1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

editing difficulty

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by David Hester, Sep 20, 2012.

1. David Hester

David Hester

Ratings:
    +63
    The title says it all. Im not a good of a sim driver as most but i notice the ai has amped from last year and I quite cant run on professional like last year. I've tried intermediate but its too easy. Is there a way to edit in the database to put one of those difficulties in between the two? All in all I LOVE it more than last years title

2. Petar Tasev

Petar Tasev
    Ryder25

Ratings:
    +423
    I haven't tested this but in the database there is a table called track_difficulties that may come in useful.

(New RDE up btw)

• Like Like x 1
  3. David Hester

David Hester

Ratings:
    +63
    Thank you Ryder. I actually played around with that table and that does it. Really tightened things up. Its a WIP to get it fine tuned but it does work

4. Sigurd

Sigurd

Ratings:
    +5
    I fall in the same boat. Intermediate is a bit easy (can win with slower teams). Professional is still a bit tough. I guess I need to suck it up and get better lol.

5. Pashalis Gergis

Pashalis Gergis

Ratings:
    +146
    Seriously what the hell guys, the AI is so weak even in Legend difficulty. I got pole with Caterham in Bahrain. Is anyone working on a new AI mod that could make them somewhat faster? Or can I do that myself?

6. Sigurd

Sigurd

Ratings:
    +5
    Sounds like you need to be in a car not playing at one. :p

• Like Like x 2
  7. Pashalis Gergis

Pashalis Gergis

Ratings:
    +146
    Nah I'm not acting the pro, some guys have already moaned about it mate.

8. David Hester

David Hester

Ratings:
    +63
    I love how every year someone complains about the ai being so slow. Well the way I figure you need to call up Red Bull and tell them you are way better than vettel ever thought about being and you should drive :) I mean seriously, I think we should play the game to your specific liking.

9. samletigre

samletigre

Ratings:
    +217
    What are the effect when you change a thing in the track_difficulties table ?

10. David Hester

David Hester

Ratings:
    +63
    It actually makes the ai faster so you don't have such big gap in speed between the difficulties. For example, if you're intermediate difficultly instead of the ai being 1.5 to 2 seconds slower you can now tighten it up where the 10 cars could be within 1.5 seconds of each other.

11. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r

Ratings:
    +1,491
    One guy did a 1:24 already on Singapore, while 3rd place on that leaderboard was 1:40something... Those are the types of guys that will complain about legend being too easy.

But you know what they say - programmers can't cater for Aliens as well :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. David Hester

David Hester

Ratings:
    +63
    But I have edited the database on mine and I must say I'm very happy. It's not too easy and there is a bit of a challenge but at the same time I'm not getting blown away

13. samletigre

samletigre

Ratings:
    +217
    what do you change in the table TRACK_DIFFICULTIES for that the ai be more faster ?

14. Pashalis Gergis

Pashalis Gergis

Ratings:
    +146
    From what I understand changing track_difficulties just brings AI closer to each other it does NOT make them faster. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

P.S Should I post my pole at Hungary with Marussia or not? ;)

15. Pashalis Gergis

Pashalis Gergis

Ratings:
    +146

Why there should always be a guy trolling though? C'mon if you can't be as fast as others at least accept it, I only asked for help, not your comments.

16. David Hester

David Hester

Ratings:
    +63
    Make the value higher under the difficulty you use.

17. David Hester

David Hester

Ratings:
    +63
    First,I'm not trolling. Second, Ill admit that I'm not as fast as the others and I doesn't really bother me. Third, it just cracks me up when people brag how fast they are in a GAME!! Then talk down to someone who isn't as fast as them. That's all I'm saying

18. Pashalis Gergis

Pashalis Gergis

Ratings:
    +146
    That's the point, I did not poze my skills or whatsoever, I just saw your topic asking for difficulty editing and I posted my story, and I defined that I did not want to cause any mess with my post. You got it wrong ;)

19. David Hester

David Hester

Ratings:
    +63
    Ok, I apologize that I took it the wrong way and you are one of the rare ones that don't brag and don't know why they don't have a contract yet :)

20. Pashalis Gergis

Pashalis Gergis

Ratings:
    +146
    Well forget it mate, we can't have a proper discussion. Have a good night.