1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine wear in F1 2013

Discussion in 'F1 2013 - The Game' started by Kartik Sri Harsha, Oct 21, 2013.

1. I just started my career yesterday with Lotus and finished Australian GP but when i checked the Engine wear it was already Showing 92% life which means 8% is used for 1st race. I used Rich only in Q3. I was P3 in Grid and finished P5.
    In 2012 Game the Engine wear is a bit high but not this extreme. Any body else felt that Engine Power is getting decreased Dramatically?
    I drive only 100% races and Full race weekend. No Assists with G27 Wheel.

2. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

It seems to be a 'start of the season' thing.

I noticed this at the beginning, but I think R&D helps to alleviate it. Now I am at Singapore and only on my 3rd engine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I've just had an R&D upgrade in my Career Rd3 and it reduced engine wear by 10%. Still, thinking ahead to Suzuka, management will be crucial...

4. Glad to hear. Can you tell us how much Wear is there on your Used Engines?

5. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Bear in mind that I am not doing 100% races, I am going to do that in the 2nd season. However I am assuming that they scale the wear rate correctly.

I can't remember where I made the engine changes.

Engine 1 = 88%
    Engine 2 = 92%
    Engine 3 = 94% <<--- Currently in FP @ Singapore

I'll probably change the engine after this race.

That's part of the annoying thing about losing FP1, and FP2. There is less freedom to swap engines for practice, because you lose the rest of the session, but we only have one session. OK I do it in the last minute, but you can't put an old one in, then put a better one back later, at the same track.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. @Graham Laing From the previous titles they didn't scaled the engine wear as far as i know mate. So i believe the 100% uses a lot more. I haven't tested it in Less Distance races in 2013.

7. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

I think there must be some scaling, I swear I changed the 1st engine after 2 grand pix.

Whether it's scaled properly is another matter :)

8. Ok thanks for the Info i will test it and get back to you about this very soon.

• Like Like x 1
  9. im glad its got better engine wear on 2012 u could do a full season on 3 engs and the lowest one was only 92 percent so im glad its better this year

10. OMG! Thats also annoying me, i did 1st race in season 1.
    but my god i have to change engine in sepang

11. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

I'm curious if it's possible to start shifting quickly again, much like in F1 2011. In 2012 that led to engines blowing up quickly.

Tom

12. Are you sure you're not overrevving your engine excessively or use engine braking too much?
    After the first weekend my first engine was still at something around 95%, so that's definitely down to the driving style and not some engine upgrades.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I dont know anything i have a bug when perc ferme rules apply my engine starting to wear more and more

14. I'm driving safely in career and my engine wears similar like ENDR.;)
    About quick down-shifting, using it online and no problems with anything. Don't know if engine can blow up online...:unsure:

15. It can blow up online maybe dont know much about online racing

16. currently in Indian gp and im on my 4th engine.
    First engine 7 races - 75%
    Second engine 4 races - 84%
    third engine 4 races - 85%
    This is 100% race distance full weekend
    10-15 laps on practice
    5-10 laps qualifying

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  17. ham2007

ham2007
    @ Simberia @Simberia

i i like it deffentley better than last year ive just used true to life mod had to restart season because my file came corrupt for no reason and after 1st race only 98 percent so i think im just going to use normal database with the engine wear like that it makes it better in mky oponion cause wen it comes to end of season u have to start looking after them

18. ham2007

ham2007
    @ Simberia @Simberia

i no ur engineer should ask u before the race weekend if u want a fresh eng for practice or old one but codies havent got the brains to think about stuff like this

19. After long time i was able to finish my 2nd race too.
    I felt the wear is higher than 2012 but the performance drop was not that much compared to 12.
    Do any body felt like that?

20. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

I made a general guide for engine usage a long time ago, if anyone is interested.
    Each engine will only do a maximum of 3 races. Some will only do two. Fresh engines are chosen for specific tracks, like Spa and Monza.

The game seems to have it's own engine usage program, but if you change engines at the end of FP3 then it'll be fine.

Attached Files: