dynHUD problem ??

Hi guys, I can't choose dynhud overlays in game display settings. In "HUD Type" menu I can only choose "Native" or "OFF". On the log file there is no error message. Does anyone know what is the issue ?

Attachments

• Ekran Alıntısı.JPG
    Ekran Alıntısı.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 289
A recent update to Windows 10 has broken the HUD in Automobilista. As a short-term solution Reiza have added an option (which the game now defaults to) which disables DynHUD.

To enable it again, run the game config (launch the game from your Steam library and instead of 'Play game' select the configuration option and untick the box that says 'Disable DynHUD'). If you are on an older build of W10 or an older OS like Windows 7 you should have no issues. If you experience constant crashes then disable DynHUD again by relaunching the config and ticking the box again.

Alernative HUDs such as GID and EvoHUD apparently are not effected by the issue so they may be worth a try, as an alernative, if you rely on certain info on the HUD.

The 'native' HUD still supplies you with info but may not be activated straight away. Press your '4' '5' and '6' keys to toggle on and off the different parts of the HUD.

Last edited:
A recent update to Windows 10 has broken the HUD in Automobilista. As a short-term solution Reiza have added an option (which the game now defaults to) which disables DynHUD.

To enable it again run the game config (launch the game from your Steam library and instead or Play game select the configuration option and untick the box that says 'Disable DynHUD'). If you are on an older build of W10 or an older OS like Windows 7 you should have no issues. If you experience constant crashes than disable DynHUD again by relaunch the config and ticking the box again.

Alernative HUDs such as GID and EvoHUD apparently are not effected by the issue so they maybe worth a try as an alernative if you rely on certain info on the HUD.

The 'native' HUD still supplies you with info but may not be activated straight away. Press your '4' '5' and '6' keys to toggle on and off the different parts of the HUD.

Thanks for quick reply and help sir, you solved my problem thanks very much :)

hello I have the same problem, I have windows 10 build creator update, about a week after I load the track, and I'm driving, the game crashes.
I tried to disable the hud, and reduce the graphic detail to the minimum, it often works, but it is not right that it is so

I am having major micro stutters with dynhud enabled and I am using Windows 7. Does anyone else have this problem? Mine was fine before last update.

No issues here Andy and I'm on W7 any particular combo to check for you:)

I was using dynhud with no problems Kenny until the last update. Now I get serious micro stutters with dynhud on all tracks and all cars so far tested. Go back to native hud and everything is fine. Strange eh?

It is, I've not ran many tracks but no stuttering at any, you got any other plugins that could be causing a conflict. What about capping your FPS to your refresh rate.
No Plugins, just vanilla AMS. FPS not capped. The FPS is about 130-150. Freesync 75mhz monitor and AMD RX480. Like I said, all was ok before latest update.

I am having major micro stutters with dynhud enabled and I am using Windows 7. Does anyone else have this problem? Mine was fine before last update.

Yes, I am having the same issue. AMD card. I stupidly updated the drivers for the card in the middle of the AMS 1.48 update, so am still trying to figure-out what is causing issues. It seems to be at least partly DynaHUD related. The problem is that many people have complained of this problems since the beginning of AMS. I never experienced it myself until now :(

Yes, I am having the same issue. AMD card. I stupidly updated the drivers for the card in the middle of the AMS 1.48 update, so am still trying to figure-out what is causing issues. It seems to be at least partly DynaHUD related. The problem is that many people have complained of this problems since the beginning of AMS. I never experienced it myself until now :(

Hi Marc
Like I stated mine seemed fine until latest update but yes I did update to latest AMD Radeon drivers too. Might try a roll back.

Hi Andy, try downgrading your gpu driver, maybe it helps. I use r9 390x and I had some fps issue and sometimes recording issue when I try to use radeon relive app on latest driver. I downgraded my driver a few earlier versions and now I can use relive app with no fps lost and full performance. Maybe it helps your ams DynHud problem ;)

Hi Andy, try downgrading your gpu driver, maybe it helps. I use r9 390x and I had some fps issue and sometimes recording issue when I try to use radeon relive app on latest driver. I downgraded my driver a few earlier versions and now I can use relive app with no fps lost and full performance. Maybe it helps your ams DynHud problem ;)

I did reverse back to the driver I had been using that was not causing such noticeable stutter: 17.7.2. I had a very slight noticeable degradation with DynaHUD turned on previously--not enough to prevent me from using it with this driver and the previous many, many builds.

I updated to 1.48 and the latest WHQL AMD driver at the same time (big mistake). Slide show with DynaHUD on.

As mentioned, I reverted to 17.7.2 using the clean install method, and now have much better performance than the slide show, but worse than before. The stutters can be bothersome and if this is what others were complaining about for the past year or more, I can see why they didn't want to use DynaHUD. Of course, the less powerful your card, the worse they will be.

Unfortunately, unless other who did not update their drivers come forward to report sudden stutters with 1.48, we have no way to know what is going on. What I can confirm is that the driver version makes a huge difference. But not sure how or whether it can go back to what has been "normal" for me?

I What I can confirm is that the driver version makes a huge difference. But not sure how or whether it can go back to what has been "normal" for me?

Well I went back to Radeon AMD drivers 16.12.2. And now my dynhud is working superbly again. No more micro stutters etc etc. :thumbsup: It's working as it should with the older drivers for me anyway. I can now get back to some lovely AI races at Ibarra or whatever it's called. Love that track and doubly so in the Ultima Race car.:) Sebring is ace too.
Thanks for your help guys.
YOVZvPq.png

0rkyKZC.png

j41UguW.png

bIJPInC.png

b0r77B3.png

Last edited:
Well I went back to Radeon AMD drivers 16.12.2. And now my dynhud is working superbly again. No more micro stutters etc etc. :thumbsup: It's working as it should with the older drivers for me anyway. I can now get back to some lovely AI races at Ibarra or whatever it's called. Love that track and doubly so in the Ultima Race car.:) Sebring is ace too.
Thanks for your help guys.
YOVZvPq.png

0rkyKZC.png

j41UguW.png

bIJPInC.png

b0r77B3.png

Hi Andy, I use also driver v16.x.x (I don't know now exactly the version number:)) it is best driver version ever :) I am glad that you solved the problem :thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.