1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 2010 Pedal stand DIY

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Lenard Schaeffler, Aug 7, 2011.

1. I eventually want the full cockpit I am designing, but until then I am going to have to make due and make my desk as comfy and driver ready as I can, the biggest issue I was having was the pedals, trying to use existing things they ended up too high, too low, too anything but right. Stopped by the thrift store and found one of these and decided for about $1 I was worth a shot, and here my friends, after working on it today is what I ended up with, quite pleased taking a peice of plastic and turning it into something that looks like it belongs

perfect height, perfect angle, $1 for the materials, spray paint and masking tape I already had so yeah. quite proud of that one, the other thing I got in the same store for around $25 (you are all going to hate me for this one [​IMG]

I had these so I plugged them into the side channel and made myself a decent mix and match 7.1, it is absolutely amazing

does anyone know of any really powerful audio mod for F1 2010 I downloaded one, and while i sounds much better than stock, it just doesnt seem to get the same bass and power I was hoping for

So now we are looking at something about like

it will do until I get a full cockpit fabbed

Thanks for looking
  2. I'd buy that for a dollar! :D
  3. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

Loving your ingenuity and thrift. Anyone can write a cheque.
    Full marks mate
  4. I think I am most proud of the way the F1 logo came out, usually I am very good at visualizing what I want to do and fail miserably when it comes to actually doing it.
  5. JEALOUS!! lol nice job mate... as much as I love playing the game on my Xbox I really wish I had a pc capable of playing it so I could get something set up like that and enjoy all the mods, etc that you can add to it.
  6. Richard Knight

Richard Knight
    GP2 - No.1 Virgin

Logo looks great! I run a plastics vacuum moulding factory and have been thinking of moulding a full cockpit too. We can use a carbon-fibre effect material which would look the dogs bol**cks! Send me a design and i'll have a look. ricky@donite.com - www.donite.com
  7. Like I always say, I stand behind the PC because I have the world at my fingertips while you have a couple of buttons under your thumbs :good:
  8. Oops

Premium Member

@ TheLastPriest, I see from one of your pic's that you run three screens can you let me know what resolution your running them at? Im using a TH2Go setup and run at 3840 x 1024 bit it just seems to make the game look stretched so I whent back to using one screen at 1280 x 1024 :confused:

@ Richard Knight I would love to hear how you get on with the molded cockpit, I live quite close to you so im very interested, I built mine out of wood, but im always up for some thing new (just dont tell the wife) lol.

P.s. Great job on the pedals love the logo :)
  9. Richard, I'll have one of those too please.. can you also make it so that it makes me faster as well :wink:
  10. I am not sure what you are asking for, the demensions of the pedal "ramp" so to speak, or the designs I am working on to have a full cockpit fabbed

I am running 3 screen eyefinity with 3x 22in 1920x1080 monitors giving me an effective resolution of 5760x1080. Things do look a bit stretched on the outside monitors in any/all games, while it can be a bit of an annoyance at times the 2 other screens are for peripheral use only, if you spend time on the race rack staring out the right window you are going to end up in the "out of the dirt and into the tulips" as the great Doc Hudson once said
  11. Now he has gone and painted his chair, seems since his wife left he is going a little nuts with the spray paint

12. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly

Just make sure that after a race you don't walk out to your car waving at people in the street, then the lines have blurred.
    Truly though great cockpit.
    Thinking of getting some fake carbon fibre stickers for my ironing board now.
  13. I have been wanting to do my whole computer case in carbon fiber vinyl for quite a while, but the stuff is expensive and the Antec 900's have these little bumps on them that would require a ton of work to get off for the vinyl to look right

You know the funny thing is, I got accused of buying cheap speakers on another forum, so I actually took the time to figure up what I had paid for everything.

14. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly

Xbox (3 years ago i forget the price say £150)
    150Meg hard drive £15.00 cash generators
    Madcatz MC2 wheel 2nd hand ebay £15.00
    27" CRT TV Cash Generators £15.00
    White metal FIA approved Ironing Board-Free
    Non Genuine headset £4.99
    will Dolby work from my Xbox/TV??
  15. pretty sure I just got "owned" as the kids say these days
  16. Haha I'm 33 and even I know it's 'pwned' haha. Nah I'm only messing, you got a good price on all your gear. My Lian-Li A70F PC case cost more than David's whole setup :D
  17. haha pwned one typo made by a high ranking player and a word is born LOL. Case is something I need to do something about, I was thinking of drilling holes in the desk for standoff's and going open air