• Little Aussie Racing Cars: For when three-wide around a hairpin isn't quite close enough.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Edit force-feedback?

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Frank Alexandre da Silva, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Frank Alexandre da Silva

Frank Alexandre da Silva

Ratings:
    +97
    Is this possible? If i turn on enviroment effect i get some strange canned vibration all the time. If i turned it to 0% its much better but i lost the kerbs effect. To make it clear, is it possible to turn all the enviroment effect to 0 but still keep the kerbs effect?

2. Scott Webber

Scott Webber

Ratings:
    +2,397
    I was wondering the same, but now you mention it i only started to get this weird horrible vibration in my wheel when i did turn this up, the feedback isn't even strong but the vibration is, it's very off-putting when racing especially going through corners.

Im still experimenting but if i find a set up good enough i'll let you know.

3. Frank Alexandre da Silva

Frank Alexandre da Silva

Ratings:
    +97
    There's a file effectsetup.xml at the force-feedback folder. I edited some lines but i dont know if it will have a effect in game. I'm at work now and cant test but the lines are.
    <!-- Surface vibrations
    Describes grip and effect if car is travellinng over a specific surface. Sample freq is scaled with speed.
    scale= effect scale
    name= surface name to play effect over
    grip= multiplier of tyre forces over the surface
    thresholdLow= lower travelling speed threshold in m/s to scale effect in between
    thresholdHigh= higher travelling speed threshold in m/s to scale effect in between
    freqLow= Freq range low
    freqHigh= Freq renge high
    scaleLow= envelope scale low
    scaleHigh= envelope scale high
    length= sample length
    sample= name of sample to play-->

<FFBSurface scale="0.10" name="TARMAC" grip="1.0" thresholdLow="6.0" thresholdHigh="10.0" freqLow="0.0" freqHigh="0.0" scaleLow="0.0" scaleHigh="1.0" length="0.1" sample="tarmac"/>