1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 2014 Sochi Hot Lap (Official)

Discussion in 'F1 2014 - The Game' started by Graham Laing, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

For those that don't subscribe to the F1 2014 'revealing' thread, here is the hotlap video

F1 2014: Sochi Hot Lap
    by Graham Laing on RaceDepartment - F1, Motorsport, Sim Racing
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Nice track but why not a completely onboard lap? replay cams are **** hahahah
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Everyone complains about Codies replays and nothing happens...

With that said, looks like a nice track...
    Is this one designed by someone else other than Tilke? I see no super tight hairpins in it :D
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. That is the stupidest replay camera work I've seen in my whole life. You cannot get any feel for the flow of the track.

They're probably trying to hide the handling in the corners or something. Wonder what they did wrong this time. :D
  5. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

I must admit that I would preferred a whole lap from on board.

Even a split screen with an on board cam and a trackside cam side by side.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Welcome Valencia V 1.2 oops Sochi :cool:
    • Haha Haha x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

In case you haven't seen it, here's Sebastian Vettel @ Sochi in an Infiniti Q50 Hybrid

It might give a better idea of the track

8. I saw Vettel video a few weeks ago and I think this track looks like a mix between Valencia and Abu Dahbi. Just another Tilke's track.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Let's rather call it an FIA track and not blame Tilke. He is very restricted by FIA design rules and crap. Sepang was his first one, and it's an awesome track.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. I think in part you're right. Besides I think the design is restricted by the place it self because this is more like a urban track and not a propper permanent circuit.
  11. Spot on I was thinking the exact same thing. ToO be honest I actually quite liked Valencia.. I know I was probably in a minority but in the game we had some great races there before it was removed from the calendar.