F1 2015 'F1 2015 The Game details and images leaked'

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)

Justin

#1 overuser of the :P emoticon
F1 2015 leaked images 04.jpg

Today the first leaked images of F1 2015 The Game appeared on the internet. These are reportedly images scanned from an internal Codemasters newsletter (unconfirmed), including a first look at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez racing circuit in Mexico City.

It seems like the plan is to have the game ship with 2014 car models with 2015 liveries, and have them replaced via updates as they make them during the season.

Another detail to note is that this mentions that the game is 3-4 months away from release, meaning a likely June 2015 release.

For more information on F1 2015 and Codemasters' previous Formula 1 racing games check out the F1 201x forums.

F1 2015 leaked images 01.jpgF1 2015 leaked images 02.png F1 2015 leaked images 03.jpg F1 2015 leaked images 04.jpg F1 2015 leaked images 05.jpg
Images via: Imgur

Codies have designed the entire game around console gameplay. The PC audience is so tiny in comparison that they probably deem it not worth their time to implement such a thing, which is a shame, because it could turn it from a 5/10 to an 8/10 game.

Both new consoles have multiple games with dedicated server infrastructure and have actively pushed for it to become standard, so there's more of a chance now than there ever was for them.

But then again it's Codies we're talking about here who are pretty much unrivalled for laziness in racing games these days, so I'm not holding my breath here by any means. :p

I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say those screenshots are from S.Hoods private twitter account to Sony. Could be wrong but I'm guessing they are Ps4 screenshots and those snippets are old news in CM.

If they are also talking about a game release with 2014 cars and 2015 cars with a downloadable update later in the season then that also still points to a release somewhere close to the Start of the real F1 season. :thumbsup:

I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say those screenshots are from S.Hoods private twitter account to Sony. Could be wrong but I'm guessing they are Ps4 screenshots and those snippets are old news in CM.

If they are also talking about a game release with 2014 cars and 2015 cars with a downloadable update later in the season then that also still points to a release somewhere close to the Start of the real F1 season. :thumbsup:
The blue Sauber being an image implies that they aren't old ;)

What I would like to see is a season that imitates the exact same weather at every circuit as real life.

I'd also like to see something similar to what FIFA has. When FIFa sets up you pick your club. Then on matchdays you play the real life fixture online. I think this would be a great addition to an F1 game. When you start your game up for the first time you get to choose your favourite driver and on a real life race weekend you start in his IRL grid position and off you go.

Personally I think the graphics were pretty good already, what would make a nice addition (and what some others lack) is "real" action at the track. People walking in the pit lane, photographers following cars, dedicated autograph hunters, the lunatic who has to run across the pit lane as you're coming in, haha. They did the modeling for the pit garage sequence, why not take it one stage further, how about getting ready on the grid? I suppose it's that "immersion" thing again.

Raceroom has some of this and it makes a big difference for me, it made me smile the first time I went to the pit lane to see people active on the pit wall, and seeing the marshals moving at their posts.

Apart from that, the one issue I always have with CM games (and it gets mentioned a lot already) is the playability. It seems to vary year on year as to whether the car is nice to drive or totally impossible. They seem to put so much effort into everything else and yet this is where they suffer.

I can't remember which game of their's it was but I gave up on one in the end, it was ok(ish) on controller but impossible on a steering wheel (just too sensitive). In the end I managed to dial down the sensitivity enough so that I could go round corners but you were only turning the wheel a few degrees.

The opposite side of that is the Gran Turismo games, an example of how the handling "engine" should be done. :)

The server side for PC will not happen, CM are just not interested in it. Which is a shame for us and a mistake for CM. Saw the entries for the formula 1 style iracing championship last night. 60 drivers entered...I hope I'm wrong and the CM team add it though.

Last edited:
i agree with the above, f1 2014 isnt a ugly looking game, immersion for me, they need to make career more then just 19 'grand prix mode' race weekends in a row, they need to add more to it. make it fun, give us a reason/drama to head back out on track

One thing I don't like about the F1 CM series is when you enter to a practice or qualy session the clock starts ticking right away. So, I think, it would help with the inmersion aspect if there is a small gap between you enter the session and the clock starts ticking and you have the possibility to drive your car through the pit lane and wait for the green light at the end of the pit lane. We see this a lot on real life Formula 1 when there are changing conditions during the qualy sessions and the teams send their cars to set times before starts raining. I know is a little apect of a whole game, but it would be great to have it.

Another part of the game that should be improved are the practice sessions, at least on career mode. The practice sessions should be more rewarded. I mean, until now "the game" or "your team" doesn't care if you make a lot or just few laps during the sessions. Apart from the R&D programs, there are no others programs to follow. Your engineer doesn't know if you're setting times with full or empty tank, so for him the times you set with full tank always are slow times. There is no way to know if the "race pace" that you try to test during the practice sessions is close to being good for the actual race. I think your team should be more aware about what you do during the sessions and react accordingly. Spend more time on the track should help the team to help you to improve the setup and upgrade the car during the season.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back