rF2 F1 1993 @ Brands Hatch - Wed May 12th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Changed it to a rolling start guys! :)

-First lap of the race will be a single file formation lap. The race leader remains a speed of 100 km/h (60 mph) during the formation lap and the rest of the field follows without swaying. If you spin during the formation lap you follow the field in last position. The race starts when the leader accelerates out of the final corner. No overtaking before the start/finish line.

aww my internet connection sparked out after 4 laps of the race, second time in an hour. well i missed the race but atleast i had a lot of fun learning to drive open wheelers :)... omg and again on qualifying for the second race, gotta find out whats wrong here...stupid isp.

great racing uall :) , but theres one thing that bugs me don´t you read the header ,
Quote ( The race leader remains a speed of 100 km/h (60 mph) during the formation lap and the rest of the field follows without swaying ) ,
it cause problem when you are in middfield and trying to keep a steady pace.

Argl! Stalled the engine at the beginning of the formation lap in race 2... :frown::redface:

My first quali was ok (I mean the second try of it :wink: ). Race 1 was also nice. I managed to keep the car on the track, but 4 or 5 laps before the end, my tyres where gone. I drove with nearly standard setup and I did not do any longruns before, so the result was too much tyre wear. I lost positions from a P2 with good advance back to P4. Ivo, the nudge was no problem. As I said, my tyres where completely off. Normaly I would let the door open in such a situation (I think you where already partly along side me). But I had to close a litte bit to not slide off the track. But it was a little too close. So, it's at least 50:50 :)

Quali 2 was not so good. I changed the set blindly to test something. It was not bad, but one lap was not enough to adapt my driving. In the third lap I was 1.3s faster at the second split... than I had to hit ESC. And to the start of race 2 I stalled it. What a shame. :frown:

But even that I am not a open wheeler driver, the cars are very cool and so was the event! First I thought F1'93 @ Brands Hatch? You are crazy! I have to drive! :D But now I think - Wow! What a good combination!

Gratz to Richard and the winner of race 2 (I assume, Rich again ;)! And thanx to Ivo and RD for that event!

Well this was my first online race since I joined and I have to say it made a VERY nice change from playing online on the standard public open servers.

Everyone raced very clean and the only incidents were those which were unavoidable, this is racing after all isn't it.

I had a pretty good qualifying performance in both session 1 and 2 but during the race my car was just not balanced enough for my liking, I was pushing as much as I could but went a little too far and hit the wall, after that it never drove in a straight line and pulled to the left heavily (on both races this was) so I was forced to retire.

I was pretty pleased with my qualifying pace, my best lap was a 1:05.9xx with qualifying fuel and setup so not too shabby, just need to work on the race setup a little more.

Nice to have raced with you all, hope I didn't cause anyone any problems at the times of my incidents, if so my apologies, and I look forward to racing with you all in the near future.

Stu

Pff some very bad driving from my side. I blame it on the break we had with the mod. ;)
Always very consistent with these cars but tonight i was far from it. And was also to much focused to be organizer tonight then a racer. Especially after the server trouble.

Race 1.

Started 2th. But to much focused if everything went well behind me when the race started. Braked to late in T2 and went in the gravel. Rejoined at 8th or 9th.
With Mattia behind me. We both sliced throught the field to 4th. But had some mistakes. Could take 3th in the last lap. But tapped Hararld as he was struggeling with his tyres and braked a little earlier. But rejoined the track and Mattia flew past us. Ended 5th.

Race 2.

That one was really bad. Started 4th and offcourse went wide in T1 with Abdul following me. Smashed in the wall and the car pulled to the right on the track again and there was Lee with nowhere to go. Real sorry man. Needed to pit. Rejoined in 14th. Moved my way back up to 7th. And screwed it up again offcourse needed to pit again and finished 8th.

Sorry for the guys that saw and where involved in my bad driving. It was not my night.
Wich was shame because we had a nice full grid and some good driving. Cya guys next week. :)

Quali 1: Not my fastest lap but it was enough to secure pole.

Race 1: Clean start, wasn't hassled during the race. Only had one spin but that was of my own accord. Comfortable win, thanks to all the back markers who made it so easy to get by.

Quali 2: Tougher fight at the top for pole but managed to get a 1:04.xxx in and secured pole again.

Race 2: A little more action this time :p Martin dove on me going into T1 and I lost another place into T3. I managed to get both back before I spun at the exit of T4 two laps later. Eventually I got myself back to P1 and drove to the finish.

Thanks to Ivo for organising the event!

Giorgos - which part of this do you not understand? -
Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere

If it is so bad, report it, if not then racing and bad luck happens. You are always complaining - do something about it - either stop complaining, report incidents or stop racing.

That was Ryan btw Girogos not Ivo :p

Erm as for tonight race 1 was ok, had a poor qualifying started at back managed to crawl through field had a small spin cost me a chance of fighting with 7th in end finished in 8th I beilive it was 20 secs off 7th but about same ahead of 9th.

Race two again failed qualifying, had an ok start but got caught up with Ivo, (No problem mate tbh) That nocked my front wing off was a lap down already. Crawled back up but only gained places due to others retiring. Last lap managed to catch and overtake a few people (Ivo and Adam were two) however Ivo and Adam both got back past, managed to get Adam on last lap to finish 9th.

All in all, had a few incidents but my pace was quite promising, in my last 93 race was close to the back this race I had strong midfield pace.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%