F1 2012 F1 2012 not for XP users!

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
WTF? I'm with a DX 9 Video Card, I won't be able to play it??

Official statement regarding the situation.

I can confirm F1 2012 WILL NOT work with Windows XP, this was also the case for our most recent PC title DiRT Showdown. Both of these titles are using the DirectX 11 platform for F1 2012 which is available for Vista and Windows 7. Windows XP does not support the DirectX 11 platform.

For those of you with DirectX 10 cards, I can also confirm that for F1 2012 DirectX 10 and above cards will work, assuming they are above minimum spec.

The full PC specs for F1 2012 have still yet to be released.

They're not mentioning DX9 but that doesn't sound like it's going to be supported. Hopefully just a bad choice of words.

Official statement regarding the situation.

They're not mentioning DX9 but that doesn't sound like it's going to be supported. Hopefully just a bad choice of words.

I'm pretty sure it will run. NFS The Run was just for Win7 too but I could run it under DX 9 & Win7. And hopefully till the end of the year I'll get a DX 11 card and I won't worry about it. :p

Oh oh oh look look..

For those of you with DirectX 10 cards, I can also confirm that for F1 2012 DirectX 10 and above cards will work, assuming they are above minimum spec.

Yeah, I'm actually with a DX 10 card, but most of the games use DX 9 and 11, not 10 because it looks worse than 9. Yeap... :D No worries :D

XP is a dead platform now. Time to move on. Other developers have or will be making the same moves. It's no longer supported by Microsoft so is unlikely to continue to be a target platform for anything other than small indies.

XP is a dead platform now. Time to move on. Other developers have or will be making the same moves. It's no longer supported by Microsoft so is unlikely to continue to be a target platform for anything other than small indies.

Exactly what I was going say! Microsoft has stated that they're pulling XP support soon, and it's pretty much a guarantee developers will follow the decision as well. Honestly, if you're still running XP you're due for an upgrade anyways.

Microsoft going to pull XP Support plug soon may be after March 2013 so May be they decided to make F1 2012 Work on Windows 7
If they only make the Game work on DX 11 it would rather Cost them much because Lot of people may have DX10 or 9 cards and if the game works on DX11 cards most people won't want to Buy the Game by upgrading their Respective Graphic card.

Microsoft going to pull XP Support plug soon may be after March 2013 so May be they decided to make F1 2012 Work on Windows 7
If they only make the Game work on DX 11 it would rather Cost them much because Lot of people may have DX10 or 9 cards and if the game works on DX11 cards most people won't want to Buy the Game by upgrading their Respective Graphic card.

They said it's going to run on a DX 10 card. If you've played NFS The Run - it's the same. They said it's a Win 7 exclusive game because of the DX 11 but I could play it on a DX 10 card. :)

Yeah, I completely ignored Vista and ran XP until the first beta of Win7 was released.
Have been running it ever since, on all my computers. :cool:

Vista was pure crap and that scared me a bit when I bought a new laptop with Win7 pre-installed. Luckily it was a lot better but said laptop is running slower than ever after a year.

I'm curious if I could use my Win7 Pro DVD to install Win7 using the Home key provided with my laptop. Would that work? So that it doesn't activate the Pro features but only the Home ones, depending on the key.

Vista was pure crap and that scared me a bit when I bought a new laptop with Win7 pre-installed. Luckily it was a lot better but said laptop is running slower than ever after a year.

I'm curious if I could use my Win7 Pro DVD to install Win7 using the Home key provided with my laptop. Would that work? So that it doesn't activate the Pro features but only the Home ones, depending on the key.

It should work, but it also depends somewhat on the disc, if it's a OEM disc or a "standard" one. In my experience it's usually no problem but I can't remember if I tried "downgrading" an install from Pro to Home...The key is the main control over this but no guarantees. ;)

It should work, but it also depends somewhat on the disc, if it's a OEM disc or a "standard" one. In my experience it's usually no problem but I can't remember if I tried "downgrading" an install from Pro to Home...The key is the main control over this but no guarantees. ;)

The disc is OEM, yep. Will give it a try soon, cheers. :)

XP is more than 10 years old, so the fact that the game doesn't run on it, it's not so much of a surprise...time to move on, because windows 8 is behind the corner!

The fact that Windows 7 was actually pretty good and every second instalment of Windows pretty much sucks scares me...won't use Windows 8 any time soon. :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back