rF2 F1 1992 @ Zandvoort - Sun March 6th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
R1: Poor start from 4th on the grid. Settled into a steady pace. Ferry spun, chas and erick had a coming together so found myself in 2nd. Couldnt catch Eric although he was struggling with braking and was delighted with a P2 finish.

R2: Reasonable start, ran 4th for a while till the guys up front took themselves out. A few laps to go and was in P1. Chas left the pits just behind me and as i had an 18 second lead on Adam and didnt fancy a fight with Chas, chose to move over and let him through. Lost a bit of time and suddenly Adam catches me on the last lap. I tried to slow it down on one of the slower turns to give myself a good exit, just as he dived for the inside and took us both out. He got it back on before me but in true sporting fashion, waited for me to rejoin. Just had to go flat out round the last turn to get the win.

Congrats to Erick for winning R1, but without the accidents Chas could easily have won both races. Well done to Garry for a 5th(?) place finish in R2 and i must say when we lapped you Garry your blue flag behaviour was spot on.

Thanks for the races Rd, nice end to the weekend.

Quali 1: Only managed to get P4, with a good lap.

Race 1: Made an excellent start. Overtook Erick before we crossed the start line but then got held up behind Ferry (Didn't think I would ever say that) but Ferry was fast enough to out-jump Martin and I followed him through going around the outside of turn 1. Settled in behind Ferry for lap 1 and got a really good run out of the final chicane and the final curve. I pulled out to overtake Ferry (never thought I would say that either), got partially alongside until his car gained some speed so we were travelling the same speed, then braked hard after Ferry did, clipped the curb on the inside, flew across the track and into the wall. Thankfully no-one collected me and my race was over as both left tyres made a break for it over the wall, along with a few other expensive car parts.

Quali 2: Hooked it up a bit more but with Ferry leaving and the others not matching their Q1 time, I got pole.

Race 2: Made an awesome start and led comfortably into turn 1. Was more than 2 seconds clear a few corners later and I pushed to open a big enough gap before I needed to pit for tyres. I got it to around 15 seconds and I dived into the pits before the tyres went completely. 6.9 second stop and as I reached the pit exit, Martin shot by. Had a quick look behind and saw Erick and Steve side-by-side. They both got past me before I got up to speed but Erick crashed at turn 1. So now I was third, on the quali tyres with the two in front on softs. Managed to get past Steve when he made an error so was chasing Martin. Caught up to the back of him pretty quickly and tried a move into turn 1, but almost did what I did in race 1. Fortunately I didn't hit anything and after getting the car off the curb I could continue. I caught up to the back of Chas pretty quickly after he got past when I was facing the wrong way. Got a good slipstream out of the final turn and charged past him on the straight. I was tempted to pit for tyres that lap but I got a such a good run that I decided to continue as I cleared him. Caught up to Martin again and this time he span allowing me back into the lead. I reach the final chicane and I decided to pit as the tyres were really bad now. Only had a 4 second lead but I span it anyway. I kept it out of the wall and was just off the track. I looked at the position map at the bottom of the screen waiting for the three cars to go past so I didn't rejoin into their path. As I was sat there, I saw Martin and Chas go past on the grass with a few parts missing and then Steve who at the time I thought he was missing his front wing. I followed Chas into the pits, but came out ahead and set about Steve who was leading, 18 seconds down the road to my surprise. I took big chunks out of the gap and on the final lap I was right on him. I could now see he still had his wing so I must of been imagining it as he passed. On entry to the final chicane he brakes a bit earlier than I anticipated, I darted to the right to try and avoid but it was no good. We hit and I allowed him to rejoin the track before me as I coasted the final couple of turns with a heavily damaged car to take 2nd.

I think I need to practice my overtaking a bit more as I was appaulling tonight. Apologies to those it affected.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced.

R1, avoided the carnage and kept it on track (good for me) for a good finish.

R2, more of the same and just past the 1/2way point put the LF over an exit curb and turned the car into a handy Armco barrier which removed all but my feet.:redface:

This was a very challenging track which prolly scared off alot of guys.:eek:

Thanx Adam for the rpy.:cool:

Cyall next week.

Thanx Lee and RDfor the great racing.

well i didnt do well. in the first race i startet with hard tyres and it felt the track was made out of ice. lost one wheel in the first lap, another wheel in the second and finally crashed in 3rd xD. in the 2nd race i picked the medium tyres wich felt alot better. after 4 laps i lost my concentration, spun out and lost my frontwing. as i cam out the pits i crashed mark mendonca. really sorry about that but saw only one car on the minimap and he was behind another car.
i hope i can at least finnish the race next time.

Enjoyed last night although I had 2 DNF's, I was struggling a bit until Ferry sent me his setup, I made a couple of tweeks to suit my style and then took pole from Ferry by 4 tenths :cool: I was very fortunate to come across Garry as I came out of the last turn and got an excellent tow off him :D if I hadn't I dont think I would have got pole, in race 2 I had a collision with Chas after he had left the track and rejoined, one of those things Chas but possibly avoidable, I hated the track at first but after awhile got used to it and it was great fun, thanks for setting it up Adam.

Enjoyed last night although I had 2 DNF's, I was struggling a bit until Ferry sent me his setup, I made a couple of tweeks to suit my style and then took pole from Ferry by 4 tenths :cool: I was very fortunate to come across Garry as I came out of the last turn and got an excellent tow off him :D if I hadn't I dont think I would have got pole, in race 2 I had a collision with Chas after he had left the track and rejoined, one of those things Chas but possibly avoidable, I hated the track at first but after awhile got used to it and it was great fun, thanks for setting it up Adam.

Yeah, pretty good pole time for a bloke who started the evening with “I can’t get on with this track” lol.
You were pretty rapid in race pace too.

Yeh,i wasn't a fan of this track at first,but then i got into it better once you could get a rhythm going,although that fast chicane,turns 10,11,12? Scarey! Flat out you just had to turn and hope! lol
Martin:
I had a collision with Chas after he had left the track and rejoined
At the point i was turning onto the track,the car wouldn't turn due to damaged steering etc and i went kind of straight on,across track. I see you lost your a wheel so i carried on. I am sorry Mart,i didn't expect the car NOT to turn. No hard feelings i hope :drink:

a few words from me. I never thought it would be so difficult to win this one. And there it all went wrong. i didnt got pole because i gave my biggest oponent myn setup lol stupid me ;). And then i couldnt do the right lap in quali so P2. but that wasnt as bad as it all turnd out. i did a very good start and at the first corner i was on P1. Adam followed me because Martin didnt have a good start. Adam did try to overtake me on the first corner of lap 2 but he made a mistake and bang in to the wall. after a few corners there was Martin again in my mirror and then it happend i made a mistake. he clipped my rear right weel and i got a puncture. So limped back to the pits and lose a lot of time. I think Martin was out already at the moment he touched me. It was totaly my fault because he was driving right behind me and i touched the curb were i shouldnt. After the stop it all went wrong and i did need 2 more stops. on the end i finished on P3 with 3 pitstops Lol. and they were not even fore quali tyres.

iam curious about Martin and Adam did you guys start the race with quali tyres or soft?

Yeh,i wasn't a fan of this track at first,but then i got into it better once you could get a rhythm going,although that fast chicane,turns 10,11,12? Scarey! Flat out you just had to turn and hope! lol
Martin: At the point i was turning onto the track,the car wouldn't turn due to damaged steering etc and i went kind of straight on,across track. I see you lost your a wheel so i carried on. I am sorry Mart,i didn't expect the car NOT to turn. No hard feelings i hope :drink:

np Chas :good:

a few words from me. I never thought it would be so difficult to win this one. And there it all went wrong. i didnt got pole because i gave my biggest oponent myn setup lol stupid me ;). And then i couldnt do the right lap in quali so P2. but that wasnt as bad as it all turnd out. i did a very good start and at the first corner i was on P1. Adam followed me because Martin didnt have a good start. Adam did try to overtake me on the first corner of lap 2 but he made a mistake and bang in to the wall. after a few corners there was Martin again in my mirror and then it happend i made a mistake. he clipped my rear right weel and i got a puncture. So limped back to the pits and lose a lot of time. I think Martin was out already at the moment he touched me. It was totaly my fault because he was driving right behind me and i touched the curb were i shouldnt. After the stop it all went wrong and i did need 2 more stops. on the end i finished on P3 with 3 pitstops Lol. and they were not even fore quali tyres.

iam curious about Martin and Adam did you guys start the race with quali tyres or soft?

I Started race 1 with Qualy tyres Ferry, I was taking a leaf out of your book from last week, I should have realized you had softs on and held back a bit in our incident, one of them things mate, Race 2 I had softs.

I guess that leaves out Monza....:tongue:

Nah Monza is a great track Rich, yes there is a lot of foot flat to the floor action, but you have to be quick through the turns here to get anywhere.

Quali tyres for both races for me. I thought you were on Quali tyres as well in race 1 but I guess not :tongue: In all honesty, quali tyres in the race didn't really work. The track was quite narrow so if you got behind someone it was hard to overtake, and the tyre wear was quite big.

yes indeed i was on soft and it was faster with softs this race. There was 1,5 sec speed diference between them. So in 19 laps it would have been about 30 secs. And 2 stops were close to 30 secs. And when you do the race on q tyres the problem is after the first stop. You would be probably not fare enough at front to do the stop and still being in P1. So after all to bad i couldnt stay on track with my soft tyres. but ahh well when you wanne finish first you first have to finish and that was something i didnt the way like it was in my mind.

yes indeed i was on soft and it was faster with softs this race. There was 1,5 sec speed diference between them. So in 19 laps it would have been about 30 secs. And 2 stops were close to 30 secs. And when you do the race on q tyres the problem is after the first stop. You would be probably not fare enough at front to do the stop and still being in P1.

As I found out in race 2. Reached the pitlane exit just as the field was going past. :frown:

R1 I thought I was in good shape but I couldn't put a decent qual lap together I choked :( . Warmup I wrecked. I went back to the garage but I guess my car didn't follow me. I didn't go back out guess in hindsight I should have. When the race started I wasn't allowed onto the grid. Big DQ :(.

R2 I managed a low .02 for P6. After WATCHING R1 I adjusted my race fuel. Had soft tires. Car felt a little heavy. I took my time and was very cautious. Something happened to P5 I moved up and was closing on P4 when Kevin came out. I didn't see him until it was too late. Good thing it's only a Simm that would have been a bad wreck. O well race over.

2 DNF again :( . Still had great fun thanks RD! :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 50 27.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 5.9%