F1 2011 F1 2011 - Bug Report Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
The game was awesome until the gremlins came out. First the sound went out, had to restart, the had to repick my custom wheel setup, and then the G27 got whacked out so much the game is unplayable. I was loving it until the gremlins reared their ugly heads out.

Anybody having issues?

Hi guys I ve got a little problem; I have just started my carrer with Williams, on the 1st gp, australia, I re-did P1 couple of times in order to get used to the game, after restarting the session a couple of times and getting used to the handling I was able to do a time under 1:26:9 (With soft tyres, no assits and manual gearbox) up to here everything was fine, even a little too fine since i was paying on professional level and was able to set the 3rd fastest time in p1 with a williams.
My problem comes when I go on to p2,p3 and of course the "qualy" laps, with the same set up that I used on p1 I am suffering big time to be able to break 1:29.0. This is quite frustrating, and wonder whether it has happend to anyone else.
Thanks!

Well, found out that if you accidentally close the program whilst running, it'll cause the save file to be corrupted. I found out the hard way when my desktop overheated and shut down immediately. Same thing for accidentally closing it. Should really fix this issue. :(

Mine and my friends co-op mode has crashed. When we invite each other in, whoever accepts the invite, their xbox freezes and we have to restart our xbox. We dont have this problem on normal multiplayer mode.

Really annoying, half way through the season as well, can anyone help?

beretta and ferrarileo i have the same problem in Canada..i was doing the qualifyings and in the last 4 minutes my screen was black so the session ended but i had already made a good time and i was 2nd..in the race when i m going to set up the car i have the same problem..and in the race i see the black screen..i m also in Force India.. Does anyone know any solsution for this Please??

Thank u

Hi guys, I had pleasure playing the game until yesterday, here is the problem. While playing Japan track everything looked fine so I made to UAE but, today it took me back to Suzuka, game didn't save. I've searched forum up and down but I could only find game save fix form 2010, some people installed it and everything was fine, but not for me, i copyed the file ("flow bin") into system folder, now game wont even start. I have only 2 mods installed, one for cams and one for helmet (but with them game was saving previously). Is this file compatible (flow bin from 2010) with 2011 and do you know any solution for this???? Thanks in advance.

!

watch when he hits the bollard after the swimming pool. it does not destroy his car. I am on the PC version I am not sure if this video is featuring pc xbox or ps3. anyway, if I hit that bollard or pretty much any of them around most tracks, they destroy my car. what the hell?

i get it all the time. also on alot of the trackside sponsor signs. and the braking zone markers. all these are completely indestructible on mine,its the PC version with the one and only patch. it has been this way since before the first patch though so i know it wasnt caused by it. I was running the graphics benchmark once and the mclaren got stuck on it and it never got un-stuck. i had to power off my rig and re start. major flaw in my book.

Has anybody else noticed a team engineer typing on his laptop in the middle of pit lane. As i leave or enter the pit lane i sometimes see engineers typing on an invisible laptop, this does not affect me that much but this is supossed to be the closest thing to being a formula one driver. Now i know that codemasters has very little if no competition in the F1 vedio game market seeing that i have only seen one f1 game and thats F1 2011. However this does not mean they can give us a half ass job, they should give us the best product which they can. ANother thing which annoys me ( im not sure its a bug) but im new to F1 racing games and i have recently turned the TC to medium which isnt that hard to control with a wheel but i play on a PS3 whith a controller and this is difficult. SO i occiasonally spin when getting used to the track, when i try to enter the trackmost of the time i am slapped with a 10 place grip peantly for dangerous driving when no body is even close. or when i try to slow down on the side of the track to let a car past they slow down and act as if there is no room when i have moved as much to the left or right as possible. Sometimes i get fed up and pull onto the grass and dont move. The peantly system in the game is bs the stwards rarley gve 10 place grid drops and these stupid peanatlys make me use like 4 flashbacks in just the practices. ANybody have these issues cause i am annoyed with codemasters saying a lot of stuff about there game which arnt true

i get it all the time. also on alot of the trackside sponsor signs. and the braking zone markers. all these are completely indestructible on mine,its the PC version with the one and only patch. it has been this way since before the first patch though so i know it wasnt caused by it. I was running the graphics benchmark once and the mclaren got stuck on it and it never got un-stuck. i had to power off my rig and re start. major flaw in my book.

Had that issue on F1 2010 (PC VERSION) and a reinstall has helped there.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 230 88.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 48 18.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 36 13.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 39 14.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 69 26.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 89 34.1%