1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

editing difficulty

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by David Hester, Sep 20, 2012.

1. The title says it all. Im not a good of a sim driver as most but i notice the ai has amped from last year and I quite cant run on professional like last year. I've tried intermediate but its too easy. Is there a way to edit in the database to put one of those difficulties in between the two? All in all I LOVE it more than last years title

2. Petar Tasev

Petar Tasev
    Ryder25

I haven't tested this but in the database there is a table called track_difficulties that may come in useful.

(New RDE up btw)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you Ryder. I actually played around with that table and that does it. Really tightened things up. Its a WIP to get it fine tuned but it does work

4. I fall in the same boat. Intermediate is a bit easy (can win with slower teams). Professional is still a bit tough. I guess I need to suck it up and get better lol.

5. Seriously what the hell guys, the AI is so weak even in Legend difficulty. I got pole with Caterham in Bahrain. Is anyone working on a new AI mod that could make them somewhat faster? Or can I do that myself?

6. Sounds like you need to be in a car not playing at one. :p

• Like Like x 2
  7. Nah I'm not acting the pro, some guys have already moaned about it mate.

8. I love how every year someone complains about the ai being so slow. Well the way I figure you need to call up Red Bull and tell them you are way better than vettel ever thought about being and you should drive :) I mean seriously, I think we should play the game to your specific liking.

9. What are the effect when you change a thing in the track_difficulties table ?

10. It actually makes the ai faster so you don't have such big gap in speed between the difficulties. For example, if you're intermediate difficultly instead of the ai being 1.5 to 2 seconds slower you can now tighten it up where the 10 cars could be within 1.5 seconds of each other.

11. One guy did a 1:24 already on Singapore, while 3rd place on that leaderboard was 1:40something... Those are the types of guys that will complain about legend being too easy.

But you know what they say - programmers can't cater for Aliens as well :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. But I have edited the database on mine and I must say I'm very happy. It's not too easy and there is a bit of a challenge but at the same time I'm not getting blown away

13. what do you change in the table TRACK_DIFFICULTIES for that the ai be more faster ?

14. From what I understand changing track_difficulties just brings AI closer to each other it does NOT make them faster. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

P.S Should I post my pole at Hungary with Marussia or not? ;)

15. Why there should always be a guy trolling though? C'mon if you can't be as fast as others at least accept it, I only asked for help, not your comments.

16. Make the value higher under the difficulty you use.

17. First,I'm not trolling. Second, Ill admit that I'm not as fast as the others and I doesn't really bother me. Third, it just cracks me up when people brag how fast they are in a GAME!! Then talk down to someone who isn't as fast as them. That's all I'm saying

18. That's the point, I did not poze my skills or whatsoever, I just saw your topic asking for difficulty editing and I posted my story, and I defined that I did not want to cause any mess with my post. You got it wrong ;)

19. Ok, I apologize that I took it the wrong way and you are one of the rare ones that don't brag and don't know why they don't have a contract yet :)

20. Well forget it mate, we can't have a proper discussion. Have a good night.