• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

F1 2010 and MoTeC

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Bram Hengeveld, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,617
    As this game doesn't display tire temperatures and other data that I would like to see visualized my question: would motec work with F1 2010? Did anybody try?

2. Theo de Bruin

Theo de Bruin

Ratings:
    +12
    I was actually wondering the same thing... but somehow I doubt it. If it would work I am sure someone would have mentioned it by now... But you never know so if some handy dude could try it out... lol!

3. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium

Ratings:
    +817
    I've tried the console version so I don't know but there are different things to consider.

What motec does is read different data from different channels in a log. You need the game using as many variables as possible being recorded in a compatible log file.

I don't know if things like "inner temperature", "damper speed travel" exist on F1 2010 engine, but looking at how setups are in game I doubt it, I don't think it manages the car handling using the common real car channels that is what motec does.

Cya.