1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

F1 2014 cockpit view.. where is my speed???

Discussion in 'F1 2014 - The Game' started by bouncer1980, Oct 26, 2014.

1. I only see the current gear and some counters which are on 100...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

unfortunatly the only cars that will show your speed if you use cockpit view are the red bull the williams and the force india because they all have the older digital wheels. if you are in another car in the cockpit view the only way to see your speed is to look behind you, if you have the rev display enabled you will see it when you look back.

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. what a crap! Will there be any mod for this in near future?

thx for your help

• Like Like x 1
  4. Use a camera mod from the mods section, there are better cockpit cams in it and cockpit cams with the rev display enabled

• Like Like x 1
  5. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

luckily for you it sounds like you're on PC and there are mods for that.
    I am on the xbox 360 and there is no mod for me to see the speed in cockpit.

6. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Why do you need to know your speed? Just get to the front and win. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

It's a good reference point for cornering.... for example is gear 3 or 4 faster through turn one at Albert Park? I find they are about the same speed.... 160km/h.... strange that.
    The other handy thing you might notice is that your speed still increases long after you've hit the purple lights on your wheel shift indicator. without the speed reading you might never realize this.

• Beer Beer x 1
  8. You may think it's "a crap" but the real cars don't have speedometers either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lap time and position are also indicated. The counters are front and rear tire temps.

10. The counter on the left indicates fuel usage. When you set fuel to rich it gets to 100 and over, when you set fuel to lean it drops to about 30. The counters on the right are tire temp front and rear.

11. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

I'm pretty sure that the number on the left indicates the engine temperature. The numbers on the right indicate the tyre temps (front and rear)

• Agree Agree x 1