1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

F1 2013 Pre Order Available On Steam

Discussion in 'F1 2013 - The Game' started by Dan Hawkins, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Steam has just announced the availability of F1 2013 as a preorder on Steam.

Will you order yours today?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/223670/

2. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Annoyingly, no mention of day one Classic Edition DLC, for those of us who have already pre-ordered the Standard Edition Disk, as you cannot buy the Classic Edition on Disk for the PC

I just posted over @ Codemasters, just to see if they give any further details about the DLC

This is a excerpt from the current F1 2013 FAQ on the CM forum.

Weeks ....:thumbsdown:

Codemasters FAQ

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Excellent, Hatta has replied to the question.

I suspect that the FAQ quote above (weeks), may refer to those who bought the Standard Edition console version of the game, and wish to upgrade

Quote Source

4. Graham, do you have any ideas to how much the DLC will cost? Im trying to decide whether to pre-order the Classic Edition on steam or go to shopto.net and pre-order the boxed version, and then buy the DLC pack on release day.

5. I asked them at official twitter account about the price of DLC and this is what they told me:

[​IMG]Formula 1 Game
    @mattrex47 We'll be revealing this soon. :)

2:23 po południu - 22 sie 13

So you just have to wait for now.

6. I am trying to figure out the exact same thing.

If the DLC is more than £10, as in more than the difference between the 2 editions, then that would suck. £16 just to drive around Imola (and 1 other less interesting track) and try a few 90s cars once or twice when the standard edition is just £19.85 is kinda silly.

7. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Yeah, I would guess that it would be around £10, but maybe as much as £12.

However considering that you can make a substantial saving on the Standard Edition by buying elsewhere, it gives you more acceptable wriggle room on the DLC price via Steam.

Personally I had already pre-ordered the Standard Edition from shopto.net @ £19.85, that's 27% cheaper than the Steam discounted price of £26.99

I am not against Steam by the way, I like Steam. Depending on your situation, the bonuses available on Steam are very good, assuming that you like what's on offer, and that all 3 bonuses actually 'kick in'

• Free F1 Race Stars game to use of gift to a friend
    • 50% off coupon for any Codemasters game on Steam (except F1 2013). So you cannot use it to buy another copy of F1 2013 on Steam
    • Free F1 2012 to use or to gift to a friend
    Another advantage is that there is no waiting around for a postman to arrive, and the game should pre-load before the release date, and be ready to go immediately.

That's very tempting for the sake of a few quid extra.

8. Yea i agree with this statement, for the sake of a few quid you get the full game + DLCs and have it downloaded before release date ready to play at 00:00 on the 4th of October.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ORRRRR

Pre-Order from ShopTo.net and receive it the day before :D (I have done every year so far)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

ORRRRR

You can put up such a good argument for Steam in the forum ........ and end up persuading yourself. :rolleyes:

You cancel your pre-order with shop.to and pre-order it on Steam, like I just did :whistling:

Breaking with my yearly tradition (unlike Dan) :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. WOW! That's not on!

I managed to get a discount off the shopto.net price :D

The joys of having Skream (ShopTo's parent company) as a customer and helping them ship an urgent item at 5:40pm!

12. Scott Tanner

Scott Tanner
    3vil - Steam

13. kelaroost

kelaroost
    @ Simberia @Simberia

well got my copy.
    I imagine there will be plenty of free 2012 game copys flying around on day its unlocked.
    Anyone need a copy of 2012 ? I already own and be a shame to let it go to waste.
    But not able to until its unlocked so if anyone knows anyone let me know and I will add them to my steam on the day

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  14. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

Oh yeah, baby! I pre-purchased it. It may not be as epic as rFactor 1 and rFactor 2 does not have these kinds of mods yet, but, I will be playing the hell out of the classic cars. :D

15. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I will post-purchase it. For the first time in four years I will miss out on pre-release.

Still not convinced that the '13 edition will bring stuff signifanctly new that justifies the amount of money. Got fooled with GRID2 again and promised myself that was the last pre-purchase ever.

Lets hope its good though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. +1. Which is why i was also waiting to see what was instored for the game. As i said in some other thread we are completely in Dark about the Main Content. We haven't seen AI, Handling of 2013 cars etc.etc. Will the SC come out more? Is the weather fixed. What about Penalty system and lot of things are still to see.

17. I Have just ordered it from Steam, although I have got to figure out how to get my wheel to work with my pc now.

18. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

I'll wait. Played 2012 only for 16 hrs and lost total interest in the F1 game series.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Don't worry Dan I have kept my yearly tradition and ordered it from shopto.net! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Got it :)
    I think the Steam deal is very fair;)