1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 2012 graphics issues.

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Ryan Hieronymus, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Hey all, I'm having some issues with strange flashea of light, screen freezes, black screens, and ctd's. I was hoping someone here might be able to offer some advice or things to try.

In game settings:

All on ultra except trees are ultra low
    Resolution 1680x1050
    Refresh rate 59
    Vsync on

Computer specs

Windows 7 (64 bit)
    Nvidia GTX285 (4gb)
    Intel core 2 quad 2.8GHz
    8GB ram
    Monitor 1680x1050 (32bit)
  2. check your game with FRAPS to see how many FPS you get from you pc.Check your GPU driver for updates and clean the interior of the pc from dust.Sometimes dust causes overheating problems with a big drop of pc perfomance.:)
  3. May be wrong but it sounds like a possible graphics card issue to me. I would check I have latest drivers. Then run everything on a low setting to start with, see if that cures it. That would then indicate that shadows, or AA, or reflections are causing it. Gradually turn the settings on, testing each timetill you find which one is causing it.
    But the main thing is to keep it basic and see if it runs like that at first (including turning background programs off, ike fraps, or even internet explorer).
  4. Also run disc clean up and defrag your system, that will help free up rfesources. If you haven't put any thermal paste on your CPU for a long time then (while your cleaning the dust from insdie your rig, apply some thermal paste to your CPU chip).
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Does it happen on any other GPU intense games, e.g. Crysis 2, BF3, MW3 etc.?
  6. Update Direct X & graphics drivers, install traps and see what kind of fps you're getting, I would try everything on high to start out with.
  7. Does it happen in other games? I have seen a few people having the same issue with this game.

Might be far-fetched, but it could be because your card does not support DirectX 11.