F1 2012 F1 2012 release date: September 2012

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Nice. Was looking forward to this announcement. The young driver options sounds really nice. Hope it is not too much like a tutorial but more like fighting to get a seat in F1.
Expecting the opposite, but it will be fun to do one time.
Most important thing for me is that they won't use GFWL for 2012 but Steam instead :)
Dedicated servers +24 players + bugfixes and it would be nearly complete for me, but since Codies has to cater for multiple markets I shouldn't count on everything to happen. I'll just be glad with every improvement for online league and club races here, and steam instead of gfwl is the first step.

To be honest all this young driver stuff isn't particularly appealing to me. What they have in the game is pretty good already but they need to improve certain aspects of it (penalties, online coding, replays, data from the game, etc). And please make it so that at the end of a Grand Prix we can actually go in and see the race details from an 'improved' Race Director rather than have to pause the game before crossing the finish line to get this information. Why they made it so that you can't access race director after a race is beyond me!!

I am really enjoying the 2011 game. Xbox player BTW (its a little PC by another name that plays games pretty well!)
Big step forward over 2010.
I dont want much change, just some refinement and improvement. It would be nice to have race director at the end of career and GP as the above post mentions. Also somehow some improvement to lag and disconnects online. Some improvement on the penalty system also.
The core of the game I am loving. The physics blow 2010 away.
So if its really just a refinement and addon to 2011 then I'm probably too easy to please but they will have my money.
If its not. then I have 2011 to drive.
Note to self, I just have to get better at complaining!

I love F1 2011 but hopefully they can push it to the top potential for this year. I want to know if they are still going to make it for X-Box 360??? I would love to start of as a rookie needing to beat their time to qualify into the team like F1 2009, I enjoyed it. Also I like the Penalty to be fixed because every single time I am racing, a driver hits me from behind and spins out and I didn't even feel the car move, I get a penalty for that but I can drill into someone and I don't get penalised. The cutting corner needs to be fixed as well. Other then that it should be due for Manager mode for 2013 which is the next big step we need. Can't wait to race on America

Please give us custom grids! SO many times we've had to do rolling starts in my league because some one drops and we restart. If they would just put this simple option in we could have qualifying one night then race the next.

Honestly it seems like such a stupid thing NOT to have, but I feel like it's going to get over looked.

Please give us custom grids! SO many times we've had to do rolling starts in my league because some one drops and we restart. If they would just put this simple option in we could have qualifying one night then race the next.

Honestly it seems like such a stupid thing NOT to have, but I feel like it's going to get over looked.

Rolling starts!?!?!?! that is no fun. You should have a no restart rule maybe instead.

we're too international for that. plus it kinda sucks when internet connections rather than driver skill determine your points. We had 5 races last year that didn't require a rolling start. custom grids would completely solve that.

It would solve that for sure. In our league (xbox) here we have various diff countries involved as well. Canada, Mexico, South Africa, UK, Belgium, Germany to name a few. At the end of the season we will remove the 5 worst results from everyone to deal with the disconnects and such that have happened through the season. We also have a no restart rule.
A lot of the guys have fixed their connection issues though the season, but there are still some that disconnect.

I don't like the idea of dropping worst results either, that is a bit unfair to everyone. It can completely change the outcome of a season.

I think it's something more people should ask for to be honest, the guys racing in my league seem to be the only ones that care about it but it would make things so much nicer.

Think of being able to qualify one day, write down the positions, then race the next day, starting from the grid!

Also it would allow racers to join during qualifying and not mess up the grid for the race. perhaps even spectators could join if it wasn't a full lobby and the grid would still be unaffected.

How can dropping your worst result be unfair as it works the same for all the drivers? :) With such a system you can at least miss a race due to real life events or scrape that result where your dog bite the powercable pretending it being a bone :)
because we worked out that someone who finished all the races and ended a few points ahead of someone who destroyed their car and got 0 points 5 times, the guy who destroyed their car 5 times could beat the guy who finished every race but in 5 races completly sucked and only scored a few, they then lose those few points and would then lose to the guy who DNF'd more and should have had less points

Incase that probably confused you, here is a way of looking at it
WORST RESULT
Guy who crashed out 5 times.
1:0
2:0
3:0
4:0
5:0
Overall season points: 125 points

Guy who had 5 bad results BUT FINISHED
1: 2
2: 1
3: 4
4: 1
5: 2
Overall: 133

Subtract their worst results
Guy who crashed 5 times: 125
Guy who didn't do well but finished every race: 124.

It could also change the champion, as we figured out on our PS3 page

because we worked out that someone who finished all the races and ended a few points ahead of someone who destroyed their car and got 0 points 5 times, the guy who destroyed their car 5 times could beat the guy who finished every race but in 5 races completly sucked and only scored a few, they then lose those few points and would then lose to the guy who DNF'd more and should have had less points

Incase that probably confused you, here is a way of looking at it
WORST RESULT
Guy who crashed out 5 times.
1:0
2:0
3:0
4:0
5:0
Overall season points: 125 points

Guy who had 5 bad results BUT FINISHED
1: 2
2: 1
3: 4
4: 1
5: 2
Overall: 133

Subtract their worst results
Guy who crashed 5 times: 125
Guy who didn't do well but finished every race: 124.

It could also change the champion, as we figured out on our PS3 page

But the guy who crashes out 5 times has a better points average over the other 14 races and thus should finish ahead of the guy who completed all the races. That seems fair to me.
Dropping the worst 5 results is to help combat the disconnects, poor penalty system, and real life issues that pop up.
We are not professional drivers and have real lives. Sometimes we can not make every race in the season. This is not our Job, it's our entertainment.
Whether he crashes, gets disconnected, runs into the back of the SC because it's lagging, or simply isn't able to make it doesn't matter.

On top of that. Those two guys are not in a position to be fighting for the top spot with points totals like that. They are more likely fighting over 6th and 7th spot.

Dropping the 5 worst results is not a perfect system, but when you are dealing with a game that has issues like this one does it is more fair to everyone involved.

so they have listened about GFWL, let's face it, it is very bad and not user friendly.

They got one thing right, but will they get the rest right? deep down i hope so, but i have a gut feeling it's all the same crap again, Hype up the game so much to get the most sales..... the reveal trailer was appauling.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back