rF2 F1 1992 @ Jerez - Sun May 29th 2011 [EU]

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I havent raced for a while in this 'series', so about time I changed that. I love the 90's F1's.

So: Scuderia Italia - Pierluigi Martini #22 for me please (Ken Bell)

Eric Van De Poele

Fondmetal Ford =]

Reason for edit: I forgot to actually post my driver's name on the thread, I just threw down my own name 10 seconds before the start of race 1, so now after race 1 I came back to enter the correct name. Hope there are no issues!

Q1 - 9th
R1 - Messy start (for me) T2 got a little too agressive went off dropped way back but soon got up to P6 and closing on Martin; Got too agressive again went off so did front wing. Guess I was speeding out of the pits got DQ'd.

Q2 - 2 BSOD but managed 7th at a time slower than Q1. Then BSOD again started from the back. Huge LAG in T1 came out of it in the wall. Didn't know wth I was; went the wrong way DQ'd again :(.

O well that's racing on to next week :)

Q1 - PB, came 12th.
R1 - So-so start, wasn't really trying, and I found out that I make a lot of spins in the first few laps. Very quiet race, but kept myself amused trying to keep the gap to Tristin behind me until the finish. I FINISHED!!

Q2 - Slower time but ended up 8th.
R2 - My first lap spins (in Sector 3) were more severe and I got bad suspension damage, so I pitted. About halfway into the race, I lost my front wing, but my engine couldn't take any more ticking over so it blew up in the pitlane as I left the box. These engines are so fragile, it was only an 8 second stop!

Never knew that I loved Jerez until I did my first laps on Thursday! This is a track we have to come to again, unlike Mid Ohio.
Not sure if I'll be in Estoril, I'll need to get some laps in to see if I like the track or not, I haven't done any laps on Estoril apart from the F1 '97 PS1 game, and that was about 5 years ago!

Never driven at Jerez before and what a fantastic track it is, another enjoyable night of F1 92 racing, In R1 I qualified 10th and finished 5th and in R2 I started 5th and finished 4th thanks to Ben having an accident on the last lap, I think he did anyway.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back