rob
Seb could drive a diesel truck and make it look fast.

Didn't he actually do that in a promotional video once?
Think it was him in an ambulance van vs the ambulance driver in a F458 or something.

It's interesting why he didn't run in a more realistic cockpit seating position!

May have just been the replay view. I can't see why you'd actually drive the sim from that view when you go fast inside the cockpit for a living

Didn't he actually do that in a promotional video once?
Think it was him in an ambulance van vs the ambulance driver in a F458 or something.

ROTFL. Sounds like a Top Gear episode. Seb is so naturally gifted that many will not realize it until they put down their allegiances and prejudices, once we have a cold hard look at history through the prism of time.

ROTFL. Sounds like a Top Gear episode. Seb is so naturally gifted that many will not realize it until they put down their allegiances and prejudices, once we have a cold hard look at history through the prism of time.
To be honest I don't rate him any higher than Jenson Button, I think the '' biggest boys '' out there have a tenth or two on him.

To be honest I don't rate him any higher than Jenson Button, I think the '' biggest boys '' out there have a tenth or two on him.
I'm a massive Button fan but really?
Jense only won a single world championship and I'm afraid to say it was in a car that any of the drivers at the time could have won it in.
Sebby is a four time world champion. That puts him up there with Schumacher, Fangio and Prost...

I'm a massive Button fan but really?
Jense only won a single world championship and I'm afraid to say it was in a car that any of the drivers at the time could have won it in.
Sebby is a four time world champion. That puts him up there with Schumacher, Fangio and Prost...

It depends on the car though, if Vettel had raced for Brawn GP and Button for Red Bull, you'd be saying that Button is up there with MSC, Fangio and Prost. Basically Vettel is Button x4.
Both are undoubtedly W'C material, but I think that Hamilton and Alonso are better, and maybe Rosberg could outqualify both and keep them behind in the race ( I might be biased though ), but I still rate Vettel and Button higher than the likes of Massa, Kubica, Raikkonen etc.

just my opinion tho.

Last edited:

The "biggest boys" out there don't race in F1. Seb is the exception. Rosberg is a punk and always will be a punk, despite him being used as the tool he is by Mercedes.

Last edited:
...truth. Before the rule changes, Seb was beating everyone on equal footing (the V8s had been in place for years) and Rosberg was an also ran. He still is. These days, great drivers are not found in F1. The WDC is nothing but a symbolic joke.
Do you realise that they didn't all have the same car though? And that Vettel had the best car? Put Vettel in Rosberg's car and he'll lose the championship to Hamilton, 100% sure.
And where are the big boys? In Nascar? Indycar? I think every categories has good drivers, and to think that Hamilton or Rosberg wouldn't be able to adapt to other categories and DO WELL is ridiculous.

and to think that Hamilton or Rosberg wouldn't be able to adapt to other categories and DO WELL is ridiculous.

Right. Keep telling yourself that "the best drivers are in F1." When you wake up and realize that even greats like Button and Alonso question the "sport" for being a race to technology (and fuel management) and not of driver skill, perhaps you will get it.

Ever wonder why nobody but Mercedes was even in the race for the last three years? Or are you fooling yourself because you picked the wrong German? Vettel never walked away with any title. His challengers had years to catch up, unlike Rosberg, who was (and is) a failure before he had a fast car.

Oh, and by the way, the best drivers are in IndyCar, despite your prejudice and derision. Open you eyes and your mind and maybe you can figure out why. (Hint: It has to do do with the quality of cars and the diversity of tracks, not money laden machinery that proves nothing but how rich you are. Do you even realize that 1/2 of all F1 drivers are there because their Daddy brings a rich sponsor?)

Oh, and by the way, the best drivers are in IndyCar, despite your prejudice and derision. Open you eyes and your mind and maybe you can figure out why. (Hint: It has to do do with the quality of cars and the diversity of tracks, not money laden machinery that proves nothing but how rich you are. Do you even realize that 1/2 of all F1 drivers are there because their Daddy brings a rich sponsor?)

I am sure I should even bother responding to that statement are you serious?

How many indycar drivers have come into F1 and been successful?

Mario Andretti was top draw I will give you that.

Any others?

Villeneuve had a great car in 1997 but turned into a bit of :poop:

Am I missing anyone else?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back