F1 1992 Pit problem

How do you leave the pit box in the above mod?

I come into the pits, box, neutral, the engine stops and the pit timer counts down then nothing.

I thought perhaps the engine would start again at the end of the pit timer or flooring the throttle would start it but nothing happens.

I am running with no aids.

Help :confused:

Dave, Adam will confirm it but its something to do with fuel which stalls your engine. I think in a race situation you can change tyres but not refuel. Most of the races we do are easily do-able full length on soft tyres. If you are practising, I would suggest do your practise on softs safe in the knowledge when you put on qualys you will save 2 or 3 seconds a lap.

In practice/Warm-up, when you pit, it adds/removes fuel to equal the amount of fuel that you have asked to put in at the next stop. In 1992, there was no re-fuelling in F1 and the mod reflects this by not allowing you to add any fuel during the pitstops. To stop fuel being added, the mod makers had to limit the amount of fuel to be added at the next stop to 0L which means that when you enter the pits and stop at the box during practice and warm-up, the game will adjust the fuel to the 0L that is selected at the next stop. During qualifying and the race, fuel cannot be removed so you won't have this issue.

If you are in a qualifying session or race when you pit then you have either run out of fuel or you've stalled the engine/overheated.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back