Exhaust emissions and engine fire

I've noticed that some cars doesn't have any exhaust smoke. Anyone know how to switch it on? I've tried to compare files with cars that has the smoke but haven't found any relevant differences. Another problem I've encountered is that it's not possible to vertically adjust where a fire appears on a shot engine on some cars (x and y adjustments works fine though).

I've noticed that some cars doesn't have any exhaust smoke. Anyone know how to switch it on? I've tried to compare files with cars that has the smoke but haven't found any relevant differences. Another problem I've encountered is that it's not possible to vertically adjust where a fire appears on a shot engine on some cars (x and y adjustments works fine though).
Example Chevrolet Corvette C2 L88 Coupe:

67008_gto2_corvette.car:
Exhausts=2 // number of outlets, 0-4
ExhaustAmount=0.5 //amount of exhaust, 0.0 - 1.0
Exhaust1=(1.1, -0.17, 0.78) //emitter position (Exhaust1 - Exhaust4)
ExhaustVel1=(2.71, -0.09, 1.37) //Vector of relative velocity in m/s
Exhaust2=(-1.1, -0.17, 0.78) //emitter position (Exhaust1 - Exhaust4)
ExhaustVel2=(-2.71, -0.09, 1.37) //Vector of relative velocity in m/s

chevyl88_v8.eng:
EngineEmission=(0, 0.7000, -2.5000) // where flames and smoke are emitted (relative to ref frame at rear axle)

I hope this helps?

Thanks, man. I had a feeling that it was something obvious that I had missed regarding the exhaust smoke. Turned out the .car files completely lacked that section. As for the engine fires, I think I've found the reason, which is that the 3D models of those cars have a negative body reference plane, making vertical adjustments of the fire placement not working.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.