Cars F1 1930s

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cars seem to pull to the left, feeling like you always have a flat tyre. Stepping on the throttle will spin up the rear left very easily. The wheel is off centre from the beginning.

Did these car really have so little grip? It felt like driving on literal ice on a green track. I could barely touch the throttle.

Did these car really have so little grip? It felt like driving on literal ice on a green track. I could barely touch the throttle.
I haven't tried this mod, but natural rubber tires with heavy cotton cord (practically everything before 1958(*) on cars with no downforce cornered at no more than 0.75G and the German torque monsters generated wheelspin into 4th gear if you weren't judicious with the throttle. Continental produced three race tires for the German torque monsters during this timeframe, differing mainly in tread pattern & depth. Dunlop also produced race tires in this period.

(*) Firestone introduced hard synthetic rubber race tires and nylon cords in about 1954 for Indianapolis. Avon used nylon cords in 1954-55, but mostly restricted sales to Aston Martin. Dunlop introduced their nylon cord race tire and the beginning of their synthetic rubber, the R5, in 1958 and cornering increased to about 0.8G. Racing tires from Continental also switched to nylon cord around 1958. Englebert left the market circa 1959 when they were bought out.

So, yes, compared to modern tires, the vintage stuff should feel like driving on ice because the cornering forces available in period are less than we currently get with modern tires in the rain.

While tire improvements continued, even in 1966 the renowned Chaparral 2E with its wing managed only 1.2G cornering force. My Ford Focus ST with an improved suspension and no aerodynamics consistently records 1.25G-1.30G on 200 treadwear street tires (Bridgestone RE-71RS or Yokohama A052).

Last edited:
Thanks for releasing this. Its great to see some older car mods.
To add to some of the feedback, I don't think the tyres need more grip. See what Oskari manages to do with the Auto Union.

If you are looking for feedback I've added some below but please feel fee to ignore. None of it is very important, I'm just glad you released the mod. So please feel free to Ignore this below.

Based on my very brief testing I did notice a few small things, at 30s Spa on default set up.
The Mercedes is much more prone to snap right oversteer than the other two.
All cars, even cruising on straights, have higher temps on the left rear versus right rear but then opposite on the fronts. E.g higher temps on the front right versus front left.
These last 2 might be VR only but the default driving position of the Mercedes is very far forward whereas the Alfa is quite far back. The side mirrors are very distorted.

Thanks for releasing this. Its great to see some older car mods.
To add to some of the feedback, I don't think the tyres need more grip. See what Oskari manages to do with the Auto Union.

If you are looking for feedback I've added some below but please feel fee to ignore. None of it is very important, I'm just glad you released the mod. So please feel free to Ignore this below.

Based on my very brief testing I did notice a few small things, at 30s Spa on default set up.
The Mercedes is much more prone to snap right oversteer than the other two.
All cars, even cruising on straights, have higher temps on the left rear versus right rear but then opposite on the fronts. E.g higher temps on the front right versus front left.
These last 2 might be VR only but the default driving position of the Mercedes is very far forward whereas the Alfa is quite far back. The side mirrors are very distorted.
that is some awesome car countrol by Oskari glad some one is enjoying the mod and thanks for the feed back may be some one with more understanding of physics will improve the handling of the cars rfactor 2 needs more older cars i think.

thanks for updates

what do you mean with different chassis?
modified physics?
it has a different hdv, chassis.ini and susp.pm files but i think i know now were i messed up, bears is working on skins for the auto union as well so will up date that one when he as finish (just wish there was some one who new how to get then to handle better)
glad you like the mod

F1 1939 trackpack:
01. Spa (League edition) Link
02. Reims Link
03. Nurburgring Link (or modern Link or modern payware Link)
04. Bremgartner Link

F1 1939 non championship races:
Eläintarharata Link
Brianza (Historic edition) - Scheduled but deleted Link
Linas Montlhery WIP

Other suggested tracks:
Le Mans Link
Riverside (long layout) Link
Bridgehampton Link
Longford Link
Silverstone Link
Rouen Link
Dundrod Link
Targa Florio Link
Isle of Man Link

Last edited:
Hi bugg66,
Very impressed with the looks, sound and physics of the cars. I do have 1 request.
Would it be possible to make a league edition of these cars, so they're BOP'd.
Right now the Alpha Romeo is falling behind on straight line speed, like on Spa66.
Would be very cool to race these cars online with a LE.

Hi bugg66,
Very impressed with the looks, sound and physics of the cars. I do have 1 request.
Would it be possible to make a league edition of these cars, so they're BOP'd.
Right now the Alpha Romeo is falling behind on straight line speed, like on Spa66.
Would be very cool to race these cars online with a LE.
hi
if someone wonts to BOPd the cars that would be great, at the min i am trying to add other things to it like, Auto Union type c 1937 this one
and a historic version and a tuned version of each car (but i think i can speed the Alfa up bit)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play