1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 2012 The Game: Dev Diary Video & Release Date

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Bram, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

View the Post on the Blog
  2. There is cockpit view here at least? Or they saved weight for better cars details? XD
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Anthony Davidson tutorials will probably be benefical to improve your driving. But why put "Flashback" feature to this video i can't understand it.

Next Dev Diary video will probably feature Champions mode then.
  4. Strange about the flashbacks... Once again a CM Dev diary said nothing :D
  5. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley

Maybe these flashback are longer thus enabling you to practice your lines for a particular cornering. Or maybe they just have feck all to show us. :p
    • Like Like x 1
  6. This so far does not look like any improvement over F1 2011 unfortunately. I know we have brake bias and all but those graphics look to have had no refreshment whatsoever.
  7. The flashbacks comment is odd, they make it sounds like it's a new feature rather than something we have had since 2010. As Gavin says maybe they have increased the length as they really were too short must of the time previously.
    Same with the fuel mix, why focus on something we are already used to..
    Very confusing. Still looking forward to the game a great deal but this was an odd dev diary for sure.
  8. Looks like slightly improved F1 2011, nothing particularly new.
  9. They didnt say if there will be better AI or improved crash damage which I think is the most important thing. When he lost control of the car, it was a pity they didnt show it hitting the barrier so we could of have seen what the crash damage was like. :)

Nevertheless, I am really excited about this game. The handling looks so much crisper and the new features are quite cool. But to be honest, all of these new features will be utter rubbish if the basics of the game are not fixed - bugs, AI etc.
  10. It doesn't look hugely different. I think the changes each year will get less and less extreme. Like when EA sports raved non-stop about football players falling in a cool way in Fifa 12

F1 2018: now with improved glove physics
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Difficult to do something really amazing when you have to release one game per year to profit your license :unsure:
  12. I'll pass
  13. pass
  14. Young driver test is really the only change worth mentioning in that video.

Did they improve Ai?
    Did they improve physics/handling/tyres/FFB? (that which simracers care about most)
    Did they improve career mode?
    Did they improve MP?
    Did they improve QA?

Would expect to know more this close to release. Guess we will have to buy to find out! :roflmao:
  15. I'll be happy if they improve the AI, which is a big IF. Plus I'm getting tired of seeing Heidfeld on the grid.