EnduRacers Endurance Series Mod DX11 Previews... Update Upcoming

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 Enduracers DX11 Preview 5.jpg

The EnduRacers Modding Team confirm a new update for the excellent Endurance Series 1.00 and Flat 6 Series mod is on the way, with DX11 specific graphics improvements and some physics changes too...

When Studio 397 released the big DX11 / VR update for rFactor 2 many of the simulations current third party mod teams found themselves with some work to do to bring their modifications up to the quality of the new game build. Studio 397 have been releasing updated content in quick succession since the release and the community haven't been far behind, working hard behind the scenes to get a wide selection of current rFactor 2 mods up to spec and shipped to out for the general public to enjoy at it's maximum potential following the excellent major update to rFactor 2.

With one of the highest regarded mods on the simulation, the EnduRacers Modding Team have confirmed both the Endurance Series 1.00 prototype and GT mod and the incredible Flat 6 Series add on car pack are being worked on at present, with a release pencilled in for the not too distant future.

As work progresses the mod team have seen fit to release some beautiful looking previews from a selection of cars that form part of the Endurance Series mod, and oh boy do they look good! As an additional bonus, the team have also confirmed some physics updates will be coming to the mods in the form of corrected inertia values, which should make a pleasant change to the handling characteristics for a number of the cars.

You can read the announcement post by EnduRacers below, and don't forget to check out the preview images attached to this article!

"Dear community,

We would like the confirm you that we will be releasing in the upcoming weeks a new build update of our MODs, Endurance Series rF2 and Flat6 Series rF2, linked to the release of the rFactor2 DX11 first build and the fact that our shaders are not working correctly on DX11. The new builds will include the following changes :
  • Graphics : Updated bodywork shader....
  • Graphics : Updated dashboard display devices shader.
  • Physics : Correction of cars inertia values."
No exact release date has been confirmed by the modding team, however stay tuned to RaceDepartment for the latest news as and when it becomes available!

rFactor 2 is developed by experienced sim racer Marcel Offermans and his Studio 397 development studio. The game is available exclusively for PC via the Steam network.

rFactor 2 Enduracers DX11 Preview 2.jpg
rFactor 2 Enduracers DX11 Preview 3.jpg
rFactor 2 Enduracers DX11 Preview 4.jpg
rFactor 2 Enduracers DX11 Preview 6.jpg
rFactor 2 Enduracers DX11 Preview 7.jpg
rFactor 2 Enduracers DX11 Preview 1.jpg

rFactor 2 at RaceDepartment go hand in hand. To celebrate the recent DX11 and VR update we have re opened our popular online Racing Club, and so far the grids have been full and the racing first class! If you want to get yourself in on the action and find out what you've been missing then check out our rFactor 2 Clubs and Leagues sub forum and sign yourself up for a race today! Because rFactor 2 is arguably the flagship racing sim, we have chosen the software to host our RDLMS by Vesaro endurance league, using the Enduracers Endurance Series Mod mentioned in this article. Check out the RDLMS sub forum for more news on the series.

Looking forward to the new update for the Enduracers mod? Do you like the graphics produced by the DX11 update? Looking forward to seeing what changes the talented Enduracers team have in store? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Good stuff.
Hopefully performance will be on par with other mods, it has been nice enough since the last build though.

Also interested in the physics updates. The models are very well detailed so each step to proper physics is heading towards perfection imo.

Hi,
I'm just curious as to which part of the game you think is a mess?
My educated guess is that it's about the UI. That's the only thing that let RF2 looks like a framework instead of a sim race game. But with the upcoming UI update they going to fix that as well. Great to see Studio 397 RF2 kicking back alive as it looks it was dying under ISI. And great to see one of the greatest mods being updated to DX11. Hopefully it brings more great mod makers back to active for RF2!

I'm wondering if they change something on the allegedly messed up physics/tyres.

I think that was one of the biggest issues pointed out,so that seems like a good patch note, although I still dont understand why their tyres increase in grip on and over the edge, unless they've changed that already, could be a work around for no CPM tyres,which again they could of changed havnt tried this one for a bit, will do after update though.

Hi,
I'm just curious as to which part of the game you think is a mess?
I don't mean this to be rude, I'm just asking a question.
Thanks,
Sam

Like everywhere graphically? Bad car models, subpar track modelling. Lack of polish everywhere from UI to 3D, sounds and modding. Zero incentive to play. If it wasn't for the nice physics, there wouldn't be nothing else about it.

If you enjoy an unpolished messy game, great for you, but I really regret putting my money on this game back in 2014. Almost nothing changed and it never picked up modding-wise. At this point, 5 years in the wild with almost zero development in the mean time, unless a miracle happen there's isn't much hope for rF2.

And believe me, I would love to see that miracle happen. I wouldn't root against something I've paid for and that truly had potential. It's sad that rF2 was never (almost) fully realized like rF1.

Like everywhere graphically? Bad car models, subpar track modelling. Lack of polish everywhere from UI to 3D, sounds and modding. Zero incentive to play. If it wasn't for the nice physics, there wouldn't be nothing else about it.

If you enjoy an unpolished messy game, great for you, but I really regret putting my money on this game back in 2014. Almost nothing changed and it never picked up modding-wise. At this point, 5 years in the wild with almost zero development in the mean time, unless a miracle happen there's isn't much hope for rF2.

And believe me, I would love to see that miracle happen. I wouldn't root against something I've paid for and that truly had potential. It's sad that rF2 was never (almost) fully realized like rF1.
I respect your opinion, In fact i respect everyone's opinion. People are entitled to them. i was just curious as to what you thought was wrong with rFactor 2, No need to rate my post "Haha"... Wasn't really anything funny about it.

I respect your opinion, In fact i respect everyone's opinion. People are entitled to them. i was just curious as to what you thought was wrong with rFactor 2, No need to rate my post "Haha"... Wasn't really anything funny about it.

Sorry, but it was funny. Most fans would just flip out with my opinion about rF2. So it's funny to see someone not being a dick in the sim community these days.

Either way, you sure earned my respect.

Well, frankly, no reason to stick around with rF2 if you judge 90% of the sim based on graphics, it will never compete in graphics with pCars or pCars 2, because that isn't their number one focus. With the same logic, I can judge pCars and Assetto as a mess, because their physics and AI are all over the place. But the truth is that both are good products, it's just that different sims have different strengths. There is no sim that is 100% in every category.

Well, frankly, no reason to stick around with rF2 if you judge 90% of the sim based on graphics, it will never compete in graphics with pCars or pCars 2, because that isn't their number one focus. With the same logic, I can judge pCars and Assetto as a mess, because their physics and AI are all over the place. But the truth is that both are good products, it's just that different sims have different strengths. There is no sim that is 100% in every category.

Sorry, man, but graphics are very important. Otherwise, why bother releasing a new game? Just stick with rF1 in this case. It's a great game and, surprisingly, still easy on the eyes. Just check Automobilista. PCars and AC have messy bits and other issues - I'm not a fan of either, anyway - but they sure feel finished and not like an alpha build that is rF2.

And this argument about either having graphics or physics is just silly. Grand Prix 2 was astonishing to look at, back in 1996, and it also had an amazing physics engine for the time. Same can be said about GP3. Papyrus' Indianapolis 500 and the 1993 Indycar game were another great examples. There are others, I'm sure someone else will recollect.

This is only my opinion but i think the tracks for Rfactor 2 are of very good quality,full of atmosphere etc,also since dx11 i think the sim as a whole looks very good.I currently spend time with AC ,AMS, AND RF2 AND GTR2,to be fair love them all :}}}}ooops i forgot to add,the ai in RF2 is very good.......

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back