engine-crane

Apps engine-crane 0.3.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi
I'm having the following problem:
When I try to swap into any car (doesn't matter if its modded or original car) I get the following error: No engine found with the uuid FAFADD0746DCCC93BED7DA9E931B8883
i have no idea why, everything is original and up to date, and worked perfectly lika 2 months ago.
Any idea how to fix this?
Thanks for the help in advance!
Hi, sorry for the late response - I've been busy with work recently

This can happen when you don't have the engine data in Automation anymore (deleted for example) but still have the BeamNG mod available. It's a flaw in the process at the moment as it needs both sets of data to perform the swap and gives this cryptic error. I'm hoping to address this with an update to allow you to create "crate engines" which should allow you to re-use engines repeatedly without needing the data from Automation/BeamNG each time.

Alternatively it could be due to the latest beta version of Automation not working correctly - I've not been able to get the exporter to work without crashing yet so haven't been able to test it yet but will be updating the app as soon as it starts working for me. In this case downgrading from the beta version should resolve the issue in the short-term

Hi, sorry for the late response - I've been busy with work recently

This can happen when you don't have the engine data in Automation anymore (deleted for example) but still have the BeamNG mod available. It's a flaw in the process at the moment as it needs both sets of data to perform the swap and gives this cryptic error. I'm hoping to address this with an update to allow you to create "crate engines" which should allow you to re-use engines repeatedly without needing the data from Automation/BeamNG each time.

Alternatively it could be due to the latest beta version of Automation not working correctly - I've not been able to get the exporter to work without crashing yet so haven't been able to test it yet but will be updating the app as soon as it starts working for me. In this case downgrading from the beta version should resolve the issue in the short-term
I tried out with the latest version of Automation (not beta) and its working fine
Thank you for your help!
Also great addition with the latest update.

Hey, Engine Crane is crashing on me when trying to swap an engine into any car.
Not sure exactly what could be causing it, but i haven't used the tool in a while.
File attached is the log.
Btw, it crashes without warning, so no warnings or anything (if there are meant to be any)

Attachments

• engine_crane.txt
    28.5 KB · Views: 33
Hey, Engine Crane is crashing on me when trying to swap an engine into any car.
Not sure exactly what could be causing it, but i haven't used the tool in a while.
File attached is the log.
Btw, it crashes without warning, so no warnings or anything (if there are meant to be any)
Hi, thanks for the log output

I'm not certain but going from the version number being reported it looks like it may be because it's not yet compatible with the Automation Ellisbury update (currently an opt-in beta in Steam) - are you using that version of Automation?

If so I'm currently updating the tool to work with that as we speak; finally managed to get my Ellisbury version of Automation to export without crashing last night so can start looking at it

Hi, thanks for the log output

I'm not certain but going from the version number being reported it looks like it may be because it's not yet compatible with the Automation Ellisbury update (currently an opt-in beta in Steam) - are you using that version of Automation?

If so I'm currently updating the tool to work with that as we speak; finally managed to get my Ellisbury version of Automation to export without crashing last night so can start looking at it
Yep, currently on that version. Thanks, looking forward to it!
dock.jpg

I tried out with the latest version of Automation (not beta) and its working fine
Thank you for your help!
Also great addition with the latest update.
Yep, currently on that version. Thanks, looking forward to it!View attachment 714303
I'm hoping the latest update (0.2.2) has got it working with the Ellisbury update - the dog pic motivated me to get it done :)

I've had a bunch of issues with Automation with the Ellisbury update myself so my testing has been limited; let me know if you encounter any issues and I'll try to sort them

I'm hoping the latest update (0.2.2) has got it working with the Ellisbury update - the dog pic motivated me to get it done :)

I've had a bunch of issues with Automation with the Ellisbury update myself so my testing has been limited; let me know if you encounter any issues and I'll try to sort them
Yep, that seems to have done the job.
Was going to send another dog picture but then i realized that i had no other ones :(

Yep, that seems to have done the job.
Was going to send another dog picture but then i realized that i had no other ones :(
Shame there's no more dog pics but I won't hold it against you :)

I've done a bit more testing on it and it seems that "60% of the time; it works everytime"

I've worked out a few cases where it can still fail randomly - it will just exit in these cases - am tidying those up now and should have another version out later this evening or tomorrow morning

For some reason it crashes now. Dunno what it is. I have a log though.
Looks like something about the mod being Turbo car is causing an issue; there may be something different in the new Automation version on this front.

I'll try out a few configs tomorrow and see if I can reproduce the issue

Thought it would make sense to share it here, so if anyone is interested in seeing the power of this tool, go check my challenge out!

Thought it would make sense to share it here, so if anyone is interested in seeing the power of this tool, go check my challenge out!
May give this a go once I've got the code finished for engine-crane 0.3 :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%