1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

[EU] GT Academy Announced

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by Tim Brook, Feb 15, 2011.

1. They forgot a little spot on the European map!
    Belgium isn't good enough for them!?

Instead of making it Netherlands & Belgium...
    Every single country around us is selected (ok, except Luxembourg)
    Should've change it to BeNeLux

2. Excellent, I'm definately up for that, especially after I missed going through to the next round of the Sig Edition SLS AMG Comp by 2 places! (0:00.001 ! Argh! lol)

3. Nice, good luck guys!

I expect to see some high ranking RD drivers on that list! hehe

4. Awesome! Does anyone else here do the other seasonal time trial events? The top guys are insanely fast.

5. Not me. I wouldn't even come close to posting a time near those guys. I've never learnt how to drift either, so the races are the only part I do.

6. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Looks fun, will give it a go, but am not expecting to be anywhere near the top guys! :)

7. yea having a crack at tt7 tsukuba.......... currently 33rd

8. This Seasonal is my first as I hate car set ups. I was 1 place behind Mr Diesel ^ before the patch.

Looking forward to this though, hopefully its stock cars only

9. yea im really gonna drill alot of time into the GT5A

10. About those seasonal event time trials that we get. Do credits and award points get given for those at a later date, or are they just for the glory? I got a top 20 in one of the earlier ones, but haven't recieved a thing for it.

11. It's all just for glory IIRC.

I know in the American one that a lot of the quick guys were, lets say "breaking the RD cutting rule" ;)

12. Right, well GT Academy EU is Now Live!
    You have from Now untill April 17th to Register and get your times in!
    After April 17th the Top 20 Drivers in each region will move forward to their respective national finals.

This First round you are driving a Stock Nissan 370Z around Eifel (Circuit) 103A.

To Register, head on over to the Official Site - http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/academy/2011/

13. It's worth registering and putting in a couple of laps, even if you have no chance of winning. You'll be given a free car for your efforts. It's a Nissan GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Special)... essentially a GT-R in the GT5 'Stealth Edition' livery.

After two laps, I placed 235th in the UK. Yes!

14. Yea, got my GT-R, I'm 68th atm :D or atleast was 15 mins ago! lol

[edit] Heres the New GT-R Academy Special for anyone who cares:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fully Tuned it's a bit of a Beast!:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. I'm placed 13th in Holland atm..

16. Nice pics there Rob. :good:

Congrats Johan! Now you just have to hold it for a week and a half. :wink:

17. Its a tough competition, i was in the top 20 for UK for a bit then dropped way down, its looking like the top 20 in each region times will be slipping into the 2.17 area, i know i can't do that without spending my life on the game so i'l probably not bother with this competition, i might find some time to play as i think its perfectly possible to go under 2.19, its just finding time after that is where its difficult, thats when you need to start finding time in naughty ways, like cutting the grass or freak luck.

18. I would so love to do this but I am to young for this. :(

19. The car control of the guys at the top really is off-the-chart. I just don't know how they get on the power so early, or how they get their direction change without losing momentum in a drift. They're into the 1:16's now, 3 seconds faster than my perfect lap. There's no "one corner" where they're taking that time either. It's just a tenth here, a tenth there. Perfection. Is anyone here still having a real go at this?