F1 2013 Engine wear in F1 2013

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
I just started my career yesterday with Lotus and finished Australian GP but when i checked the Engine wear it was already Showing 92% life which means 8% is used for 1st race. I used Rich only in Q3. I was P3 in Grid and finished P5.
In 2012 Game the Engine wear is a bit high but not this extreme. Any body else felt that Engine Power is getting decreased Dramatically?
I drive only 100% races and Full race weekend. No Assists with G27 Wheel.

Bear in mind that I am not doing 100% races, I am going to do that in the 2nd season. However I am assuming that they scale the wear rate correctly.

I can't remember where I made the engine changes.

Engine 1 = 88%
Engine 2 = 92%
Engine 3 = 94% <<--- Currently in FP @ Singapore

I'll probably change the engine after this race.

That's part of the annoying thing about losing FP1, and FP2. There is less freedom to swap engines for practice, because you lose the rest of the session, but we only have one session. OK I do it in the last minute, but you can't put an old one in, then put a better one back later, at the same track.

currently in Indian gp and im on my 4th engine.
First engine 7 races - 75%
Second engine 4 races - 84%
third engine 4 races - 85%
This is 100% race distance full weekend
10-15 laps on practice
5-10 laps qualifying

Last edited:
I just started my career yesterday with Lotus and finished Australian GP but when i checked the Engine wear it was already Showing 92% life which means 8% is used for 1st race. I used Rich only in Q3. I was P3 in Grid and finished P5.
In 2012 Game the Engine wear is a bit high but not this extreme. Any body else felt that Engine Power is getting decreased Dramatically?
I drive only 100% races and Full race weekend. No Assists with G27 Wheel.
i i like it deffentley better than last year ive just used true to life mod had to restart season because my file came corrupt for no reason and after 1st race only 98 percent so i think im just going to use normal database with the engine wear like that it makes it better in mky oponion cause wen it comes to end of season u have to start looking after them

Bear in mind that I am not doing 100% races, I am going to do that in the 2nd season. However I am assuming that they scale the wear rate correctly.

I can't remember where I made the engine changes.

Engine 1 = 88%
Engine 2 = 92%
Engine 3 = 94% <<--- Currently in FP @ Singapore

I'll probably change the engine after this race.

That's part of the annoying thing about losing FP1, and FP2. There is less freedom to swap engines for practice, because you lose the rest of the session, but we only have one session. OK I do it in the last minute, but you can't put an old one in, then put a better one back later, at the same track.
i no ur engineer should ask u before the race weekend if u want a fresh eng for practice or old one but codies havent got the brains to think about stuff like this

I made a general guide for engine usage a long time ago, if anyone is interested.
Each engine will only do a maximum of 3 races. Some will only do two. Fresh engines are chosen for specific tracks, like Spa and Monza.

The game seems to have it's own engine usage program, but if you change engines at the end of FP3 then it'll be fine.

Attachments

• Career Engine Usage.xlsx
    9 KB · Views: 548

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back