F1 2010 F1 2010 - preload still not unlocked

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris Butcher

Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion
UK users that preloaded haven't had their games unlocked yet. But those who bought after 00:00 BST can play. Not very fair is it?

Codies, on their forums have told the community they are talking to steam, and have been since 8am this morning. Why isn't it solved yet?

"Pre-order and preload your game to ensure you don't get the chance to play it on release!"

That said i did save £3 by doing so, but to be honest the release date when i checked before going out last night was 6pm today, so in reality i never expected to be playing it until tonight. Things like this will lose steam customers however, i could have preordered a hard copy from Game and been playing days ago, the reason i buy games from steam is to avoid situations like this, though in fairness when i preordered in the past i was able to play the games on time. Bioshock 2 was available a day before release, and came bundled with Bioshock 1, along with a discount price.

Well, I didnt pre-order, I paid £29.99 for it this morning at about 10.45am its ONLY JUST FINISHED D/L now and guess what! It says its a PRE ORDER???????????????? WTF and wont let me play either LAST TIME I USE STEAM, WHAT A JOKE.....NO PROBLEM TAKING MY MONEY THOUGH, THAT WAS OUT OF MY ACCOUNT INSTANTLY! FUNNY THAT EH!

I will be taking this further if its not activated soon, we have some very nice ppl at the trading standards office, and it is worded D/L now to play

To be fair, the original unlock date for the UK was 6pm, 24th september. Its likely an error/bug to do with the confusion about the release dates, and it will likely unlock at 6pm as planned. Steam is usually pretty good, but mistakes happen and yes its annoying but its not the end of the world.

For those like myself without the patience to wait for the 'Play' button in steam can use the following link to start a VPN in USA:

http://usaip.eu/en/USAIP.pbk

Username & Pass is 'demo'. Then restart steam and log back in. Should be able to hit the play button thenand start up the game. Steam needs to dycrypt the files which takes a few minutes though at which point the VPN will time out (Demo user lasts only 7 minutes). Let steam finish what it's doing and then log back into the vpn and Steam a second time. Should be able to play the game now. Once your in it, your in and if you return to a UK ip it doesn't matter.

I've been on it all afternoon. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back