1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

E3 - Gran Turismo 5 US release date: November 2, 2010

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by Chris Rogerson, Jun 15, 2010.

1. E3 GT5 news 9pm tonight (Paris time)

Thread hijacked :)

GT5 will be released in the US at November 2, 2010

2. I've been watching the E3 conference's from Microsoft and Nintendo at Gametrailers.com and IGN as they have been nice and smooth and in HD. Gamespot has been laggy and keeps buffering every 20-30 secs which has been annoying. I'll be watching Sony's conference tonight and will post any news on GT5.

http://www.gametrailers.com/e3/livefeed/sony

3. Kaz Hirai just confirmed 3D support in GT5

4. Still no word of GT5 :(

5. Ah here we go!!! w00t!

6. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Hehe i just tuned in on time :) Hope its more impressing that what i have seen this weekend in Le Mans. That was far from groundbreaking to be honest.

The exterior TV cams looks amazing but the onboard footage didn't

7. November 2nd in the US!!!!

8. Bram

Bram

Hmmm Vettel & Red Bull = Formula 1?

9. Shannon Flynn

Shannon Flynn
    VirtualHillClimb.com Premium Member

So, uh, not being released outside of North America?
    :)

10. Yeah that was an interesting segment not seen before, hopefully seeing Adrian Newey and Sebastian Vettel in the video we will see a Red Bull F1 car

11. Bram

Bram

Would be a good combination :thumb:

12. Bram

Bram

Didn't they name a date for Europe and Asia?

13. no they didn't... only US...

14. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

PS3 isnt region specific, Anybody could import from the US is they get it early :)

15. Top gear test track and Stig!:bang:

16. they are really pushing me to buy a ps3 this year for sure

17. Damn, this game will cost me around £200! I think Vettel + RedBull are in there not as F1 but becasue of RedBulls massive sponsorship in racing in general especially WRC.

But.....the clip shows him talking into a Mic so maybe he has a few soundbytes maybe as your 'friend' or someone to help you/give tips throughout your career.

Just my thoughts,
    Dan.

EDIT: Or do Sony still hold an F1 2007 licence? Or does that all go to Codies (200? - 2012)

18. Yeh Red Bull do sponsor the Citroen WRC team, but Adrian Newey and Vettel have nothing to do with that. They are F1 specific.

The F2007 is not under the F1 licence, that came with the Ferrari licence and the fact that it was the prior year's car. I THINK developers can use F1 cars from previous seasons with the team's permission.

19. Yes I know but I thought RedBull sponsor WRC Citroen who appear so they think "Lets get a racedriver from RedBull" but....

....just looked on F1 site now and it says that the RedBull F1 is likely to appear given that its a Car and not a Series licence (e.g. being able to use F1 logos) all so simple now :p

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=41128

Dan.

20. Codemasters own the rights to make an F1 game but AFAIK teams can still do their own deals with publishers which is why even when Sony had the license Live For Speed and ISI were able to produce a F1 BMW car. iRacing are releasing a Williams F1 car this year even though Codemasters have the F1 license and GT5 will have some NASCAR cars even though iRacing has a partnership with NASCAR - though that was already discussed as being a non exclusive deal to be fair.