1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edit force-feedback?

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Frank Alexandre da Silva, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Is this possible? If i turn on enviroment effect i get some strange canned vibration all the time. If i turned it to 0% its much better but i lost the kerbs effect. To make it clear, is it possible to turn all the enviroment effect to 0 but still keep the kerbs effect?
  2. I was wondering the same, but now you mention it i only started to get this weird horrible vibration in my wheel when i did turn this up, the feedback isn't even strong but the vibration is, it's very off-putting when racing especially going through corners.

Im still experimenting but if i find a set up good enough i'll let you know.
  3. There's a file effectsetup.xml at the force-feedback folder. I edited some lines but i dont know if it will have a effect in game. I'm at work now and cant test but the lines are.
    <!-- Surface vibrations
    Describes grip and effect if car is travellinng over a specific surface. Sample freq is scaled with speed.
    scale= effect scale
    name= surface name to play effect over
    grip= multiplier of tyre forces over the surface
    thresholdLow= lower travelling speed threshold in m/s to scale effect in between
    thresholdHigh= higher travelling speed threshold in m/s to scale effect in between
    freqLow= Freq range low
    freqHigh= Freq renge high
    scaleLow= envelope scale low
    scaleHigh= envelope scale high
    length= sample length
    sample= name of sample to play-->

<FFBSurface scale="0.10" name="TARMAC" grip="1.0" thresholdLow="6.0" thresholdHigh="10.0" freqLow="0.0" freqHigh="0.0" scaleLow="0.0" scaleHigh="1.0" length="0.1" sample="tarmac"/>