F1 2012 f1 2012 Xbox/pc force feedback

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Bought a Fanatec CSR at the beginning of the year for f1 2011 on xbox. wheel has been great - once i sorted the disconnect. However, force feedback was poor. When i played dirt 3, ffb was a lot better but still not what i had expected. On forza 4, there was resistance but still not blown away with it.

i went to rfactor on the pc and something amazing happened. i got throttle vibrations which i could feel when steering and the feedback was much better. rfactor 2, another level etc etc.

I got the f1 2012 demo for xbox and i could feel the rumble strip, resistance was ok on the wheel but no throttle vibration. in contrast, the pc version seems to have nice ffb. Why is this? Is it just the "driver" version for the CSR? is xbox not capable of tranferring the ffb in the same way as pc? i would like to buy f1 2012 for xbox to race with my old buddies as well as stick with the pc version but aside from the slightly inferior graphics, the physics will no doubt be affected negatively without good ffb. perhaps i've missed something?

Help!

After your story, i wander what my csr ffb feels like in f12012 on a pc. ( got no pc ) The ffb in forza 4 feels really great i think. Nothing wrong with that. In f1 2012 its weaker and i had to tweak 3 days for a reasonably ffb. But i still think it can be better. Firmware = 737

After your story, i wander what my csr ffb feels like in f12012 on a pc. ( got no pc ) The ffb in forza 4 feels really great i think. Nothing wrong with that. In f1 2012 its weaker and i had to tweak 3 days for a reasonably ffb. But i still think it can be better. Firmware = 737

the feedback on forza is not in the same league as the feedback on pc i'm afraid.
like you, i think the f1 2012 feedback on xbox is weak. maybe there's no fix :-(

hey tom ...couple of questions...
have you tried it and are there any complications?
if you have rfactor 2, how does it compare? I can feel the road in rfactor 2 when push throttle and brake - feels like pedals are connected to the wheels.

thanks

Nothing is on-par with rFactor 2. Then again, it's really great and a major improvement. A new mod has been posted yesterday but I didn't try it out yet. Currently watching football.

fussball-schweden-deutschland.jpg

The more i read this forum, the more i thinking of buying myself a gaming pc. (xboxowner) Cause i can mod, tweak and adjust the game just how i like it. And upgrade the ffb. At least i think that could be the case. Is it really the case? And i can also play rfactor, or triple screen setup, or...or...or..just keep dreaming.
Anyway, i miss the lack of road feeling also. In my grandprix4 days with a thrustmaster wheel i remember this was a much more sophisticated ffb experience. Or is it remembering the past and im going sentimental. ..? :)

I guess we have to wait for the xbox update/patch if it upgrades the ffb.

The more i read this forum, the more i thinking of buying myself a gaming pc. (xboxowner) Cause i can mod, tweak and adjust the game just how i like it. And upgrade the ffb. At least i think that could be the case. Is it really the case? And i can also play rfactor, or triple screen setup, or...or...or..just keep dreaming.
Anyway, i miss the lack of road feeling also. In my grandprix4 days with a thrustmaster wheel i remember this was a much more sophisticated ffb experience. Or is it remembering the past and im going sentimental. ..? :)

I guess we have to wait for the xbox update/patch if it upgrades the ffb.

since i bought my pc, i rarely play xbox. i will still try and make the most of it and i'm lucky as i have the best of both worlds. aside from improved graphics, the pc has a much better feel such as ffb and improved physics...so if you have the money, get a top of the range one. tom is good at recommending specs. mine cost about£800 and was cracking deal...no regrets.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back