1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Eric Plimmer 1959 - 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Simon Gardner, Dec 23, 2011.

  1. Some of you may remember Eric Plimmer, a club event regular thoughout 2010 and early 2011 who also competed in RDTCC season 6 with Over Rev Racing (below) and was often on teamspeak.

    It is with great regret that I must inform you that Eric lost his battle with cancer on Wednesday 21st December.
    Rest In Peace friend,
    [​IMG]
     
  2. My condolences to his family and friends.

    May he be with a wheel and screen in his final resting place.

    RIP Eric Plimmer
     
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Reggie Blain

    Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

    I am so sad about this news:(

    A true gentleman on & of track. Always a pleasure racing and chatting with u Mr Plimmer.

    RIP Eric, We will always follow your line
     
  4. Very sad news :(
    My condolences to his family and friends.
     
  5. Raced with him a couple of times a long time ago, sad to hear. Condolences to the family and everyone here who knew him well.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  6. He will be missed greatly. A true gentleman on and off track (as already mentioned). RIP Eric. Enjoy the great race track in the sky.
     
  7. Rest in Peace mate :( we miss you
     
  8. Xosé Estrada

    Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

    RD will miss you, thanks for your time and personal contribution to this community, we feel honoured from having you here.

    We have linked this thread on the frontpage so everybody can show thier condolences to the family and friends.
     
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Roy Magnes

    Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff

    Harsh to see them go this young. Another one who will be missed by the RD-community :(
     
  10. RIP Eric =(
     
  11. Bram

    Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

    RIP Eric :( All strength to his relatives and close friends!

    Thanks Xose for the ribbon on the frontpage.
     
  12. RIP Eric! My condolences to his family and friends!
     
  13. My thoughts are with Eric's family and friends. A true gentleman... I wish I could have raced against him more.
     
  14. Earlier today I put this on my FB-page:

    For obvious reasons I would like to ask all my friends, even if it's just for an hour, to put this on your FB-page. Just as a reminder to someone you know and/or love who had cancer. My wish for 2012 is that a cure will be found. Put this on your page to honor them who are still fighting this terrible disease and them who sadly have lost that fight. Someone who has cancer just has one dream ... to beat it and be cured. Maybe 97% won't copy this, but I hope my friends belong to those remaining 3%. Just for an hour .... out of respect. And for all those people who have to miss their friends and loved ones at this Christmas-time ..... just know, they will always be with you if you want them to be!

    I never raced with Eric but I lost my father to this terrible disease. So I can imagine what he went thru and how he will be missed by his family and friends, especially in times like these. RIP Eric ... and strength to his family and friends.
     
  15. RIP Eric Plimmer :(
     
  16. Rest In Peace Eric! :(
     
  17. My condolences to his family and friends.

    I didn't knew him, but it's always sad when a person loses his battle against the demon that cancer is.

    I'm sure we will be missed.

    RIP Eric.
     
  18. I only "know" Eric from watching the season 6 RDTCC highlights on YouTube but I really feel for his family and friends. I lost my mother in cancer when I was 7 so I can imagine how they must feel.

    My condolences to hiw family and friends.

    RIP Eric. May there be a wheel, screen and great racing among the clouds.
     
  19. Jimi Hughes

    Jimi Hughes
    RDMCC S6 Champion

    RIP Eric. Our thoughts are with your family and friends at this difficult time.
     
  20. Hans Sneep

    Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

    RIP Eric, My condolences to his family and friends..