Enter The Forest | Photo Book Project

Hey everyone,

I am a simracer, modder and also a passionate analog photographer. I dont know if anyone here likes the forest as I do, but I give it a try. :)

For my forest book project I made a crowdfunding campaign that reached its main goal already due to the help of people sharing and supporting it. It still runs until this friday (~2days) to further reduce the costs such a project requires.

Here are a few example photos that are in the book:
Alexandre_Miguel_Maia_2015_Roll_081_13.jpg
Alexandre_Miguel_Maia_2015_Roll_081_16.jpg
Alexandre_Miguel_Maia_2015_Roll_091_03.jpg
Alexandre_Miguel_Maia_2016_Roll_092_03.jpg
Alexandre_Miguel_Maia_2020_Roll_102_01.jpg

You can check out the project here

I hope you like it and I really appreciate any support from you.

Kind regards
Alex

That is great @Bram Hengeveld glad you like the photos! I also love cycling as well and do it daily. But not in such a great track as you are cycling with your group. I can feel the total freedom when cycling on my bike, moving with your own pedal power. Even have a bike where I can also cycle with my arms and legs at the same time. Basically 2 wheels drive :laugh:

Two brothers developed the bike and I supported them on their crowdfunding. I always wanted a way to naturally train my upper body more to help back back problems and had ideas in my head that the cycling with the bike to work could make that possible. Then I stumbled over their campaign. Its great as the bike do not have so many custom parts and can be repaired pretty good. Basically you have a front wheel with the casette at the front. A custom fork and handlebar and a rest for your chest to bring power on the front wheel with your arms. Here you can see a photo from me and the bike. Here you can read more about the bike and see videos: https://twicycle.com/

DSC08607.jpg

I always love to ride that bike in the summer time as the acceleration is awesome and overall you can be pretty quick. Was curios how it handles but was amazed how good you can get used to cycle with it. You can just use your arms or just your legs or both together. Change the gear for each to match your current power level. But you need to be even more carefull as you are faster than many expect you to be :D

Alexandre,

We received our copy of Enter the Forest earlier this week. Your photographic talent is exceptional and the book is a work of art we are proud to have in our home.

We wish you all the best with your future projects.

Vielen dank!
Chris

Thanks a lot Chris for supporting the book project through the crowdfunding campaign and your very kind words. It really makes me very happy that you enjoy the photos and like the book and that you are proud to have it. You are one of the very few people in US to have a copy of the book. I hope you also liked the postcard set.

Before your post here I did not realise that you where a fellow simracer. That is great that we share the same hobby. :)

The postcards are too nice to put in the mail! We are thinking about framing them for the bathroom.

Again, beautiful art and fresh design.

Sim racing and particularly Race Department is such a welcoming and supportive community which breaks down borders and other barriers.

Or you can use them for some special occasions to write friends. But hanging them on the wall in small frames is acually a nice idea :thumbsup:

You are right. Through simracing I met a lot of nice and like minded people I otherwise would have never met!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.