rF2 F1 1992 @ Road America - Sunday October 2nd 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Go into any track and type ISI_BABYFACTORY into the chat box, it must be in caps. Then you will have many tuppences. :)

Thanks for that Kyle but i'll try and sign up next week. I've further messed things up and i'm currently re-downloading mod but it's taking forever. I hate Megaupload! it won't be downloaded and installed in time for race.

17. Benetton - Michael Schumacher: Corrado Conti

Edit: make that my old Zanardi. The benetton drives like it has a lose nut in the front.

I had picked the ferrari last week, but I don;t want to exercise the priority. I didn't realize there was a new thread. My fault.

By the way, these cars are different, aren't they. They seem to drive differently from one anotehr.

Hi well for me the lads are so fast it makes me look silly , not to sure but this could have been my last race with this mod love it really but my speed becomes a safety point racing at this speed. thanks for the last 6 weeks they have been fun lol steve

Never lasted long in either race but it was an eye opener just being there for the first time and seeing how much there is to learn. Unfortunately spenting time finding/downloading/ installing the mod and practicing for the race only to crash early in both events was very annoying ( right Steve ). Some could say I wasted most of the day but hey it 's Sunday and it raining. Never had a chance to see how I would have held up as people began to lap me or what their approach to a newbee would be. Gentle I hope.

Still need to adjust a setting in the FFB in my wheel because it is pulling left and right a bit as I turn so I have to compensate for that.

Hope to try more F1 events but need to get more consistant. Grats to podiums, thanks Lee, and cheers to all drivers.

No Corrado it's an LE, all same physics.
Q1: 7th, good lap
R1: Got an amazing start and missed all the mayhem between the front runners, and I think I gave Mohan a tap, sorry about that, but I definitely came off worse. After that I got into a nice rhythm, but I was being passed (read: swamped, they were just driving past me) by a few people because of my drag (I decided to run less DF for Q2 and R2) and then at turn 7 on lap 3 came another DNF for me. Looks like Jason Shadd made a mistake (very easy at that corner) and I came round almost flat as I usually do and I just didn't see him in time to slow down. He was just trying to get up to speed again, so racing incident in my view. With hindsight, probably not the best place to try and get some traction with cars coming past at 150mph, especially as the track is narrow there and he was almost in the middle of the track IIRC. Hard to see what else either of us could have done to prevent it.

Q2: 5th, better lap.
R2: A good start kept me in 5th (out of 10). Some time later Stephen Ducros came up behind me and we had a great battle due to our cars being set up differently. I was amazing in the corners but useless on the straights and vice versa. We made contact at one point but I let him get away before getting going again. The battle continued for a few laps with Stephen locking up at every braking zone and running wide. I shot past him several times into turn 1 due to the sheer grip I had compared to him. Eventually he made a mistake into turn 9 (last heavy braking zone) and I went for it and took the place. I managed to block his moves fairly (forced him round the outside of turn 1 once I think, his weak area) and he eventually binned it out of turn 2. DNF. Great battle though, showcases how Road America is good for top speed cars and for high downforce setups.
I then had a healthy gap back to Leonard Mills (16 seconds or so) so I thought I would have a boring race from then onwards. Not so. I ran slightly wide out of the penultimate corner (the blind crest) and did a few 360s and got going again. GPU then had a minor brain fade causing me to lose traction again, and I did well to keep it out of the barrier. I went back onto the track and by the time I got to turn 1 the gap was about 2 seconds. I then set about pushing as hard as possible to increase that gap, because if he had got within one second he would be able to just drive past on the straight and I would be a sitting duck. This was with about 7 minutes left. I got the gap up to about 9 seconds, once again using my conrering advantage, before he ran out of fuel on the final lap. I too was marginal on fuel, but I eventually brought it home in 4th place. What a race.

Thanks to Lee, RD and everyone who raced.

What wheel do you have Jack, if memory serves me correctly when this happens you need to reverse the effects, in rFactor go into settings/ controls/FFB and make sure FFB strength is a negative number, I have -98.

That may be the cause of your steering problem.

Q1- P2 with a 1:35.0 I didn't get a good quali session and struggled to a quick lap in!
R1- i made a good start and passed Mohan into turn 1. On the run down to turn 4 Mohan got up the inside and passed me,going into turn 5 i missed my braking point and and ran up the inside of Mohan and spun us both off! Sorry Mohan :) I let him rejoin ahead of me and it looked like he came off better than me after we touched but,he must have went off somewhere(unseen by me)because as i went up the hill on the start straight,i saw him behind me and thought ''i must have made a mistake and i didn't let him passed after we touched''
So i slowed and let him pass me. Turns out? I didn't need to as he had an off at turn 7 ahead of me! My mistake! Ho hum!
On lap 4 i was P6 when 2 cars ran wide at turn 8 and gifted me P4.
On lap 8 into 9 i caught up with Mohan,Andreas and Ben battling. I joined in :) Fantastic close racing between the top 3 untill lap 10 i caught and passed Andreas approaching turn 1 for P3. Then my game FROZE!!! I just sat there,waiting....it came back to life and i found myself with a 16 second gap to P3 and all my graphics had gone mad! Parts of the track were purple! lol Very strange! P4
Q2- P2 with a 1:34.474 which is usually good enough for pole. Untill Mohan clocks a 1:33 bla bla bla lol
R2- i made an awfull start as the 3rd red light AND the green light came on,together?! Took me by surprise but i managed to stay P2.
The first 2 laps it was pretty close between Mohan,Jason and myself. Mohan had a 2 second lead on me and i tried to push and close the gap so by lap 4 going into lap 5 i managed to get the gap down to 1.3 seconds. On lap 6 Mohan got a wheel on the grass exiting turn 8 and crashed out. All i had to do was keep a gap to Jason and bring it home,right? No! lol
On lap 8 i ran wide exiting turn 1 and spun the car,barely touching the wall,which must have bent the rear left suspension. The car was pulling to the left a little but i decided to risk it and stay out and limp home. I was losing 2 seconds a lap to Jason and had a big enough gap to Martin in P3.
Congrats to Jason for his win and Mohan too who got his deserved win in race 1 after me spoiling his race. Well done guys :)
Thanks to everyone tonight and RD.
Scotts server is running Spa this week. Rothmans guys- see post for track info.

Hi well for me the lads are so fast it makes me look silly , not to sure but this could have been my last race with this mod love it really but my speed becomes a safety point racing at this speed. thanks for the last 6 weeks they have been fun lol steve

Steve,we've all been there so i know where you're coming from but,stick at it mate. Once you get better you'll love this mod,right guys?
see us in scotts server this week and check my post at Rothmans.
Welcome Jack nice to see new guys coming on board ;-)

Q1-
Fantastic close racing between the top 3 untill lap 10 i caught and passed Andreas approaching turn 1 for P3. Then my game FROZE!!! I just sat there,waiting....it came back to life and i found myself with a 16 second gap to P3 and all my graphics had gone mad! Parts of the track were purple! lol Very strange! P4
Sr Chas.. i dont know ,,not sure,, but looks like a memory issues of GPU.I had one GPU that blow up,as you said the SPA track looks ugly to you, but for its all ok and all on max.

Thanks for the tip Martin but when I checked, it was already a negative number -65 ( maybe a higher number like -98 would help) so it might be something else that is causing it to pull. Not completely over powering but I must deal/ react quickly to begin it back so it effects trying to be smooth at these high speeds. Do others have this same force effect problem?

Thanks for the welcome Chas. Going to be hard to shave off 10 seconds.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back