1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Euro Truck Simulator 2: Logitech G27 Gameplay Video

Discussion in 'Euro Truck Simulator 2' started by Bram, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

View the Post on the Blog

2. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

I was tempted to post about this yesterday since it looked fun...but I just couldn't. :p

Definitely something that could lead to some fun but I don't see anyone (on RD) paying much money for that. :)

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Yes me as well Senad. Don't know what it is but games like this and TDU really fit me :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

You know...there is a possibility to have a very good preview of ETS2. Just look up Scania Truck Driving Simulator. It uses the same engine and features but it is focused on one model of truck. It also has a pretty decent free roaming map. I bought it a while back and despite its smaller setup it gives a very good impression of how ETS2 will be, especially when using the clutch and h-shifter. You even can download custom gearbox configs so that you will have the choice of high and low gearing. Awesome stuff!!! Check it out...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

I just finished 2 hours Scania Truck Driving Simulator for the first time. It's not a Corvette but its a lot fun and time flies when.....

6. Yay! Czech Republic :p

7. Several Truck Sims on Amazon http://goo.gl/kZnWD I very nearly bought the Scania one yesterday while looking for info on ETS2. I've just noticed UKTS which being as I'm from the UK would be good. Anybody tried Trucks & Trailers, UK Truck Simulator & The Scania one, if so is there much difference?, I was waiting to buy ETS2 but I might go for one of the others.

I see this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Excalibur-Video-games-publishing-Trailers/dp/B0051NPN0I/ref=pd_sim_vg_h__2 says it uses the ETS2 Engine.

Do the Euro ones purely cover Euro mainland or do they also cover driving to or in the UK?

8. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Beware before you buy though. Trucks & Trailers has no free roaming. It only offers various challenges where you have to park/ manouver a trailer. As for ukts and ets1, they both use the old engine and although they are fun to play, you will have the most immersion with scania truck sim. Besides free roam there are a lot of very difficult challenges to sink your teeth in. It also has far superiour support for the most modern controllers. And although the scenery may not be the uk, there is right hand drive truck.

• Like Like x 1
  9. THRS_F

THRS_F
    @ Simberia @Simberia

i'm loving lorry's :), this is a day one buy for me :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. magicfr

magicfr
    www.ivory-tower.fr

I tried the demo, I thought it could be fun to pretend to be a trucker.
    But this game don't support multiple controller.I have a DFP wheel with not pedals, and stand alone CSR Elite pedals.
    Now way to play, that's sad, I think I would have bought this game :(

11. Scania was the second game I tried right after buying G27. Euro Truck Simulator should be pretty cool ))

12. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Actually since version 1.3 it does...So perhaps it's worth another shot.

13. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Looks very cool! It seems to wake up the child in me. :) Once there's a free demo out, I'll give it a go. (Even though I'm used to F1 cars :) )

14. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

Which of these simulators support separate pedals? Does anyone know? Is there maybe a way to use separate pedals with some third party utility? I would have to completely rebuild my setup to use my wheel and pedals together.

15. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

I was mega addicted to the first one. and 18 wheels etc before that :)

16. kwik-kiwi

kwik-kiwi
    Premium Member

Looks great :thumbsup: