1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured Ecclestone's Mother-in-Law Reportedly Kidnapped in Brazil

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Ecclestone mother in law kidnap.jpg
    BBC News in the UK have made claims that the mother-in-law of Formula One chief Bernie Ecclestone has been reportedly kidnapped in Brazil with a ransom of £28,000,000 UK Sterling demanded for her safe return.

Ecclestone - reportedly worth an estimated £2.4 billion - is supposedly required to have the £28 million ransom divided into four separate bags of cash, as reported by Brazilian publication Veja.

Brazil is no stranger to kidnapping attempts even within the Formula One circle, when at the 2010 Brazilian GP, Jenson Buttons' vehicle was approached by three men carrying machine guns on the Saturday evening of the Grand Prix weekend. However the news of Ms. Schunck's alleged kidnapping and ransom appears to be the highest recorded demand in Brazil's history.

No comment from Ecclestone has been forthcoming at this stage, but be sure to stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes available.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2016
    • Wow Wow x 2
    • Sad Sad x 1
  2. <Mod Edit: Posts that are disrespectful and beyond reasonable taste have no place here at RD.>

3. <Mod Edit: Posts that are disrespectful and beyond reasonable taste have no place here at RD.>

4. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Wish somebody would kidnap mine.:whistling: I'd want the kidnappers to pay me before I'd accept her back.:cautious:

• Haha Haha x 15
    • Angry Angry x 1
  5. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

You know I was gonna post the link earlier lol I knew you'd guys would say exactly what I said about keeping.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sunny Sky Speed

Sunny Sky Speed
    Livery Designer Premium Member

<Mod Edit: Posts that are disrespectful and beyond reasonable taste have no place here at RD.>

7. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

Wow. Some of these comments have been utterly disgusting. You may not like Ecclestone, but simply because this woman has a connection to him does not mean she in anyway deserves the situation that she is reportedly in.

Grow up gentlemen.

• Agree Agree x 28
    • Like Like x 3
    • Wow Wow x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
  8. BattleOvce

BattleOvce
    Premium Member

Typical Brazil.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

10. Well if you live in Brazil you kinda get used to this stuff. And whenever you want to change the situation you are called all the words that ends in "ist" and "phobic" so meh

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
  11. I wish this woman get free soon and well and the criminal person go to jail and don't receive any money. And all other similar cases.
    Things here in Brazil are going from bad to worse...

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. This is really true!!
    But I wish (maybe hope is the wright word) all things get resolved well.

13. SK

SK
    Prince with a thousand enemies. Premium Member

SK: "Oh hell yeah time for some fun...."

Open thread

<Mod Edit: Posts that are disrespectful and beyond reasonable taste have no place here at RD.><Mod Edit: Posts that are disrespectful and beyond reasonable taste have no place here at RD.><Mod Edit: Posts that are disrespectful and beyond reasonable taste have no place here at RD.><Mod Edit: Posts that are disrespectful and beyond reasonable taste have no place here at RD.><Mod Edit: Posts that are disrespectful and beyond reasonable taste have no place here at RD.>

:cry::cry::cry:

14. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

I was surprised to read that she lived in a district of Sao Paulo, not exactly known to be the safest place on earth!:O_o:

With the current world we live in though I'm not too sure where's safe...:unsure:

Just hope that they manage to get her back home safely.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. BattleOvce

BattleOvce
    Premium Member

Like in EU, Our politicians just telling us to get used to the terrorist attacks :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. it will go well... to the criminals as the human rights groups got a chance to get some exposure and will defend them at any cost.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Angry Angry x 1
  17. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

Even though I had the mother-in-law joke ready at the tip of my fingers, once again we (Brazilians) go down on the news, but in the bad side of news.

First, the President has fallen, second, the Copa America debacle, third, the olympics, now this.

What else now? Isis?

• Sad Sad x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. But what is her fault!?? She is involved with Bernie 'cause her daughter (that was 38 by the time) got married to him.
    The way Bernie is, I don't think she get anything from him...

• Haha Haha x 1
  19. Well the only bad thing about the president falling is that she didn't fall deep enough yet :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

Yeaaaah, but she's right now in my town nowadays, so that's the lowest standard possible, geographically speaking :p

• Haha Haha x 1